Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible Summit League Expansion

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    UALR's Athletic Director is from South Dakota and has stated that though the Sun Belt is his preferred conference that the Summit League would be the #2 option if it had to leave.

Did I ever say that UALR wanted to leave? Did I say that they would leave? I think you just wanted to take a shot at a better conference so you took some of my words and then read them wrong to make your point.
    That quote was like from five years ago, and is totally irrelevant now. UT-Arlington, a non-football school has been added to the Sun Belt, since that time. Only Denver was kicked out, because they didn't have enough conference sports, and they will be in the Summit next year.

The idea that UALR would consider the Summit League now is preposterous, as even ORU and then UMKC didn't want to stay in your league. That should tell you something about how undesirable the Summit is, but it's apparent this board clings to a shred of news from five years ago as still being relevant. Go after Iowa State and Nebraska, as you'll have as much of a chance of getting them: 0%.

Comment

Re: Possible Summit League Expansion

Not a smack thread.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
      X