Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: caitlin duffy's first start as freshman for Colo.St

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    I'm confused as to why this is even an issue? I like hearing about how SD kids are doing...but even if I didn't, what the heck is the problem with this thread?
    Agree. I'm not exactly terribly interested in what this young lady does, but I have the choice to NOT click on the thread and read it. The thread is not derogatory and it not creating any conflict between members so I feel to see the issue. Just because no one was commenting does not exactly mean people weren't reading. I read a lot of stuff on here and rarely post.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      I'm confused as to why this is even an issue? I like hearing about how SD kids are doing...but even if I didn't, what the heck is the problem with this thread?
      There appears to be some degree of support for the continued updates.

Even moderators and board owners have attacks of (possibly unreasonable) irritability.

The reason I broached the topic of, er, topicality of this thread is because I was personally mildly irritated with it--which was an emotional reaction in opposition to my overall, desired stance of 'anything goes, in moderation anyway."

But it's only a mild irritation, because I personally have no interest. But then, there are lots of things I personally have little or no interest in, but others find interesting.

So, continue; carry on, no worries, life is good.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        There appears to be some degree of support for the continued updates.

Even moderators and board owners have attacks of (possibly unreasonable) irritability.

The reason I broached the topic of, er, topicality of this thread is because I was personally mildly irritated with it--which was an emotional reaction in opposition to my overall, desired stance of 'anything goes, in moderation anyway."

But it's only a mild irritation, because I personally have no interest. But then, there are lots of things I personally have little or no interest in, but others find interesting.

So, continue; carry on, no worries, life is good.
        One way to look at this thread is: To think of all the South Dakota young men and women who never get the chance to participate in Big 10, Big 12 or PAC 10 sports. Some or most probably have very little personal interest in pariticpating while a few are waiting for the telephone ring between now and signing days. Just hoping for that big chance. That is one of the benefits of moving up to D1, there not as many waiting on the telephone ring. The SDSU telephone did not ring for Catilin or if it did, you did not answer, or politely declined our offer.

Comment

I don't have a problem with it, but would rather just have a thread title South Dakotan's playing D-I basketball out of state, or something like that. I'm sure there are others, and rather then have 3-4 or whatever, just have it as a place where you can keep updated on how they are doing. I feel if its individuals it will come into either how great SDSU was for not offering them or how bad SDSU was for not offering.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I take back my post. Some high school buddies and I used to scan the Argus daily for news about Carroll Hardy and Bob Stransky. In case you dont know of whom I speak, its a 1950's thing. Carroll Hardy played high school at Sturgis and went to one of the big Colorado schools and then had a baseball career with the Cleveland Indians. Bob Stransky from Yankton played college football at Colorado and I dont think he made it to the NFL but was one of the super athletes to come out of Yankton High. So dont close the thread on account of me. Catlin is South Dakota news and since she is playing college ball, belongs in the College Category or whatever the venacular is. Jack Daniel since you seem to have some knowlege of this young lady, keep posting about Catlin
            Since Nidaros likes historical trivia, and I love thread drift, here is some interesting info from Wikipedia:

Most die-hard baseball fans know that Hardy has the honor of being the only player ever to pinch-hit for Ted Williams, but few people know that Hardy's pinch-hit resume goes well beyond this claim to trivia immortality. He then became the only player to pinch-hit for Carl Yastrzemski, Williams' replacement in left field. He also pinch hit for Roger Maris.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
              Since Nidaros likes historical trivia, and I love thread drift, here is some interesting info from Wikipedia:

Most die-hard baseball fans know that Hardy has the honor of being the only player ever to pinch-hit for Ted Williams, but few people know that Hardy's pinch-hit resume goes well beyond this claim to trivia immortality. He then became the only player to pinch-hit for Carl Yastrzemski, Williams' replacement in left field. He also pinch hit for Roger Maris.
              I lost tract of Hardy after high school. Did not know the above. In fact I did not know he played for Boston. I see wiki does not listed him playing for Yankees but seems like Maris came from the Red Sox.

Bob Stransky played one year for the Denver Broncos, but they dont mention his high school career at Yankton. These two were big talk of the Argus more than 50 years ago. Back Caitlin she apparently is a very good athlete, that we should not be afraid to talk about.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 12-17-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I lost tract of Hardy after high school. Did not know the above. In fact I did not know he played for Boston. I see wiki does not listed him playing for Yankees but seems like Maris came from the Red Sox.

Bob Stransky played one year for the Denver Broncos, but they dont mention his high school career at Yankton. These two were big talk of the Argus more than 50 years ago. Back Caitlin she apparently is a very good athlete, that we should not be afraid to talk about.
                Maris played for Cleveland and KC before the Yankees,and with the Cards at the end of his career but never played for the Red Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Maris played for Cleveland and KC before the Yankees,and with the Cards at the end of his career but never played for the Red Sox.
                  thanks

Comment

Since i now have re-newed permission to continue this thread,let me just say that the fabulous,amazing,soon to be "world reknowned",player extraordinaire Caitlin Duffy had somewhat of a sub par game this go around against our newest Summit member to be Denver.I embellished this post somewhat with superlatives so as to enhance your reading pleasure so you can fully appreciate this post.......enjoy....just kidding Filbert!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      Since i now have re-newed permission to continue this thread,let me just say that the fabulous,amazing,soon to be "world reknowned",player extraordinaire Caitlin Duffy had somewhat of a sub par game this go around against our newest Summit member to be Denver.I embellished this post somewhat with superlatives so as to enhance your reading pleasure so you can fully appreciate this post.......enjoy....just kidding Filbert!
                      Grumble grumble kids these days with their hula hoops and their loud rock music grumble grumble . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I nearly at a whole frozen pizza by myself tonight. Things like that will happen when your on-call and home alone for Christmas Eve eve.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I nearly at a whole frozen pizza by myself tonight. Things like that will happen when your on-call and home alone for Christmas Eve eve.
                          I. I could lecture you about your diet, but Merry Christmas and hope your holiday food improves.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            The sacrifices of a doctor on call isn't fully appreciated by those of us this Holiday season,unless we need a doctor,of course.Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your pizza....thanks for all the people who sacrifice their Holiday's so that the rest of us can enjoy them.Special thanks to members of the military,far from home , fighting for our freedom,away from their loved ones.

Comment

Working...
                            X