Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Summit torney

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Good luck my friend, good luck. I have tried calling and had no luck, its probably just me though. My opinion, they are doing all they can to make ticketmaster the best option. Do the arena of SFSA get a cut of the TM fees? I really have no idea. Do venues pay TM to help distribute tickets to a wider audience? I just don't know.
    I think its only when they are busy they dont like to wait when people are inline to serch for seats for every transaction. When I went tuesday they gave me several options for seats for the womens session saturday even though not many left to choose from. other the other had at Lewis in SF being a ticketmaster location, they were less then helpful trying to get tickets their before. I think it was just the lady working. Usually have had good results at the arena box office. Except when I tried to buy Rush tikets their, they said It was only available online even though it was a show at the Traget center.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Re: 2014 Summit torney

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I think its only when they are busy they dont like to wait when people are inline to serch for seats for every transaction. When I went tuesday they gave me several options for seats for the womens session saturday even though not many left to choose from. other the other had at Lewis in SF being a ticketmaster location, they were less then helpful trying to get tickets their before. I think it was just the lady working. Usually have had good results at the arena box office. Except when I tried to buy Rush tikets their, they said It was only available online even though it was a show at the Traget center.
      I should clarify, you are exactly right. When they first open the windows at 12 noon Friday and open ticketmaster sites and the phone lines there are going to be a tremendous number of seating requests. So many, that wasting anytime as people try to choose seats that are being spoken for while they are choosing isn't feasible. So, the only option is to let the computer select "best available". I can't think of a better way to do it and still be fair to all avenues for ticket purchase without doing it just the way they are. Admitting that, I still like to complain.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Re: 2014 Summit tourney

We will be pretty close by ya. we are on the asile but cant recall what row, its in the teens i am pretty sure.

I'll be close to both of u. Sec D Row 13. I'll do my 2014 online at work on friday. Thats the way ive always done it.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          I'll be close to both of u. Sec D Row 13. I'll do my 2014 online at work on friday. Thats the way ive always done it.
          Online seems to be the most convenient and logical for the working man or anybody that lives outside of the immediate arena area. Our guy is willing to stand in line and I guess that is the way we will go. It may be regrettable time will tell.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

24 hours till 2014. I would guess fewer tickets overall the first day compared to last year during the games. Although the ticket situation for this year may fool me and more people dump the cash early for Douple's raise.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Ticket talk for next year here maybe?

Comment

In line. For here at 10 and am standing out the door of the arena. First person in line was here at 5:45
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

How big is line
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

dad said there are about 100 in front of him, not sure how many behind him, said he didnt see any USD stuff yet, a lot of SDSU hats and shirts inline.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                      In line. For here at 10 and am standing out the door of the arena. First person in line was here at 5:45
                      2 and 3 years ago they let those in line get tickets before releasing them to TM. Any idea if they are doing that this year as well? Thanks.

Comment

well dad had to get to work so mom showed up to take his place in line. sounds like people in the front of the line a lot were talking about buying up to 20 tickets. I would just love to find a way to get seats in the lower blue chairs. one of these years. getting close to the railing would be great but i feel we will be mid way up the upper section again.

just throwing it out their but the summit league should devise a priority point system for people who attend every year. that would have been awesome.

Comment

Interested to hear how it goes for those on ticketmaster. I suspect its going to be interesting to say the least.

Comment

well dad had to get to work so mom showed up to take his place in line. sounds like people in the front of the line a lot were talking about buying up to 20 tickets. I would just love to find a way to get seats in the lower blue chairs. one of these years. getting close to the railing would be great but i feel we will be mid way up the upper section again.

just throwing it out their but the summit league should devise a priority point system for people who attend every year. that would have been awesome.
                            My guess, not a whole lot of tickets will be available in the lower blue chairs. Most of them are taken by the schools and sponsors. With the tournament gaining popularity the number of sponsors will likely increase. A lot of this will change w/ the new events center. The new events center can't come soon enough.

Comment

just got my tickets for 2014 - was online ready to go on the stroke of 12 midday and the best available tickets were Section F Row 5 in the balcony - that's pretty awful for the best available right when tickets go on sale for an event a year away.....
                              Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Row 6 section c at Ticketmaster.

Comment

Working...
                                X