Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh no, we've offended some Bison

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
    I didn't know we still had a women's basketball team.
    Based on our attendance a lot of people don't. Dehoff has killed the program.

Comment

Re: Ndsu @ wiu

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Eight basketball teams have represented the Summit in the NCAA tourney since we made the move up. FIVE of those have been from SDSU. I'll take that.....Sure our men's team will take a step back next year, but it won't be for long.
      I'm with NoVa on this. I don't concede that SDSU will take a step back next year. SDSU has four good recruits and two good redshirts coming online next season. The future looks very good.
      This space for lease.

Comment

My sympathy to the Bison. They apparently are the first team in the Summit this season to lose player time to injury. Not counting the time lost by Wolters, Prince and Horstman and a bunch of other players across the league, of course.
        This space for lease.

Comment

NDSU beat your team. NDSU beat a team by 26 that your team lost to. NDSU has finished higher in every men's sport in the last year except bball. NDSU is currently ahead in the standings in that sport. NDSU has beaten SDSU in 11 of the last 13 matchups. Buttfootball? Sorry, we aren't a one trick pony.
          What about Men X-country? I believe your first finisher was 20th and the Jacks were Summit League Champs!

Comment

NDSU is in first place. No sympathy required.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre_Jacks_Fan View Post
              What about Men X-country? I believe your first finisher was 20th and the Jacks were Summit League Champs!
              Tried to sneak one by, nice catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                I'm with NoVa on this. I don't concede that SDSU will take a step back next year. SDSU has four good recruits and two good redshirts coming online next season. The future looks very good.
                If we take notice of the redshirt situation, that is a very positive situation compared to not many years ago when it was difficult to remember anyone completing 4 year stints in the early transition. Most of the redshirts we had recently had been the injury redshirt. We certainly are not ready to say that there will not be much change with the team mechanics when Nate leaves. We can be ready to say that there will be successful mechanics evolve quickly. Remember that many of the great ballplayers have years of contributions rather than a one year presence. The Jackrabbits will compete with the bison after Nate. It may take a couple of players to fill the role, but I do not think the Jackrabbits will suffer the absence in the tournament the bison suffered when Ben Woodside(a great player) graduated. The thing that most of the vocal bison do not notice is that the conference is not as weak as they may wish. They won a couple of other tournaments in another sport and they have no respect for qualities that are not their own. It is unfortunate that Taylor Braun has been injured and they may realize that he is more than just 1 of the 5 guys that takes the floor. There might be a tougher schedule than they can handle without this talented young man. Playing "angry" as some bison have characterized the game at UIPUI may not produce the wins talent brings.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  If we take notice of the redshirt situation, that is a very positive situation compared to not many years ago when it was difficult to remember anyone completing 4 year stints in the early transition. Most of the redshirts we had recently had been the injury redshirt. We certainly are not ready to say that there will not be much change with the team mechanics when Nate leaves. We can be ready to say that there will be successful mechanics evolve quickly. Remember that many of the great ballplayers have years of contributions rather than a one year presence. The Jackrabbits will compete with the bison after Nate. It may take a couple of players to fill the role, but I do not think the Jackrabbits will suffer the absence in the tournament the bison suffered when Ben Woodside(a great player) graduated. The thing that most of the vocal bison do not notice is that the conference is not as weak as they may wish. They won a couple of other tournaments in another sport and they have no respect for qualities that are not their own. It is unfortunate that Taylor Braun has been injured and they may realize that he is more than just 1 of the 5 guys that takes the floor. There might be a tougher schedule than they can handle without this talented young man. Playing "angry" as some bison have characterized the game at UIPUI may not produce the wins talent brings.
                  You know it is one thing if Braun is out but another player that is in our starting lineup had the flu(Kory Brown). Our backup pg Joel Lindberg had a preseason knee injury and thus had to redshirt so now we go into WIU with three guards(LA, Zastrow and Felt) and LA doesn't just have to handle the ball but he has to pick up the defensive slack for Brown because Zastrow and Felt are both kind of limited in what they can defensively. Plus Saul is throwing a starting lineup of players on the court who rarely play together. Considering the situation I'm not too upset about what happened.

Honestly who knows if we win that game with both players healthy, WIU isn't exactly some slouch. They've had our number, especially in their gym.

Comment

I can't imagine SDSU will fall off nearly as much after this season as NDSU did when Woodside graduated. After all, NDSU also lost the school's #2 & #7 all time scorers in that class. SDSU should be good again next year, but NDSU will clearly be the favorite to win the conference. I don't see how that is even debatable right now.

Comment

I can't imagine SDSU will fall off nearly as much after this season as NDSU did when Woodside graduated. After all, NDSU also lost the school's #2 & #7 all time scorers in that class. SDSU should be good again next year, but NDSU will clearly be the favorite to win the conference. I don't see how that is even debatable right now.
                      I agree, NDSU will be the preseason pick to win the SL.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I didn't know we still had a women's basketball team.
                        According to your attendance figures not many other ndsu fans were aware of that either.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

OK - I see what happened there. I hoped my 13 year old hadn't logged in and started a smack thread on my behalf, but I'm guilty as charged. I shall abstain from smacking the bison faithful for 5 days. Looking forward to next weekend in Frost. Perhaps we should postpone it until ndsu is completely healthy - they also may want the time to screen the officials for the game.

Comment

Talking about regular season titles or wins you have is like talking about that nice toy you have. They are nice to have and look at but aren't as important as say a conference tournament title. So they can talk about beating the Jacks in the regular season, when I will be laughing in March when the real games count.
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Let's finish this one first and then you can declare something non-debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                                OK - I see what happened there. I hoped my 13 year old hadn't logged in and started a smack thread on my behalf, but I'm guilty as charged. I shall abstain from smacking the bison faithful for 5 days. Looking forward to next weekend in Frost. Perhaps we should postpone it until ndsu is completely healthy - they also may want the time to screen the officials for the game.
                                That there is freaking hilarious! Well played.

Comment

Working...
                                X