Summit League Regular Season Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Regular Season Conference

Of course the NDSU/SDSU matchup is early, but both of the Oakland and Western men and women teams will show where they might be early as well. The Omaha women play the UMKC(with a new head coach) runner-up from last years tourney and the Omaha women will illustrate how good the 8-2 OOC might be. The Omaha women also get the yotes with their new head coach's initial Summit game. I am ready for the conference to begin. Go Jacks.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

Men-IUPUI @ IPFW & OU @ Western
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Just looked at the womens RPI rankings and didn't realize until now just how bad the rest of the Summit is. If you take out the Jacks,the rest of the league has a 30 win,50 loss record. The only other team with a winning record is UNO at 6-2,but their strength of schedule is 333rd out of 345. Our old friends at ORU are 2-6,but their RPI is 135 because of a really tough schedule. Jacks RPI is 71,WIU is 148, IUPUI is 166 and the rest of the Summit is 213 or lower.

Comment

Unfortunately, playing the Summit, especially on the women's side will pull Jacks RPI down. Hope to see a 15-1 or 16-0 Summit League record this season for the ladies. Best WBB team since 2008-09.

Comment

Wiu 31 ou 27 halftime

Comment

IUPUI & Western post wins. WUI 3-0.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              IUPUI & Western post wins. WUI 3-0.
              Seems like all the media and NDSU/SDSU fans think it will come down to one of us, and it very well could. But WIU is looking dang good this year, aside from that WTF loss to Savannah State. WIU plays Savannah State again on the 2nd, and I expect WIU to roll them. It's still early of course, but I think the #1 seed for the tourney is looking more and more important.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls View Post
                Seems like all the media and NDSU/SDSU fans think it will come down to one of us, and it very well could. But WIU is looking dang good this year, aside from that WTF loss to Savannah State. WIU plays Savannah State again on the 2nd, and I expect WIU to roll them. It's still early of course, but I think the #1 seed for the tourney is looking more and more important.
                I'm not sure why anyone would ever discount WIU in the Summit? I pretty much figured It'd be State and WIU in the conf. championship again. NDSU hasn't beaten anybody and once again have gotten off to a decent start, just in time for them to crumble again.....
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I think WIU was something like 13-15 from the field in the 2nd half. OU had foul trouble and their new transfer guard (Mondy?) played with illness and played like crap. Regardless, great win for WIU and will Ceola and the big guy (can't recall his name) they will contend for sure.

It will be a battle and wins on the road will be hard to come by just like they always are. The teams that play hard for 40 mins, rebound, and can consistently get stops on D will win out in the end.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

After what we saw in Sioux Falls last year, overlooking WIU would be crazy. Their strength of schedule has not been good, but they are taking care of business. WIU will be coming to Brookings on Saturday Feb 16. That's one game that I am definitely hoping to drive up to.

Comment

Road teams rule the women. IUPUI wins at end, Western handles Oakland. And Omaha wins inauguration game @ Kansas City. First game for both coaches in Summit.

Comment

Omaha's WBB team might be trouble this year. Not sure how good they are, objectively, but they've got a good record, and sometimes teams can feed off of success.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

just got back from the OU-WIU womens game. Western got off to a hot start and stayed hot the entire game 11-20 from three point. It was a game of runs with Western going up 12 and OU cutting it to one but timely baskets (threes) kept Western in front the entire game. Had three ladies make most of those with one hitting four. They used a lot of back door plays for easy buckets and because of their size, 6'1,6'2,6'3 and weighty, scored a lot in the paint. Oakland was cold but did warm up finally making five threes and did score in the paint pretty well also. They started a small lineup and relied on Elena Popkey,9-18 and 3-5 22 points. She looks to be taking over for Waterworth who is out for the year. Zakiya Minnifee is wearing a knee brace after ACL surgery last year, but it didn't look to slow her down.
                          Overall I don't think Oakland will match up well with the Jacks. Lingle should control the inside. Western may be different. They have size can shoot and are physical. Jacks if they play well should handle them also but it'll be a fight.

Comment

http://www.omaha.com/article/2012122...712289879/1001

Comment

Good day for women hoops. Find out if Amy Williams can get her first Summit win against the unknown Omaha. Western to push Ft Wayne to bottom of league again and pull to the top of the league. Oakland could go to 0-2 as well?? It really will be best for the Jacks to handle the bison.

Comment

Working...
                              X