Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDSU turned 130 Years old today and the importance of School Colors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU turned 130 Years old today and the importance of School Colors.

So This morning I couldn't help but correct an announcer (Andy) from 104.7 (SF) when he stated that the SDSU Wrestling mascot was all dressed up in SDSU's School colors wearing Blue and GOLD (he was talking about the Harlem Shake Video http://hot1047.com/sdsu-harlem-shake-video/ ). So I gave the Jacks#1FAN response. that he was indeed wrong that the colors were in fact YELLOW and blue (Thanks for the Quality Training, Sensei). I followed with a link to the Schools Alma Matter Yellow and Blue to further illustrate my point.

What followed was about an hour of on-air banter on the subject due to other Jacks piling it on him (thank you all for that).

His Apology: http://hot1047.com/think-you-know-yo...-probably-not/

Felt the publicity was worthy of a post.

Happy 132nd Birthday SDSU! May your colors never tarnish and always be warn with pride!
    Last edited by slosho; 02-22-2013, 06:28 AM.

Re: SDSU turned 130 Years old today and the importance of School Colors.

Wonder if he knew USD was vermillion and white before checking? Wonder if he knows Nebraska is scarlet and cream? He's right that the Packers are green and gold, but NDSU which looks about the same is green and yellow. Does he know that if there's justice in this world, North Dakota will revert to the Flickertails and re-adopt pink and green?

Comment

I'm missing something. I thought the accepted starting year for SDSU was 1881. Does that make us about 132?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I'm missing something. I thought the accepted starting year for SDSU was 1881. Does that make us about 132?
        Yes 132, My typo. There I fixed it! Perhaps you can fix the thread title?

Comment

Working...
        X