Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: caitlin duffy's first start as freshman for Colo.St

Default caitlin duffy's first start as freshman for Colo.St

Caitlin Duffy,former St Thomas More H.S.,playing in her first game (Colo St has played three,i thought they were going to red shirt her)scored 10 points in 21 min playing time vs Seattle, going 3-6 FG, 1-2 3pt FG, 3-7 FT.Not bad for a freshman playing her first ever game at the Div 1 level.

Default Re: caitlin duffy's first start as freshman for Colo.St

Caitlin Duffy was her teams leading scorer as a freshman,another good game for Caitlin,15 pts. on 5-8 fg/fga,1-1 on 3pt fg/3pt fga,4-5 ft/fta in 23 min playing time.

Not bad for a freshman early in the season.Rams played against Bowling Green,not a bad team.
    "striving to make SDSUFans.com a better place"

Caitlin Duffy is again the leading scorer for the Colorado State Rams in their instate rivalry with Pac 12 Colorado.She's becomming quit the freshman sensation for the Rams lately.Her stats for the game are quite impressive also,6-11 FG,2-4 from 3 pt line,and 5-5 from the FT line for 19 pts in team high 34 minutes of play.This is only her fifth game as a div 1 freshman,which makes it even more astounding IMHO.I don't think Colorado would be considered as weak competition,just for the naysayers.

I remember growing up with the State 'B' Tournament on TV (we only had two stations back then,kelo and ksoo,ch 11 and 13?)and seeing Caitlins relative(Dan her Dad?) play in the tournament every yr it seemed as the star player for Stanley County,so she's got good bloodlines.Another name, Alan Miller of Stickney,scoring machine,also seemed like his team made it to the tournament every yr.Macy Miller ,our recruit,is related to him,she's also got good bloodlines.Good Omen seeing Caitlin doing so well at Colorado State,i know it's Waaay too early to even mention Becky Hammons record book (She owns it for WBB at Colo St)but.......who knows???
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-05-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Duffy,8-17, 1-4,5-6 for 22 points and team leading scorer against CSU Bakersfield.She had three to's and 3 TO's the game before also.The game before she must have been pulled and sat on the bench for the TO's,i assume,she only played limited minutes and was 0-1 for fg's that game.This game, she has 3 to's and is allowed to play anyway i 'm guessing.She's just a freshman and she commits to's sometimes, like all freshman do.She's a good player.

Jackdaniel, my inclination is to close this thread as being uninteresting to the wider SDSUFans community.

Comments from that community are solicited.

My feeling is that regular updates regarding SD high school athletes who have chosen to attend other schools are not particularly germane to the purpose of this board. This could just be me, however, hence solicitation of comments.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    Jackdaniel, my inclination is to close this thread as being uninteresting to the wider SDSUFans community.

My feeling is that regular updates regarding SD high school athletes who have chosen to attend other schools are not particularly germane to the purpose of this board. This could just be me, however, hence solicitation of comments.
    OK,whatever you feel is appropiate,just thought some would find it interesting news,no harm intended.

I don't mind the updates. but then again I would have if it would have been Mike Miller (Not that he's a bad dude or anything, just that the SD media attention he got was nauseating to the point I didn't ever want to hear about him again ever.)

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post

I have to agree. Who is Caitlin Duffy and why should I care?

Quote Originally Posted by LakeJack View Post
    I have to agree. Who is Caitlin Duffy and why should I care?
    I am with LakeJack, but not at his Lake, a pun intended. This gal made her choice, and it was not SDSU, so not of interest to me.
    Hurrah for the Dana Dykhouse and T Denny Sanford. A new stadium we shall have.

I have no idea who Katlin Duffy is and don't care what her stats are either.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!