X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sdsurabbit View Post

According to fbsschedules.com we play at Oklahoma State in 2024

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/south-dakota-state/
    I read a quote when this was announced that Nebraska played a role in getting this game scheduled for us, since they moved our scheduled 2024 game to a later date.

Comment

• How about 2023? I mean, we had two dates open until a few weeks ago. Do we have next years non-conference schedule filled yet? It seems like now is the time to be completing 2024 versus 2023.

On a different note, any chance the MVFC would move a conference game up to the beginning of the year so we could maybe get into a late season SEC money game? Not sure I would want that, but it would be nice to have the option if a team did want to.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
        How about 2023? I mean, we had two dates open until a few weeks ago. Do we have next years non-conference schedule filled yet? It seems like now is the time to be completing 2024 versus 2023.

On a different note, any chance the MVFC would move a conference game up to the beginning of the year so we could maybe get into a late season SEC money game? Not sure I would want that, but it would be nice to have the option if a team did want to.
        The game versus Drake was known much earlier than that. The move to Target Field was a more recent development.

Comment

How about 2023? I mean, we had two dates open until a few weeks ago. Do we have next years non-conference schedule filled yet? It seems like now is the time to be completing 2024 versus 2023.

After the way we got beat up injury wise last year in the Iowa game, I don't think that kind of game right before the playoffs would be very appealing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

After the way we got beat up injury wise last year in the Iowa game, I don't think that kind of game right before the playoffs would be very appealing.
            I agree completely. Just wondering if the MVFC has ever thought of having that week open for the entire conference. Use it as a bye week or make it a pay day game. Still not sure it is a good idea, but it is the off-season.

Comment

I agree completely. Just wondering if the MVFC has ever thought of having that week open for the entire conference. Use it as a bye week or make it a pay day game. Still not sure it is a good idea, but it is the off-season.

Having our by the last week of the season last year was really beneficial IMO.

Comment

• Looks like most SEC teams are playing their late season patsy Nov 4th to Nov 18th or so.

Comment

Looks like most SEC teams are playing their late season patsy Nov 4th to Nov 18th or so.
                  It'd be cool to play in SEC late fall, cool historic atmosphere, nicer weather, etc. However I do not see an SEC team scheduling us late in the season... and that's a compliment to the program we've become. They need a 99.9% chance of winning, not a 90-95% chance of winning (yeah, SDSU vs. Georgia/Alabama might be closer to 99% chance....)

Comment

• http://gojacks.com/news/2023/3/15/fo...ight-game.aspx

Opening night moved to Thursday 8/31

This seems like a questionable decision. I would think honoring the national championship would have been a prime opportunity to have a large crowd on a Saturday. I wonder what the rationale behind this would be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                      http://gojacks.com/news/2023/3/15/fo...ight-game.aspx

Opening night moved to Thursday 8/31

This seems like a questionable decision. I would think honoring the national championship would have been a prime opportunity to have a large crowd on a Saturday. I wonder what the rationale behind this would be?
                      To stay away from Labor Day weekend ? Students likely gone by Saturday, and lots of people have stuff planned for the long weekend.

Comment

• [QUOTE=bigticket1;n532986]

To stay away from Labor Day weekend ? Students likely gone by Saturday, and lots of people have stuff planned for the long weekend.[/QUOTE

i would guess you are correct. And people have plenty of time to take time off from work if needed. Ive already taken care of that. Wasnt excited about Western Oregon but looking forward to honoring the national champs and Coach Stig

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

To stay away from Labor Day weekend ? Students likely gone by Saturday, and lots of people have stuff planned for the long weekend.
                          I never thought of the long weekend. I'm guessing the Thursday game will help with student attendance and hurt the rest of the crowd? I just remember a few years ago when we had a Thursday night game, and I was a little disappointed with the crowd other than the student section.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I never thought of the long weekend. I'm guessing the Thursday game will help with student attendance and hurt the rest of the crowd? I just remember a few years ago when we had a Thursday night game, and I was a little disappointed with the crowd other than the student section.
                            Honoring Stig and the Natty should help.Hopefully all of the excitement from Frisco will carry over.

Comment

• I'll be there. I would rather have a game on Saturday, but understand that probably doesn't work for most people. Jacks on Thursday, maybe roadtrip to another game on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Having a DII opponent is disappointing. Let's get creative; have Wolves play Yellowjackets, and Jacks play Tommies. Saves everyone travel, except Tommies.

It'll be interesting to see who Lindenwood ends up playing.
                                Didn't even notice til I rechecked their schedule that Lindenwood has only nine games scheduled, all FCS. They were 7-3 in their transition year thanks to two of the weakest GLVC, plus an NAIA team to beat up on. Two Mid-America and two KU FBS games in out years. Their '22 team was pretty much the same as the '21 team that the Jacks destroyed, and Lindenwood took Murray State apart. Something for Eastern Indiana and WIU (who Lindenwood scheduled) to dismantle in football. Time to think of Summit football.

Comment

Working...
                                X