X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;n532987]
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

To stay away from Labor Day weekend ? Students likely gone by Saturday, and lots of people have stuff planned for the long weekend.[/QUOTE

i would guess you are correct. And people have plenty of time to take time off from work if needed. Ive already taken care of that. Wasnt excited about Western Oregon but looking forward to honoring the national champs and Coach Stig
    Or making a MACtion trial run

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post

Didn't even notice til I rechecked their schedule that Lindenwood has only nine games scheduled, all FCS. They were 7-3 in their transition year thanks to two of the weakest GLVC, plus an NAIA team to beat up on. Two Mid-America and two KU FBS games in out years. Their '22 team was pretty much the same as the '21 team that the Jacks destroyed, and Lindenwood took Murray State apart. Something for Eastern Indiana and WIU (who Lindenwood scheduled) to dismantle in football. Time to think of Summit football.
      I'm interested in learning if Lindenwood was ever approached about being first opponent this season

Comment

• How did I change Indiana State to Eastern Indiana in my Lindenwood post? Must have been a TIA or something.

Comment

• FYI -- the sideline assignments for the Target Field game on 9/16 have been changed. Initial announcement (bottom image below) had Jacks on "outfield" sideline (near first/second base & right/center field), but now Jacks will be on "third base" sideline (top image below) .

I emailed the Jacks Ticket Office to confirm Jacks' sideline will be on 3rd base side, and they indicated it was indeed changed recently.

New Sideline Arrangement.jpg

Old Sideline Arrangement.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by sdsurabbit View Post

According to fbsschedules.com we play at Oklahoma State in 2024

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/south-dakota-state/
            Bumping this link with 2024 schedule to end of thread.
            Is 2024 a year with a potential of 12 regular season games?
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

• Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post

Bumping this link with 2024 schedule to end of thread.
              Is 2024 a year with a potential of 12 regular season games?
              Merriam and Sell talked about it briefly during their segment on the pregame show (Illinois State 10.07.23 - 01:20:30 timestamp).
              Sell said '24 and '25 are 12 game schedules, and one more game needs to be "put together" for '24.

Comment

• Originally posted by peavy View Post

Merriam and Sell talked about it briefly during their segment on the pregame show (Illinois State 10.07.23 - 01:20:30 timestamp).
                Sell said '24 and '25 are 12 game schedules, and one more game needs to be "put together" for '24.
                Right now we have openings week 2 and 3 according to FBS schedules, my compiled list of MVFC games below. According to this Merriam/Sell interview you linked, they will be adding one more home game still - hope it's at least a D1 opponent. I would also really like to see us move week 10 Murray State to week 2 - they currently have an opening there too it seems. Not sure of the mechanics of that though. I really don't like such early-season bye weeks. Just seems like a massive waste...

Table notes - orange highlights are FBS - P5 games, green are FBS - G5 games, and blue are FCS OOC games. White cells are conference play (outside of yellow highlighting the SDSU games on opponent schedules). Murray State having two P5 games it sure something!
                Screenshot 2023-10-16 153217.png

Comment

• Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

Right now we have openings week 2 and 3 according to FBS schedules, my compiled list of MVFC games below. According to this Merriam/Sell interview you linked, they will be adding one more home game still - hope it's at least a D1 opponent. I would also really like to see us move week 10 Murray State to week 2 - they currently have an opening there too it seems. Not sure of the mechanics of that though. I really don't like such early-season bye weeks. Just seems like a massive waste...

Table notes - orange highlights are FBS - P5 games, green are FBS - G5 games, and blue are FCS OOC games. White cells are conference play (outside of yellow highlighting the SDSU games on opponent schedules). Murray State having two P5 games it sure something!
                  Screenshot 2023-10-16 153217.png
                  Surprised the addition of Augie on 9/14/23 hasn't received more press, although the Natty obviously takes precedence.

Comment

• https://x.com/gojacksfb/status/17372...AIRCYtyoYdFSFQ

I love the idea of Augie. Should be a sellout. UIW also will be big as well. Bye week right before conference play again too. Quite the schedule.

Comment

• Some might be annoyed, but I like the Augie game too. If you're stuck having a D2 game, you might as well make it one that will actually help fill the place.

Comment

• Wasn't Utah Tech scheduled for the 28th? I thought I read recently that one of the non-cons bought the game out. I assume Tech found an FBS opponent that will pay them double to get drilled that weekend. The buyout from Tech must be paying a nice fee to bring Augie in. I like that addition. It's a 12 game schedule with tough road games and a decent ICW coming to Brookings. Augie had a good year and we'll have a lot of new pieces so it probably won't be a gimme. It's a much more interesting game than say, Drake, in my opinion. And its probably not easy to add an opponent this late in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbjack View Post
                          Wasn't Utah Tech scheduled for the 28th? I thought I read recently that one of the non-cons bought the game out. I assume Tech found an FBS opponent that will pay them double to get drilled that weekend. The buyout from Tech must be paying a nice fee to bring Augie in. I like that addition. It's a 12 game schedule with tough road games and a decent ICW coming to Brookings. Augie had a good year and we'll have a lot of new pieces so it probably won't be a gimme. It's a much more interesting game than say, Drake, in my opinion. And its probably not easy to add an opponent this late in the game.
                          Their site still lists the Jacks on 9/28, so maybe they haven't checked their texts

Screenshot 2023-12-19 162415.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Some might be annoyed, but I like the Augie game too. If you're stuck having a D2 game, you might as well make it one that will actually help fill the place.
                            This was my thought this year with Western Oregon. I’m fine with a D2 game and look at them like how the FBS teams look at FCS games, but it is much better if we schedule teams from the NSIC for the local factor. Even a school like SMSU or MSU-Moorhead is preferable to a far away school like Western Oregon.

I love the Augie game though. Old NCC rivals and they have a very consistent program and just won the NSIC and a playoff game this season. Beating them should be worth more than beating Drake, St. Thomas or any other Pioneer team. It’s also a great opportunity for Augie to experience what it is like to play against a D1 program, and also great for the Sioux Falls area players on our team who probably have high school friends playing for Augie. Overall a great addition for the schedule and I would love to see us put someone like Northern or USF on the 2025 schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              https://x.com/gojacksfb/status/17372...AIRCYtyoYdFSFQ

I love the idea of Augie. Should be a sellout. UIW also will be big as well. Bye week right before conference play again too. Quite the schedule.
                              Not sure what Incarnate Word brings back next year but they have had a very good team for a couple years now. Those first two games with Oklahoma State and UIW will be a tough way to start the year with all of the new pieces we’ll have, but it will be a very good indicator for how the season will go. This is a great OOC slate.

Comment

• Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                                This was my thought this year with Western Oregon. I’m fine with a D2 game and look at them like how the FBS teams look at FCS games, but it is much better if we schedule teams from the NSIC for the local factor. Even a school like SMSU or MSU-Moorhead is preferable to a far away school like Western Oregon.

I love the Augie game though. Old NCC rivals and they have a very consistent program and just won the NSIC and a playoff game this season. Beating them should be worth more than beating Drake, St. Thomas or any other Pioneer team. It’s also a great opportunity for Augie to experience what it is like to play against a D1 program, and also great for the Sioux Falls area players on our team who probably have high school friends playing for Augie. Overall a great addition for the schedule and I would love to see us put someone like Northern or USF on the 2025 schedule.
                                I guess as long as they have a 12 game schedule, I can see D!! team on the schedule. If there is ever a 11 game schedule, I do not like that. I would rather play only 5 home games one year to have "real teams" come to Brookings to play the games. I am not in the administration so I do not know how much more money we make playing a DII, a Drake or somebody like that at home every year over traveling and having established teams come to Brookings every once in a while. I guess home games against Pioneer teams gets SDSU a home game, a DI win, and more money with the large attendance. I do think some people look down on playing DII teams and I do not know if the selection comittiee will count that against SDSU. I guess we have a rep so maybe that will overlook that if we are a bubble team.

Comment

Working...
                                X