Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Summit tourney

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    My guess, not a whole lot of tickets will be available in the lower blue chairs. Most of them are taken by the schools and sponsors. With the tournament gaining popularity the number of sponsors will likely increase. A lot of this will change w/ the new events center. The new events center can't come soon enough.
    Agree. I just used me TM account to get 4 all session passes right at noon. They gave me Sec M row 7. Not good, not good at all. Hoping I have a better choice of seats from my guy in line.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      My guess, not a whole lot of tickets will be available in the lower blue chairs. Most of them are taken by the schools and sponsors. With the tournament gaining popularity the number of sponsors will likely increase. A lot of this will change w/ the new events center. The new events center can't come soon enough.
      Have a guy in line as well buying a large number of passes for our group, but just played around a bit on Ticketmaster site. No rhyme or reason to where i was given the option to buy tickets. I put in anywhere from 2 to 12 all session passes, and was always placed in the two outside sections (A, R, F, etc.) of the balcony ranging from row 5-6 to row 24. Finally got one group placed in the middle section d, but was in row 23. Crap shoot at best.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Section E Row 7. Bought 5 of them via Ticketmaster when the bell tolled at noon.

Personally, I think the tickets should somehow allocated through the schools like the rest of the major conferences. Why should season ticket holders not get first dibs? Seems a$$ backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          Row 6 section c at Ticketmaster.
          Not bad, well done.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
            Section E Row 7. Bought 5 of them via Ticketmaster when the bell tolled at noon.

Personally, I think the tickets should somehow allocated through the schools like the rest of the major conferences. Why should season ticket holders not get first dibs? Seems a$$ backwards.
            I love this idea, sign me up pronto. You did get decent seats.

Comment

Our guy was #8 in line...we got Sec W
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Section b row 2. On tm for me

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Not bad, well done.
                  I found a gal that did not have anyone else and she eas capable.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

First guy in line wanted 75 tickets and got no lower level. (WOW) not happy. I was 8th in line and got section W. 14 lowers and 28 uppers. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Agree. I just used me TM account to get 4 all session passes right at noon. They gave me Sec M row 7. Not good, not good at all. Hoping I have a better choice of seats from my guy in line.
                      must have been by my mom. she didnt take them because we would rather be more center even if it means sitting higher up. sucks bceause they only offer best available, no matter what section you would want. not sure why its so hard to take 2 seconds click the section request and pick seats people actually want.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

every search online i get section A or L. thats just not going to cut it.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

With only anecdotal evidence to back this claim up, I think that ticketing/seating algorithms suck. They're simplistic at best and have a really weak definition of "best available." In fact, I bet they just return the first group of contiguous seats for the customer with only a slight weighting for lower rows versus higher rows. And they've probably excluded good seats from the system (midcourt in the upper level and the lower bowl due to sponsors, teams, etc.), so no one using the computerized system, either online or in person at the ticket window, will get seats there. Not that this matters to me since I won't be attending any of these tournament games in Sioux Falls, but I really hate the computerized "best" available systems.

Good luck to Rabbit fans getting good seats.

Comment

6 tickets in D about half way up, by calling the Ticket Master phone #

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                              I would be ok with that section again, i should have mom call while she is in line at the window. just dont know why a system that allows you to choose your seats for an event wont let people do that. even pick the section you want atleast then get best available. argh, has anyone ever mentioned how TM sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                                Wise man, I think you have done well.

Our guy in line since 9 am said the 3 guys in front of him bought 75 tickets each ($10,000). I have a hard time believing that.

We ended up with 20 tickets in Sec M, by far the worst allocation for us thus far and this year our guy waited the longest ever. I guess I can't say I will miss the old arena. No option to select a section, just "best available".

Seems like a phone call to ticketmaster is the best way to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X