Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMKC to the WAC?

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    Right now their autobid is secure but if NMSU leaves they would need to add somebody. DI changed the rules, now all you need is seven fully DI members with a pulse and even if you go below seven there is still a two year waiver.
    I'm sure NMSU is already looking or has already been looking to move. Back to the Sun Belt or possibly the MWC?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
      I'm sure NMSU is already looking or has already been looking to move. Back to the Sun Belt or possibly the MWC?
      They are disparately trying, problem is the Sun Belt doesn't want their football team. Plus New Mexico doesn't want them in the MWC and UTEP doesn't want them in the CUSA.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        Hope that Summit looks to entice both Northern Colo, and UND from the Big Sky to Summit. Bringing both means that Summit could, of push comes to shove, create a separate football league. But I would prefer to see a Summit/MVFC 12 member conference, ala the CAA of 2008. Very beneficial to the Summit, stablizes baseball, creates a Summit football, and generally supports most sports. Even would add UNO/UND/Denver as a base to build a Summit Hockey league.
        UNC, with the addition of Denver, would now make more sense to invite to the league. Of course, like UND, depends on football membership. If the MVFC decides to expand, then these additions would be much easier. I, too, would preferr to stay MVFC and expand the league instead of creating a Summit football league. I highly doubt that a Summit hockey league would happen though.

Comment

Trigger the "NCC Plan!"

Invite UNC and UND.

Invite SCSU and Minnesota St-Mankato.

Hell, if the Valley implodes, invite Northern Iowa.

"RAMMING SPEED!"
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
            They are disparately trying, problem is the Sun Belt doesn't want their football team. Plus New Mexico doesn't want them in the MWC and UTEP doesn't want them in the CUSA.
            Only other option then would be the Big West, which they are a former member of. Then they would have to find a home for football, which isn't easy. I don't think independent football is going to work for them for too long. Not sure if they would even consider the Big Sky for everything or even if the Big Sky would consider them.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Trigger the "NCC Plan!"

Invite UNC and UND.

Invite SCSU and Minnesota St-Mankato.

Hell, if the Valley implodes, invite Northern Iowa.

"RAMMING SPEED!"
              This was the plan the whole time.

Comment

This was the plan the whole time.
                I can see Tom Douple, sitting back in his chair in his office in suburban Chicago, steepling his fingers, and muttering "All is proceeding as I have foreseen!"
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Next thing he has to do is move the offices to Sioux Falls.

Comment

*snort*
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I wonder if the old NCC suite is still available at the Ramkota.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        Idaho and NMSU have to be searching for options to get the H away from this sinking ship.
                        Idaho already found a new home in their old home. NMSU is probably going to get pulled under. Both are trying to do everything possible to keep their FBS teams, and it's going to cost them both a lot of money and they'll still likely fail.

Comment

Boy this move would make no sense to me. The only thing I can think of that would benefit UMKC is the BB tourney money. NCAA pays out based on bids and wins over a 6 year period. The conference should still get a good chunk of change from this, I think. Not sure if this is what is driving this decision or not. But if UMKC wants to leave, I would be all for it.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

TV tweets that the UMKC SID says to expect "some kind of release" in the next 24 hrs.

https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not sure what to make of this, but I just received an invite to the WAC.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                Blair Kirkhoff (KC Star sportswriter) on WHB Radio right now - - he says he's heard UMKC has received an invitation from the WAC, but hasn't heard if they have accepted it.

Update:
                                He's also speculating that NDSU and SDSU may wind up in the Valley, Evansville might go to the OVC (all this predicated on the assumption that Creighton goes to the Catholic Conference).
                                So what does everyone think the chances of NDSU and SDSU in the Valley?

If that does how many people would have predicted that in 2004?

Kinda fun to sit back and look at where we've been and what the future holds. Can't help but think it's very bright for both schools.

Both have shown to be competitive in football and men's basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X