Kailey Vandrovec Donations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kailey Vandrovec Donations

As I mentioned in the previous topic, I think it would be great to put together a group donation to help Terry and his wife out during this time period. Although they may have great medical insurance, there are several expenses beyond the medical bills that must be accounted for (gas, food, babysitters, etc.). That's where we come in. I think the people we have on this message board can step up and help them out.

Send me your pledges via private message. I will keep a running total (in the next post) of all the pledges. We need to have a cut-off date for pledges so I will say Monday the 25th as the day to cut-off day for all pledges. If you can get me the money by the following Saturday I will write a check to Terry and his wife and get it to them. I'm thinking either by mail or if someone on the board wants to give it to him in person (let me know if someone knows him or would like to do that).

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Jason Zemlicka, and I am a 2005 graduate of SDSU with a degree in Civil Engineering. I'm currently a structural engineer in Billings, MT. I am originally from Miller and know MJA Alum. He can likely vouch for my character

There are two ways to send your pledge.

1) Paypal - Must send gift (avoids Paypal fees)
    2) Mail

Again just PM me your donation and how you would like to get the money to myself and I will give you the info to do that. After I have donated the money, I will provide proof that Terry received it either by scanning the cancelled heck or getting someone else on the board to deliver it.

Re: Kailey Vandrovec Donations

Current Pledges

Filbert - $100 Received
    mitchellrabbit - $50 Received
    MontanaRabbit - $50
    Rack Jabbit - $50 Received
    Southeast - $50 Received
    jacks1 - $20 Received
    Roy - $100 Received
    2002Jack - $20 Received
    UWMandSDSU - $50 Received
    JackMD - $50 Received
    KUlawJack - $50 Received
    JimmyJack - $50 Received
    rabidrabbit - $100 Received
    poppa1 - $100 Received
    RowdyRabbit - $20 Received
    OldHare - $50 Received
    leeshajo - $20 Received
    joeybrownerHOF - $50 Received
    Pierre_Jacks_Fan - $100 Received
    JackJD - $100 Received
    Rabbit74 - $100 Received
    SkippyJack - $100 Received
    Bozemaniac - $50 Received
    Grizzled_Jack - $50 Received
    bigticket1 - $50 Received
    BlueseatJack - $50 Received
    MaddogJack - $60 Received
    EQguy - $100 Received
    SiouxFallsJack - $50 Received
    SDSU16 - $50 Received
    atilla5 - $50 Received
    BKXD - $100 Received
    goon (and family) - $90 Received
    sdjackfan40 - $50 Received
    slosho - $50 Received
    WestSideRabbit - $20 Received
    TransAmBison - $50 Received
    RabbitinTea - $25 Received
    JackBBFan - $50 Received
    TK22867 - $50 Received
    Nidaros - $50 Received
    JackJD's Sons - $100 Received
    Walrus - $50 Received
    RabbitNation - $25

Total - $2600
    Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 02-28-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Montana...pm me your address.
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Over $1000! Wow. We have already exceeded my expectations!

I have cleared out my private messages so if you tried to send me a message and it didn't go through, try again.

Also, take a look at the list. If I am missing you or have incorrect info, please let me know. Think I kept it all straight, but want to be sure.

I have received several donations through Paypal already. I will update the list tomorrow or late tonight showing the donations I have recieved.

I want to keep this as transparent as possible.

Also, if anyone has an idea on how to get this money to Terry, feel free to offer suggestions. Maybe someone here knows Terry personally.

Thanks to all.

Jason

Comment

Terry responds quickly to emails at his Argus Leader account: tvandrovec@argusleader.com. I think maybe you could just contact him and tell him that his friends at sdsufans.com have a donation for the family. He responds quickly to emails to that account.

BTW: The latest update from Jessica Vandrovec is encouraging. Kailey is stable right now and the family has the piece of mind of being at a hospital that has all of the possible treatments they may need. They have not put her on the lung bypass machine, which is terrific news.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

wow, over $1000 that quick. Good people here. Nice job.

Comment

I need the following person to PM so I can link the paypal donation up with the SDSUfans handle.

Kelsey Kindopp

I have received your pledge, but don't know your handle.

Thanks.

Comment

JackJD's son works in a hospital connected to the children's hospital that Kailey is in. He is going to see if his son would be willing to give Terry our accumulated donation. Then it would be delivered in person.

That's Plan A.

Comment

Confirmed with son so it can be delivered as described by MontanaRabbit. One of my sons is at Abbott-Northwestern which is connected to Minneapolis Children's Hosp. and he's had some contact with Terry V since they arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Confirmed with son so it can be delivered as described by MontanaRabbit. One of my sons is at Abbott-Northwestern which is connected to Minneapolis Children's Hosp. and he's had some contact with Terry V since they arrived.
                    Excellent plan. I sent TV a message and first and foremost he is humbled and speechless. Grateful beyond words. I think he almost feels embarrassed to consider accepting the gift. If JackJDs son can deliver a check in person that would be ideal. Lets make it happen.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Excellent plan. I sent TV a message and first and foremost he is humbled and speechless. Grateful beyond words. I think he almost feels embarrassed to consider accepting the gift. If JackJDs son can deliver a check in person that would be ideal. Lets make it happen.
                      I think most people would feel the same as Terry does. We are north of $1800 now! Hoping we can get to $2000.

It's gonna happen. I have received many donations and several people have checks in the mail.

Comment

I have updated the donation post above with all pledges received and given. Please check to make sure your info is correct.

Also, I need Jacob Plovanic to PM. I received his donation through Paypal, but need to matchup with his SDSUFans handle.

Comment

Montana Rabbit hats off to you for taking this on, it is really great to see Jackrabbit nation taking care of one of its own.

Comment

PM sent...

Comment

Donation post has been updated with the current pledges and received pledges. Please check to make sure you info is correct.

I need Maxwell Johnson to PM me so I can matchup name to handle. Received the donation through Paypal.

Comment

Working...
                              X