Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Hmmmm...trying to understand what is particularly unique to Bison fans that make them show up in greater numbers for a Thursday-Sunday tourney schedule vs. a Saturday-Tuesday schedule. If it is proximity to the tourney site, then is a Bison fan living four to six hours away more likely to attend than a Jackrabbit fan living four to six hours away if we shift the tourney days? We have a strong contingent of SDSU fans who travel at least that far for the tourney every year.

We have all seen how Bison fans travel well for football: e.g. national title game in far off Texas. I think the interest just isn't the same for NDSU basketball on an ongoing basis. That doesn't mean it cannot change (cf. The growth in fan support for SDSU football).
    Please don't compare this to the national title game, only an NCAA tournament game can began to compare to that. Plus football games are played on the weekend last time I checked, not Tuesday night.

People have to do things like work and students have to go class....having the games on Monday and Tuesday are far from ideal. Like I said, TV dictates that and I'd rather our league get exposure than anything.

The MVC has an amazing thing in Arch Madness and look at when the games are played, Thursday-Sunday and the top six teams play Friday-Sunday. Perfect for traveling fans.

Comment

If you can get off Thursday/Friday at work than you sure as heck should be able to get off Monday/Tuesday. No excuse.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        If you can get off Thursday/Friday at work than you sure as heck should be able to get off Monday/Tuesday. No excuse.
        Ideally it would be Friday-Sunday. Like I said make a weekend out of it, top two seeds get byes into the semifinals. The tournament would be perfect then.

Comment

I take two days of vacation each year - problem solved. We head to SF check into the hotel and watch a lot of basketball. Good times

Comment

I can't wait to go to the Summit League Tournament! I haven't been for three years because of my old job and work with the Willie Mac tournament. This will also be my first few live games of the year (damn grad school) so I'm pretty pumped! Me and 3 other friends have our rooms reserved at the Sheraton and will be there! Can't Wait! (Bart Scott voice)
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Missed all of 2009, made every game in 2010, made the womens championship in 2011 and missed all of 2012.

Will be at every game again (finally) this year.

Will miss the wife and kids for those 4 days, but am very excited to be going again.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                I would Denver into the mix as well, they will be tough. I think you guys have a chance and I don't expect as much of falloff when we lost Woodside but as of right now you rely heavily on Nate (and for good reason) and just aren't very deep. I think there are a lot of question marks for you guys going into next year and some kids are going to need to have good off seasons.
                Absolutely there are questions and they will be answered next season. The focus now is on winning tomorrow and then sweeping 3 games and earning a trip back to the NCAA's. Nate Wolters is a special player the like of which we may never see again. This is a special time at SDSU and I wouldn't miss it for anything.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just printed out my Summit Tournament Session passes - only to discover at the end of the 24 pages, that my ink cartridge had worn down and the barcodes didn't come out properly on the last half of the pages. Perhaps if Ticketmaster didn't put so much advertising crap on each page and spread 3 all session passes out over 24 pages I could avoid having to reprint the whole dang lot. Anyone else who is planning on printing their session passes at home might want to ensure you have plenty of fresh ink in your cartridges before printing!
                  Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

When does Sioux Falls get their new arena??

Comment

Originally posted by UNO Fan View Post
                      When does Sioux Falls get their new arena??
                      It will be ready for the 2015 Summit League Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        It will be ready for the 2015 Summit League Tournament.
                        Is it going to be in the same location as the old one??

Comment

Originally posted by UNO Fan View Post
                          Is it going to be in the same location as the old one??
                          Same location, adding onto the Convention Center.

http://siouxfallseventscenter.org/

Comment

Let's hope the Summit can maintain a strong conference to look forward to the first tourney in the new venue. It would be great to hear some news of growth around the time of the tournament. UOTE=UWMandSDSU;225543]It will be ready for the 2015 Summit League Tournament.[/QUOTE]
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It is time for the excitement to continue in SF.
                              The men
                              SDSU vs #8 IUPUI
                              #4 Oakland vs #5 IPFW
                              #3 NDSU vs #6 UMKC
                              #2 Western
                              Illinois vs #7 USD

The women
                              #1 SDSU V #8 Oakland
                              #2 IUPUI v #7 Kansas City
                              #3 USD v #6 NDSU
                              #4 Ft Wayne v #5 WIU
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Men

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...pionship/index

Women

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...pionship/index

Comment

Working...
                                X