Nebraska 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nebraska 2013

I'm thinking,this might help us if this all becomes a huge distraction to the players when they should be focused on preparing for the game.I saw a player kind of echo Bo's thoughts about fans,their drawing themselves "inward"or withdrawing inward rather....circling the wagons not good when a team lashes out on the fans who are their main support.If they do lose support of their fans,they'll have to play for themselves,because no one else will care.....sad,really sad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Granted poor choice of words. I been known to use them myself, so those with out sin can cast the first stone. He does have the problem of not using Dang gummit, like his boss used to do. Everyone remembers TB and his wholesome family image.

Why do they bring this stuff now? I dont think he is running for Governor or any other elective office.
      It has been a while since I jumped into the conversation. We live 30 minutes from Lincoln....Our family has been blessed to have been a part of the Jackrabbit football program for the past 5 seasons...we are coming up on 38 straight jackrabbit games....As I said last year on this board....Our coaches are not perfect but we all should be proud of the way Stig runs his program and and grateful for that influence he has on our sons and students at SDSU!!
      I hope we can all enjoy a great day in Lincoln....and let it not be about Bo........If you need a place to be with those in Blue and Gold....come to the Indian center on 11th and Military..it is a great tailgating spot...not in a concrete parking lot...you can park for $15 and be in trees and grass...It is only a 15 min walk to the stadium....I would like to meet you guys.....we will have a camper, a band from 11-1, food and drinks...a lot of Jacks fans!!! GO JACKS!!!!
      Jackolantern

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        This "scandal" involving what you could classify as a snitch could rally the Nebaska team and get behind their coach.
        Pelini said the words, not the "snitch" (aka source). Maybe it is a little underhanded, but I would bet the person who released this has been on the business end of a Pelini tirade more than once in the past. You reap what you sow, as my momma used to say.

Frankly, the article calling out the source is a joke piece of journalism.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Pelini said the words, not the "snitch" (aka source). Maybe it is a little underhanded, but I would bet the person who released this has been on the business end of a Pelini tirade more than once in the past. You reap what you sow, as my momma used to say.

Agree with all of this. If you don't think Pelini saying he couldn't wait to get out of there doesn't impact some of the players and a lot of the fans, I don't know what to tell you. If I were a Husker fan, I would be pissed. He was shopping for other jobs in 2011 and this just confirms how little he seems to want to be in Lincoln.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Releasing a secret recording 2 years later after a team loss for money is most definitely a snitch not a source. Release it when I happens with your name attached to it.

As far as the article, the journalist was right 100%.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Keeping the story alive: Columnist Steve Sippel in today's Lincoln Journal Star, lashing out as the person who provided the recording to DeadSpin:

http://journalstar.com/sports/column...ile_touch=true

I think it's impossible to predict how this dumpster fire is going to impact Saturday's game...or whether it will impact it very much. If the story stays alive through the week, all of us, Jackrabbits and Huskers, are going to be very tired.
              Common strategy when confronted with (insert embarrassing thing here, e.g. sexted photos of your junk; embarrassing political video; screaming fit about the fans who make your job possible): Ignore the content and attack the messenger.

Another one of my favorite reputation repair tactics, the "I distance myself from my own feelings" apology: "That being said, these comments are in no way indicative of my true feelings." Yeah, right.

Pelini is very lucky that those fans he hates so much have bought tickets and donated money so he can be a football coach. Given his obvious anger issues and lack of impulse control, he wouldn't last long in any normal context.

Thank goodness a good guy like Stig is our coach.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Common strategy when confronted with (insert embarrassing thing here, e.g. sexted photos of your junk; embarrassing political video; screaming fit about the fans who make your job possible): Ignore the content and attack the messenger.

Another one of my favorite reputation repair tactics, the "I distance myself from my own feelings" apology: "That being said, these comments are in no way indicative of my true feelings." Yeah, right.

Pelini is very lucky that those fans he hates so much have bought tickets and donated money so he can be a football coach. Given his obvious anger issues and lack of impulse control, he wouldn't last long in any normal context.

Agree with all of this too.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  Releasing a secret recording 2 years later after a team loss for money is most definitely a snitch not a source. Release it when I happens with your name attached to it.

As far as the article, the journalist was right 100%.
                  This was for money? I must have missed that. Can you link me to this or was it in the article posted earlier in the thread?

EDIT: Read the article. He implies it was a "tipster" who might have been paid by Deadspin. No evidence of that.

Additionally, the article is crap. Its a puff piece from a homer trying to spin the blame to someone else for Bo's idiotic behavior. Bo knew what he said and he meant it. Maybe he doesn't think that way now, but at the time, he sure as hell did. He gets everything he deserves from this. No other way around that.

Comment

You would think Bo Pelini took their lunch money

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

I'm more disappointed in the non-apology apology than in the rant that was secretly recorded. How can a grown man not own up and accept that he was being selfish and ignorant and made a fool of himself, the university he represents, the fans, and the alumni that pay his salary? The only explanation I can come up with is he doesn't realize he is a selfish and ignorant ass. When the coach starts to wag the tail of the university you end up with major problems. Ask Penn State or Indiana U.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I remember Chris Bosh criticizing the home fans for leaving early during game 6 of NBA Finals in the most PC way so lets not pretend that somebody has never criticized their fans before. This rant was after the 2011 Ohio State win where they completed the biggest comeback in school history. The fans went from booing at half to cheering at end of game.

Here is an article on why Bo Pelini is a man worth rooting for despite this "scandal"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...162005284.html

Comment

this could be the perfect storm, fans upset after the UCLA loss, now they are not big fans of their coach, if we do well you could just imagine the wheels are about to fall off down there. to bad they arent ranked still so if we do get the win we could have a win against a top 25 team.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

speaking of coaches, our own Stig has called out the fans before when he thought there werent enough in the stand or we didnt get into the game and cheer when was appropriate. he said it much more refined and during the post game interview before but its not uncommon for coaches to feel some at odds with fans, you love us when we win but boo us when we loose, i dont blame coaches for that feeling one bit.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Remember everyone is welcome. Alumni, Students, and Friends of SDSU. Join the biggest Jackrabbit party in Lincoln, NE!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                http://journalstar.com/sports/husker...6d9bed6fe.html

5 things to know about Jackrabbit football. An article not about Pelini.
                                Does anybody know if Schoff was hurt on Saturday during the SELA game? I don't think he played much as the game progressed and I noticed he was walking around the sidelines without a helmet.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X