Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
    Very possible this year, you guys have a strong team. Not so sure about next year...
    understandable, but we return 3 starters with a lot of experince and our 6th man will be ready for a bigger role. So if those guys fill some roles and the new guys are any good, 3 games in SF is all it takes and with a fairly good home crowd it could happen. but I am sure NDSU and oakland will try to have something to say about it.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      understandable, but we return 3 starters with a lot of experince and our 6th man will be ready for a bigger role. So if those guys fill some roles and the new guys are any good, 3 games in SF is all it takes and with a fairly good home crowd it could happen. but I am sure NDSU and oakland will try to have something to say about it.
      I would Denver into the mix as well, they will be tough. I think you guys have a chance and I don't expect as much of falloff when we lost Woodside but as of right now you rely heavily on Nate (and for good reason) and just aren't very deep. I think there are a lot of question marks for you guys going into next year and some kids are going to need to have good off seasons.

Comment

I would Denver into the mix as well, they will be tough. I think you guys have a chance and I don't expect as much of falloff when we lost Woodside but as of right now you rely heavily on Nate (and for good reason) and just aren't very deep. I think there are a lot of question marks for you guys going into next year and some kids are going to need to have good off seasons.
        Very true. Part of me thinks that the team will adjust a little bit to bigger roles because they know they cant just count on nate taking over. So White and Dykstra really will need to carry more of the scoring load. Heemstra needs to stay out of foul trouble but will probably be more offesively minded in the post and capable then fiegen was I really think he can be a double digit scorer. considering we play a 6 man team, we really need 2 to 3 guys to step up. Horstman should considiering he is finaly health from his back injury. And a few redshirts will get a few mintues and bring some skills, just really depends on how the seniors do. If they play like they are capable dkstra double double machine or the guy who played at IPFW and oakland for 7 points total that trip. white has made a lot of big time shots so I think he will be ready for the role. coach will need Carlson to really make that step. considering he will have the ball in his hands more with Bittle who will need some help. I know NDSU will be tough, I just dont know enough about Denver, I think they will have a learning period of the grinds and travel of the summit along with learning all the new teams and systems which is tough for the new guy sometimes. Oakland will most likely be fighing for a top 3 spot too.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The Bison haven't set the bar very high for us. They have yet to win a game in the Summit Tournament since Woodside graduated - not smack, just a fact. I think we will do better then that after Nate graduates.

Of course this thread is about the present and the present looks pretty good for us. I like our chances of dancing two years in a row!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            The Bison haven't set the bar very high for us. They have yet to win a game in the Summit Tournament since Woodside graduated - not smack, just a fact. I think we will do better then that after Nate graduates.

Of course this thread is about the present and the present looks pretty good for us. I like our chances of dancing two years in a row!
            I like our chances as well.

Comment

Hey no need to get pissy just calling it the way it is. Your women's program dominates, wish I could say that for the Bison. If you want to lump that together with the men then more power to you but you've danced just as much as NDSU during that time and less then Oakland.

As for Bison fans in the sioux falls, I hope there is a good turn out but I doubt it will happen, which is too bad.
              That was a "pissy" response? Sounded more like a legitimate question that was calling it "the way it is."
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

In other words, your womens program dominates the Summit League.
                VERY TRUE. However, I did not know this thread only pertained to men's BB, I guess the title lead me to believe it was about the entirity of the Summit Tourney - an event in which two SDSU teams take part. Being in the seats for these two teams' games (plus lots of others) makes the scope of the entire event clearer. All I know is that I have been on my feet cheering at the end of nearly all 16 Tournament games won by SDSU over the past four years. That's a lot of March cheering. We are fortunate.

Comment

I like our chances as well.
                  No need to get pissy about it.

[My point: throwing the yellow BS flag on this one, BisonBohl. You were trying to get in a little dig several posts ago by pointing out how the SDSU women have dominated the SL. You were then asked a question that wasn't pissy at all...just a question about whether a lot of Bison fans will show up this year. So you respond "no need to get pissy about it?" Sheesh, winter getting a little long up north? I don't know if you've been at the Summit Tourney lately but the Bison fans have been sparse. I did't really think your comment, quoted above, was very pissy but it was more pissy than OldHare's question that you said was pissy.]

Is this a pissing match?

(Added a few minutes later) and we know, and are very proud of the fact, that the SDSU women dominate the Summit League. We're planning on doing that in men's basketball too.

Comment

Hey no need to get pissy just calling it the way it is. Your women's program dominates, wish I could say that for the Bison. If you want to lump that together with the men then more power to you but you've danced just as much as NDSU during that time and less then Oakland.

As for Bison fans in the sioux falls, I hope there is a good turn out but I doubt it will happen, which is too bad.
                    It is not a p##sy call. It is where have the bison been for the past 3 years. It is not like the Jack men have been carrying the load on the attendance figures. It is not the Jack women carrying the load on the attendance numbers. The numbers have been consistent with the basketball fans watching the bison men and grizz men and jack women winning the tourney. It seems the skin is a bit thin for backing the bison on years they are not championship caliber. It may also make an argument for the home crowd when the bison and grizz win 3 of 4 for the men's side. Oh that's right, when the Jacks have a competitive team it is home court; but the rest win with talent. One thing is proven is that the attendance record is the Sioux Falls Sport Authority and not the home court of the Jacks. Let us not hear the home court whining any longer. I will not say it is not a help to make the little bit of difference, but you should not say that it overrules talent. Please no more p##sing talk about fan support or women dominance, thank you.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      It is not a p##sy call. It is where have the bison been for the past 3 years. It is not like the Jack men have been carrying the load on the attendance figures. It is not the Jack women carrying the load on the attendance numbers. The numbers have been consistent with the basketball fans watching the bison men and grizz men and jack women winning the tourney. It seems the skin is a bit thin for backing the bison on years they are not championship caliber. It may also make an argument for the home crowd when the bison and grizz win 3 of 4 for the men's side. Oh that's right, when the Jacks have a competitive team it is home court; but the rest win with talent. One thing is proven is that the attendance record is the Sioux Falls Sport Authority and not the home court of the Jacks. Let us not hear the home court whining any longer. I will not say it is not a help to make the little bit of difference, but you should not say that it overrules talent. Please no more p##sing talk about fan support or women dominance, thank you.
                      Not sure I follow you here, where did I make any comments about the home court and not having talent??? I think SDSU has a strong chance to win on the men's side and definitely the favorite on the women's side.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        No need to get pissy about it.

[My point: throwing the yellow BS flag on this one, BisonBohl. You were trying to get in a little dig several posts ago by pointing out how the SDSU women have dominated the SL. You were then asked a question that wasn't pissy at all...just a question about whether a lot of Bison fans will show up this year. So you respond "no need to get pissy about it?" Sheesh, winter getting a little long up north? I don't know if you've been at the Summit Tourney lately but the Bison fans have been sparse. I did't really think your comment, quoted above, was very pissy but it was more pissy than OldHare's question that you said was pissy.]

Is this a pissing match?

(Added a few minutes later) and we know, and are very proud of the fact, that the SDSU women dominate the Summit League. We're planning on doing that in men's basketball too.
                        Ones perspective, can respect that...

Comment

If the tournament was Thursday-Sunday I bet a lot more Bison fans would probably go and make a weekend of it. I understand why the games are played when they are, TV dictates it but it is a tremendous benefit to have the event in your backyard.

Comment

2351 at Fargo for the home finale and Taylor Braun's return to the hardwood. Tuesday night tough for crowds.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              2351 at Fargo for the home finale and Taylor Braun's return to the hardwood. Tuesday night tough for crowds.
                              Tuesday night was bummer for senior night, not an easy night to get a big crowd, also you combine the fact this its tournament time for class B high school and last week of regular season for class A.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                                If the tournament was Thursday-Sunday I bet a lot more Bison fans would probably go and make a weekend of it. I understand why the games are played when they are, TV dictates it but it is a tremendous benefit to have the event in your backyard.
                                Hmmmm...trying to understand what is particularly unique to Bison fans that make them show up in greater numbers for a Thursday-Sunday tourney schedule vs. a Saturday-Tuesday schedule. If it is proximity to the tourney site, then is a Bison fan living four to six hours away more likely to attend than a Jackrabbit fan living four to six hours away if we shift the tourney days? We have a strong contingent of SDSU fans who travel at least that far for the tourney every year.

We have all seen how Bison fans travel well for football: e.g. national title game in far off Texas. I think the interest just isn't the same for NDSU basketball on an ongoing basis. That doesn't mean it cannot change (cf. The growth in fan support for SDSU football).

Comment

Working...
                                X