X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Tournament Championship - NDSU

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=206728763

Re: Summit League Tournament Championship - NDSU

Taylor Braun looks very tough to handle. He got a shot off with 4 or 5 seconds on the shot clock and it went in. This kid is tough and we are going to have to match up and plug the paint so that Bjorkland does not take over.

Comment

The scary part of Braun is that he does not look 100% yet and he is doing the things he is.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I am coming over for the women's game, and may stay for the men's game tonight, depending on the weather. But if I don't, is anyone interested in my two tickets for the championship game? They are great seats, about the 45 yard line across from the scores table, 8th row.Good luck tonight. I hate the Bison.

Comment

Unless something changes with us, if NDSU brings the same level of "offense" I saw in their games vs. KC and WIU, this one should be a fairly comfortable win. KC and and a Parks-less WIU are not exactly the world's best defensive teams but they were both able to keep the Bison from scoring for long stretches of time. The first halves have been especially brutal. If that happens tonight the Arena will get rocking right off the bat. I expect a real battle but am hoping to see the Bison bumbling around with the ball for a 3rd consecutive game.

The crowd did a great job last night. Read the comments about it by FW's coach. Let's raise it up another level tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Unless something changes with us, if NDSU brings the same level of "offense" I saw in their games vs. KC and WIU, this one should be a fairly comfortable win. KC and and a Parks-less WIU are not exactly the world's best defensive teams but they were both able to keep the Bison from scoring for long stretches of time. The first halves have been especially brutal. If that happens tonight the Arena will get rocking right off the bat. I expect a real battle but am hoping to see the Bison bumbling around with the ball for a 3rd consecutive game.

The crowd did a great job last night. Read the comments about it by FW's coach. Let's raise it up another level tonight.
            I especially liked the comment about how he has never seen the Jacks play as good as they did in the second half. Play like that tonight and we be dancin again!

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              I am coming over for the women's game, and may stay for the men's game tonight, depending on the weather. But if I don't, is anyone interested in my two tickets for the championship game? They are great seats, about the 45 yard line across from the scores table, 8th row.Good luck tonight. I hate the Bison.
              I agree! Have fun this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I expect the Jackrabbits to win, but I also expect that NDSU will be much better than they have looked in this tournament so far. UMKC was playing the WIU role of trying to ugly up the game at all costs and obviously Western did their thing last night too. That second game last night was brutal, by halftime we just left because there was no flow or form to the game. It was just impossible to watch. That being said, I suspect that the Bison will put that behind them and will feel and act like the team that got out fast against us in Fargo and then hung on to win.
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

It is going to be a dog fight. Throw out all prior games, this one is for all the marbles.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    It is going to be a dog fight. Throw out all prior games, this one is for all the marbles.
                    Yup I think so too.

Comment

This is unusual for me, but I actually feel good about this game. Normally, I'm all kinds of worried.

I do think it will be a good game, however the way we were able to play against a very hot IPFW team, take their best shot, and still win impressively was something else.

This is a veteran squad who won't panic in a tight spot. I like the mental make up of the team. I like that Fiegen has become a much tougher scorer this year, I like that Chad White has really come on the past several weeks.

All that said... I hope the players don't feel that way. You still got to show up and play the game, and the Bison are going to give them a battle.

Comment

I think this is going to be a great game. SDSU has the advantage of having a premier player in Wolters and has the crowd on their side. NDSU really has to stay away from long scoring droughts and limit turnovers. I would say NDSU has an advantage on the boards and has more depth on its bench. SDSU will also have the advantage of getting the foul line more as Wolters is very good at drawing fouls similar to how Woodside did it years ago. NDSU hasn't lost a conference game with Braun in the lineup. I think it is too close to call right now but SDSU has a slight advantage. Looking forward to a great game tonight and hopefully no injuries on either side. Best of luck to the Jacks tonight.

Comment

just heard rumor going 'round [out of fargo]---nate wolters will not play due to injury. well, the fargo station (kvox) jumped on that and got the bison radio broadcaster on and he pretty much shot that down. said he watched wolters walk off floor and he looked fine. gosh, funny how that stuff gets goin'!

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                            just heard rumor going 'round [out of fargo]---nate wolters will not play due to injury. well, the fargo station (kvox) jumped on that and got the bison radio broadcaster on and he pretty much shot that down. said he watched wolters walk off floor and he looked fine. gosh, funny how that stuff gets goin'!
                            You just made my heart stop for like 5 secs. Don't do that, my heart is already racing.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TSLSportsLounge

Sports Lounge‏@TSLSportsLounge
                              - SDSU's Nate Wolters needs 50 points to break Chris White's single season school record of 747 points during the 1991-92 season. #Summit

Comment

Working...
                              X