caitlin duffy's first start as freshman for Colo.St

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caitlin duffy's first start as freshman for Colo.St

Caitlin Duffy,former St Thomas More H.S.,playing in her first game (Colo St has played three,i thought they were going to red shirt her)scored 10 points in 21 min playing time vs Seattle, going 3-6 FG, 1-2 3pt FG, 3-7 FT.Not bad for a freshman playing her first ever game at the Div 1 level.

Re: caitlin duffy's first start as freshman for Colo.St

Caitlin Duffy was her teams leading scorer as a freshman,another good game for Caitlin,15 pts. on 5-8 fg/fga,1-1 on 3pt fg/3pt fga,4-5 ft/fta in 23 min playing time.

Not bad for a freshman early in the season.Rams played against Bowling Green,not a bad team.

Comment

Caitlin Duffy is again the leading scorer for the Colorado State Rams in their instate rivalry with Pac 12 Colorado.She's becomming quit the freshman sensation for the Rams lately.Her stats for the game are quite impressive also,6-11 FG,2-4 from 3 pt line,and 5-5 from the FT line for 19 pts in team high 34 minutes of play.This is only her fifth game as a div 1 freshman,which makes it even more astounding IMHO.I don't think Colorado would be considered as weak competition,just for the naysayers.

I remember growing up with the State 'B' Tournament on TV (we only had two stations back then,kelo and ksoo,ch 11 and 13?)and seeing Caitlins relative(Dan her Dad?) play in the tournament every yr it seemed as the star player for Stanley County,so she's got good bloodlines.Another name, Alan Miller of Stickney,scoring machine,also seemed like his team made it to the tournament every yr.Macy Miller ,our recruit,is related to him,she's also got good bloodlines.Good Omen seeing Caitlin doing so well at Colorado State,i know it's Waaay too early to even mention Becky Hammons record book (She owns it for WBB at Colo St)but.......who knows???
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-05-2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Duffy,8-17, 1-4,5-6 for 22 points and team leading scorer against CSU Bakersfield.She had three to's and 3 TO's the game before also.The game before she must have been pulled and sat on the bench for the TO's,i assume,she only played limited minutes and was 0-1 for fg's that game.This game, she has 3 to's and is allowed to play anyway i 'm guessing.She's just a freshman and she commits to's sometimes, like all freshman do.She's a good player.

Comment

Jackdaniel, my inclination is to close this thread as being uninteresting to the wider SDSUFans community.

Comments from that community are solicited.

My feeling is that regular updates regarding SD high school athletes who have chosen to attend other schools are not particularly germane to the purpose of this board. This could just be me, however, hence solicitation of comments.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Jackdaniel, my inclination is to close this thread as being uninteresting to the wider SDSUFans community.

My feeling is that regular updates regarding SD high school athletes who have chosen to attend other schools are not particularly germane to the purpose of this board. This could just be me, however, hence solicitation of comments.
            OK,whatever you feel is appropiate,just thought some would find it interesting news,no harm intended.

Comment

I don't mind the updates. but then again I would have if it would have been Mike Miller (Not that he's a bad dude or anything, just that the SD media attention he got was nauseating to the point I didn't ever want to hear about him again ever.)

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I have to agree. Who is Caitlin Duffy and why should I care?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                  I have to agree. Who is Caitlin Duffy and why should I care?
                  I am with LakeJack, but not at his Lake, a pun intended. This gal made her choice, and it was not SDSU, so not of interest to me.

Comment

I have no idea who Katlin Duffy is and don't care what her stats are either.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

College Athletics

(3 Viewing) If it ain't State--we're still interested, right?...evidently not....just close the thread Filbert,i get the message,and i really don't care if you do,if it bothers so many Jacks fans....I'll have to choose what i think might be of interest to people a lot more carefully i guess.I just don't understand all the fuss.Also there are plenty of people who live in SD who might be interested in these posts, especially Jacks fans from out west.But, i'll go with the consensus if you think it non condusive to peace and harmony.....j/k
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-16-2012, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I had no idea who Caitlin was, but now I'm interested. In my opinion, it fits the category of beyond SDSU and college athletics. Moreover, it is not offensive. Finally, while it would be fun to see her in blue, at least she isn't wearing Hammon's Russian red. Let it die a natural death when people get tired of reading and commenting about it.

p.s. I am a fan of Becky despite her playing for the Russians. I think it is fun to see the success of South Dakota kids no matter what venue.
                        Last edited by GopherHole; 12-16-2012, 11:44 PM. Reason: Added p.s.

Comment

I like hearing asout sd kids how they do. As slosho pointed out unless your mike miller and cody larson people back I sd won't hear about you. I find it odd that in many recruiting threads we say if someone doesn't shoose sdsu well good for them wasn't meant to be etc and go on to wish them well.....as long as we never hear about how they do else where. I say if someone want to ready post about college sports involving other sd kids seems like the perfect venue for it. All that said its filberts board his rules but I see no harm.

Simple solution if you don't want to read about how a player is doing just do read the thread. Just my .02 cents.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm confused as to why this is even an issue? I like hearing about how SD kids are doing...but even if I didn't, what the heck is the problem with this thread?
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              I'm confused as to why this is even an issue? I like hearing about how SD kids are doing...but even if I didn't, what the heck is the problem with this thread?
                              I take back my post. Some high school buddies and I used to scan the Argus daily for news about Carroll Hardy and Bob Stransky. In case you dont know of whom I speak, its a 1950's thing. Carroll Hardy played high school at Sturgis and went to one of the big Colorado schools and then had a baseball career with the Cleveland Indians. Bob Stransky from Yankton played college football at Colorado and I dont think he made it to the NFL but was one of the super athletes to come out of Yankton High. So dont close the thread on account of me. Catlin is South Dakota news and since she is playing college ball, belongs in the College Category or whatever the venacular is. Jack Daniel since you seem to have some knowlege of this young lady, keep posting about Catlin

It would not be any different if JackJD as a pre teen gave us a game by game report of Tom McGran, one of Watertowns best who went to play at the U of Minn. Tom was my age, he is now 71. But the point is we have had SD high school super stars who went on to bigger and better programs, and this has been going on for decades. After rethinking this it would not be any problem to post about Sammy, last name I do not recall, who is or just finished her career at Purdue. I am guessing, but there have been threads about this particular individual.

Comment

Working...
                              X