Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    NDSU or USD? Can they BOTH lose tonight? I guess it is best if USD wins, but the thought of that also turns my stomach.

That goofy dome makes a winner hard to predict. I don't think you can count on NDSU's shooters getting hot from the outside like they did in the first half against us. Gruis and Bjorklund will have quite a battle underneath.
    I haven't looked at the specific stats but I'd bet a cold one that USD shoots a significantly greater percentage than there opponents at home, more so than most other teams do. I could easily be mistaken and that is no excuse. USD has a scrappy team with some talented and athletic young guys, Gruis with leadership and intensity in the middle, and a couple of JUCO transfers that have greatly improved their scoring ability and athleticism.

SDSU and NDSU are both going to be in a battle at the dome and if either team doesn't come out with intensity and a will to win USD will beat them. If the Jacks get zero offense out of Dykstra, White and the bench like they did in Fargo it will get ugly. Both White and Dykstra are liabilities on the defensive end and both turn it over way to much for wing/shooting players. Dykstra has greatly improved his rebounding as of late and will need to be a beast on the boards in all conference games. White just needs to show up mentally and let his talent shine. Best thing for this SDSU team is getting back on the court tonight.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-baske...ore-attention/ Is this a familiar story? The Jacks started this way last year. Western think they are for real as well!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-baske...ore-attention/ Is this a familiar story? The Jacks started this way last year. Western think they are for real as well!
        The Leathernecks will be a tough opponent for everyone in the Summit. But they aren't going to get much national recognition with an RPI of 158 , largely due to their strength of schedule being #342 out of 347.

Comment

Usd is obviously waiting to play sdsu. Ndsu is making usd look like aa jv high school team. Appaertly the fans new something to becasue they didn't show up and seems the team forgot to also.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Bison up 52-26 at the half.Good grief

Comment

USD is badddddddddd, they play zero defense and are to small to compete against us. They also play zone and we are eating that up. We are shooting some gross % from the field...21/26 for 81% from the field.

I know they are instate rival but you have nothing to worry about from them.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                USD is badddddddddd, they play zero defense and are to small to compete against us. They also play zone and we are eating that up. We are shooting some gross % from the field...21/26 for 81% from the field.

I know they are instate rival but you have nothing to worry about from them.
                No offense but I bet when they play us they give a bit more of an effort.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  No offense but I bet when they play us they give a bit more of an effort.
                  None taken and fully expect them to, but you guys will still be significantly better.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                    None taken and fully expect them to, but you guys will still be significantly better.
                    I sure hope so. If we play like we did against unm we win easy or if we play like we do against und we lose aclose one against them again like last year.

Comment

It appears that Oakland can score lots of points to outscore the Omaha men 91-79 in front of 2015. Coyotes found 1741 fans to witness their game unless it was bison fans on the way to Texas. Kansas City had 1046 attend the Jacks game.
                      Outside of the Jacks women, the small crowds saw the Omaha women go on the road and handle Oakland by 18 and holding 2nd place in the conference. yotes win big at Fargo in front of less than 300. Sunday would be a good day for the yotes to slip a notch in the conference.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The Omaha women certainly seem to have shown up in the Summit ready to play. They are making the loss of ORU a little less harmful to the RPI.

1700 fans at the USD/NDSU game? Wow. Will they have a legitimate 4,000 at the game on Saturday?

Comment

This was a rematch between WIU and SAV. They played in November and Savannah won 39-38! Those two teams should not be allowed on the same court, ever.
                          That is almost unbelievable.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I would like to go to the game, but will the seats be good vision for the court? I am not a dome veteran to know how the seating might be. The afternoon game would make for easier travel.
                            The Omaha women certainly seem to have shown up in the Summit ready to play. They are making the loss of ORU a little less harmful to the RPI.

1700 fans at the USD/NDSU game? Wow. Will they have a legitimate 4,000 at the game on Saturday?

Comment

I would like to go to the game, but will the seats be good vision for the court? I am not a dome veteran to know how the seating might be. The afternoon game would make for easier travel.
                              Last year's SDSU section was in the corner, up in the football seats. I assume it is the same this year. We were well behind the basket and pretty far from the court (much worse than any seat in Frost). However, there were lots of empty seats closer to mid-court if you did not mind moving up even higher. That's what I plan to do this year. I'm guessing the crowd will be about 2/3 of what we saw last year based on the relative lack of hype.

Comment

Visitors section in section C, it is up in the FB seats behind the basket, terrible view of the game but convenient access to bathrooms and concession. Plenty of good seats available elsewhere in the dome if you want to get them. Of course, you'll likely be sitting by Coyote fans. We did that last year and it was a pleasant experience. Bringing the kids this year so the Jackrabbit section will suit us better. If it was just adults I'd get the best seats possible.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X