X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kailey Vandrovec Donations

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    PM sent...
    TAB - as much as I like to smack the Bizun - you are a class act to help the cause. Kudos to you.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
      TAB - as much as I like to smack the Bizun - you are a class act to help the cause. Kudos to you.
      Haha...the smack is appreciated as well. All in good fun.

This is something that can bring out the best in our rivalry. Terry V has been very classy, and I wish only the best for him and his family. I could have easily been in his shoes...and was to a point. We had premature twins and things did not always look good for them...so I know the feeling. It helps to have support...and it can be quite surprising where the support comes from.

Comment

Donation post updated. Over $2500. That's incredible!

Comment

I dont know what kind of health insurance the Vandrovec's have but no doubt there are going to be costs that are not covered. I am one of the lucky ones, with my chemo treatments running into the thousands, Medicare and Wellmark, have covered everything to date, but back when I was working, I recall having to pay about 20 percent on some bills and after a while that amount due started to accumlate depending on the illness being treated. So the $2,600 pledged to date will no doubt help out the Vandrovecs in their expenses. I glad I could contribute.
          I know Montana Jack has set a cut off today and that is understandable, but you can also donate at the Caringbridge website. I notice that they have only 5 donations so far. I might make an additional one over there. Terry is worth so much to SDSUFans.com that we can't help too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I dont know what kind of health insurance the Vandrovec's have but no doubt there are going to be costs that are not covered. I am one of the lucky ones, with my chemo treatments running into the thousands, Medicare and Wellmark, have covered everything to date, but back when I was working, I recall having to pay about 20 percent on some bills and after a while that amount due started to accumlate depending on the illness being treated. So the $2,600 pledged to date will no doubt help out the Vandrovecs in their expenses. I glad I could contribute.
            I know Montana Jack has set a cut off today and that is understandable, but you can also donate at the Caringbridge website. I notice that they have only 5 donations so far. I might make an additional one over there. Terry is worth so much to SDSUFans.com that we can't help too much.
            Here is another donation site. This was set up by someone in the family. http://www.gofundme.com/252fnc?pc=fb_cr

Not sure if the caring bridge one goes directly to the family or to the caring bridge site.

Comment

I don't think the caring bridge website goes to Terry and Jess. Think that goes to Caring Bridge in Kailey's name. In one of the posts, there is a link to another website that someone set up for donations to Terry and Jess. I think that one would be the one to use.

I did put a cut-off date as today, but that's intended to be donations sent via mail. I will take donations via paypal up to the day I send the check to Terry. I'm hoping to do that by Saturday March 2nd. That date is assuming I have all the snail mail checks. I will keep the donation post updated as I get checks.

Your right Nidaros that there will be costs not covered. They very well could have health insurance that covers all the medical expenses, but there are lots of incidental expenses such as gas, hotel rooms, food, etc. that health insurance isn't going to touch. We are giving them a decent pot of money to use on those types of things. I commend all the people who have donated.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Here is another donation site. This was set up by someone in the family. http://www.gofundme.com/252fnc?pc=fb_cr

Not sure if the caring bridge one goes directly to the family or to the caring bridge site.
                I believe this is the one linked in the CaringBridge post by TV's sister-in-law.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I don't think the caring bridge website goes to Terry and Jess. Think that goes to Caring Bridge in Kailey's name. In one of the posts, there is a link to another website that someone set up for donations to Terry and Jess. I think that one would be the one to use.

I did put a cut-off date as today, but that's intended to be donations sent via mail. I will take donations via paypal up to the day I send the check to Terry. I'm hoping to do that by Saturday March 2nd. That date is assuming I have all the snail mail checks. I will keep the donation post updated as I get checks.

Your right Nidaros that there will be costs not covered. They very well could have health insurance that covers all the medical expenses, but there are lots of incidental expenses such as gas, hotel rooms, food, etc. that health insurance isn't going to touch. We are giving them a decent pot of money to use on those types of things. I commend all the people who have donated.
                  As usual I did not read all the print about the donations at Carinbridge. I appreciate the correction. The paypal charge me 1.75 for using their system, but we all got to be paid so no big deal.

Comment

As usual I did not read all the print about the donations at Carinbridge. I appreciate the correction. The paypal charge me 1.75 for using their system, but we all got to be paid so no big deal.
                    Did you use a credit card on this? If so that is why there was a $1.75 charge as the credit card company still charges Paypal and they aren't going to cover that fee so you would have to. But if you have a bank account linked to it as well you can/could of used that as the method and there would not have been the $1.75 fee.

Thanks again to MontanaRabbit for taking this on! Great job everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                      Did you use a credit card on this? If so that is why there was a $1.75 charge as the credit card company still charges Paypal and they aren't going to cover that fee so you would have to. But if you have a bank account linked to it as well you can/could of used that as the method and there would not have been the $1.75 fee.

Thanks again to MontanaRabbit for taking this on! Great job everyone!
                      I have a Visa debit with First Bank And Trust, but it said I could not use that card, and that might have to do with my options I set up when I got the debit card. I get the fee charge and its no big deal.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Got three pledges in the mail today.

Can Randy or Paula Gibson please PM so I can matchup the pledge to the name?

Also, the cut-off for mail pledges is tonight, but we can still accept pledges through paypal up until the day I send the check. Hoping to do that by Saturday (maybe sooner if I get them all).

The amount exceeds all my expectations. I was seriously hoping for $500-$600. Obviously some good people on this board.

Comment

Just received an email from Terry saying he will be leaving MSP on Sunday, but Kailey and his wife will likely be there for a few days beyond that.

So, keeping the same plan of Scott Roby delivering the donation from all of us to Terry's wife Jess. Need to confirm this is ok with Scott yet, but am guessing it should be no problem.

The donation list is updated with pledges received through yesterday. Will update this evening with ones that come in the mail today.

Comment

Got all but one pledge. I'm going to try to get this off to Terry tomorrow.

I think I'm going to try to mail it directly to Terry's house. I was in contact with him today and he will be heading home Sunday. One of the donors contacted me thinking it would be best to get it to him is SF so he can deposit it right away. After thinking about it, I think he is correct and will see if Terry will give me his home address tomorrow.

If anyone has an issue with that please PM me.

Jason

Comment

Thats awesome how it took a week to raise 2600 bucks. Jackrabbit nation pulls through once again.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Thats awesome how it took a week to raise 2600 bucks. Jackrabbit nation pulls through once again.
                                I am shocked at the response we got.

I am going to get a card after work tonight and get the check in the mail tomorrow AM. Going to try to mail to Terry in Sioux Falls so he can get it in the bank ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X