Summit at the Falls 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit at the Falls 2013

I am getting more and more excited for this years tournament even though both the SDSU men and women are not playing their best right now. Crowds are going to be large and the atmosphere is going to be charged with high energy.

If I'm not mistaken and please correct me if I'm wrong, the men are locked into a Saturday game. Even with a loss at UNO (not expecting this but they do have to play the game) the Jacks finish with no worse than 4 losses. WIU is the only team that has 3 losses and Oakland has 5 losses. With NDSU at 4 losses the worst we can do is a tie for 2nd with NDSU. That would mean WIU wins the conference and due to SDSU's 2-0 record against WIU and NDSU being 0-2 against WIU and 1-1 vs Jacks, we would be the #2 seed. Jacks win Thursday or if there is a 3-way tie the Jacks get the #1 seed (most desirable).

So, Saturday is going to be rockin and if the Jacks hold up their end of the deal Monday should be crazy as well. Staying up there for the duration.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

Correct - Saturday it is. NDSU can pass neither SDSU or WIU so they are locked in to Sunday. The interesting question is where will USD end up. I would have locked them in at a definite #7 (playing Saturday) until hearing about the possible injury to WIU's Parks. If he is out USD could have a shot at beating WIU in the final game, they could still pass KC and end up at #6 (playing Sunday, along with the USD women).

On the womens' side, I think the odds are pretty good that you will see a SDSU/USD final. USD has owned #2 IUPUI this year and should blast them again if they face off in the semi's (and they should). Anything is possible in the womens' tourney, but I would not bet against the big rivalry final. Get your tickets for that Tuesday afternoon game now!

Comment

NDSU can pass WIU but it would be difficult, WIU would have to get swept and while I could see USD beating them I doubt UMKC is capable of doing so.

Comment

True... I got ahead of myself with WIU. If they lose to both KC and USD they probably fall to #3. Also, if they lose to both KC and USD they might as well stay home and watch the Summit Tourney on TV!

Comment

The men's bracket is setting up perfectly for BB fans in my opinion. The premier team with the leagues premier player on Saturday. A home state team in USD against a 2 seed that will be vulnerable right after that. If not USD than a UMKC team that has upset the USD team and will likely have the backing of the crowd. Sunday will include two very good teams in OU and NDSU against opponents that could pull an upset. First round upsets do occur. A 6 beat a 3 last year, 5 has beaten 4 several times and 7 beat 2 a few years ago.

If the top 4 seeds advance Monday will be one of the best nights for BB in the history of the state. Again, I'm excited.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Can. Not. Wait. looking forward to both the Jackrabbit Mens and Womens punching their ticket for the dance!
            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Here's your interesting fact of the day: Since SDSU became post-season eligble there have been eight Summit League Tournament championship teams (men's and women's). SDSU has claimed five of those eight. That's pretty amazing considering that there have been at least nine other schools fighting for those same trophies. No other school has more than one during that same span. How about we add two more and make it 7 of 10.

Comment

The fact I like to throw at people is "There are two and only two universities whose women's basketball programs have made the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament field every single year that they've been eligible. Tennessee . . . and South Dakota State."

That's what you call tradition.

Let's keep it rolling!
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Here's your interesting fact of the day: Since SDSU became post-season eligble there have been eight Summit League Tournament championship teams (men's and women's). SDSU has claimed five of those eight. That's pretty amazing considering that there have been at least nine other schools fighting for those same trophies. No other school has more than one during that same span. How about we add two more and make it 7 of 10.
                  Oakland has two. NDSU has the other.

Comment

I guess I gave ORU too much credit - thought they won it a couple years ago. For as good as both ORU teams were during their last four years in the conference, it had to be pretty frustrating for them to come away with no Tournament championships.

Looking back at the tournament scores now I was surprised to see that IUPUI was a #2 seed three years ago and a #3 seed two years ago. Have they ever taken a tumble....

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      In other words, your womens program dominates the Summit League.

Comment

Will the Bison bring a crowd this year or remain absent? I thought they may bring a few more last year. Only during the first tourney with Woodside did the Bison follow
                        Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          Will the Bison bring a crowd this year or remain absent? I thought they may bring a few more last year. Only during the first tourney with Woodside did the Bison follow
                          Hey no need to get pissy just calling it the way it is. Your women's program dominates, wish I could say that for the Bison. If you want to lump that together with the men then more power to you but you've danced just as much as NDSU during that time and less then Oakland.

As for Bison fans in the sioux falls, I hope there is a good turn out but I doubt it will happen, which is too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                            Darn right, and soon our mens team will join them in repeated trips............hopefully.......with any luck.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Darn right, and soon our mens team will join them in repeated trips............hopefully.......with any luck.
                              Very possible this year, you guys have a strong team. Not so sure about next year...

Comment

Working...
                              X