This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    Zimmer said NDSU played Butler there in 2019 and had 34,000. It would be nice to have a crowd around there.
    That contest featured a pregame concert. Shania Twain can miss a London concert for the Jacks, right?

This article gives some perspective on potential Jacks' net.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I know -- completely wishful thinking on my part.
      I'm sure everyone connected to Target Field is praying for no rain.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I'm sure everyone connected to Target Field is praying for no rain.
        I'm seeing video of it configured for soccer with a turf inlay over the infield, but they don't seem to do that for football, for some reason.

Comment

• I'm excited for the Target Field game! Would have been nice to have a more intriguing matchup though. I'm sure Montana State and their fans would have been thrilled to have the game in Minneapolis instead, but looks like the Twins have a home series against the Mets (then Rays right after) on that date. The 16th against Drake though has 2 days free before, and 4 days after, giving enough time for the grounds crew to perform some magic both ways.

Really intrigued for who else we're getting scheduled....

Comment

• Interesting article from the Pioneer Press back when the Tommies played here. TLDR- It takes 2 days to remove the pitchers mound, and 3 days to reinstall it. Goalposts are supported by a heavy metal plate instead of dug into the ground. Dirt stays, unlike when they play soccer there.

Comment

• Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
              Interesting article from the Pioneer Press back when the Tommies played here. TLDR- It takes 2 days to remove the pitchers mound, and 3 days to reinstall it. Goalposts are supported by a heavy metal plate instead of dug into the ground. Dirt stays, unlike when they play soccer there.
              I'm curious about the rationale for not having the grass inlay on the 3rd base side, like they did for soccer.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'm curious about the rationale for not having the grass inlay on the 3rd base side, like they did for soccer.
                I'd imagine temporary natural-grass turf wouldn't be able to take the rigors of a football game and still be safe for players. Soccer is a much different sport played by much, much smaller humans. Raiders used to regularly play on dirt too, and they had plenty of money to invest in more permanent alternate solutions.

Comment

• When I was in high school we regularly played on dirt. It was dirty
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

• Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                    When I was in high school we regularly played on dirt. It was dirty
                    Would Joe Dirt pronounce that "deer-tay-ay"?

Comment

• 6th home game for 2023 season appears to have been filled out, according to schedule on GoJacks. First game of the season, September 2nd, Jackrabbits are hosting DII Western Oregon. They were 6-5 in 2022, losing to FCS Weber State 5-41.

Comment

• Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
                        6th home game for 2023 season appears to have been filled out, according to schedule on GoJacks. First game of the season, September 2nd, Jackrabbits are hosting DII Western Oregon. They were 6-5 in 2022, losing to FCS Weber State 5-41.
                        Having a DII opponent is disappointing. Let's get creative; have Wolves play Yellowjackets, and Jacks play Tommies. Saves everyone travel, except Tommies.

It'll be interesting to see who Lindenwood ends up playing.

Comment

• Playing Western Oregon is better than an open date, I guess.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Playing Western Oregon is better than an open date, I guess.
                            Reportedly interesting back story re. how Wolves went from initially being slated to play Vandals to playing Jacks.

Comment

• How did we end of having the open dates that we have in the 2023 schedule? Also, I remember reading we were supposed to play the Huskers in 2024. We are not on their schedule next year, I think because of a change in the BIG10 conference season or something. Have we replaced them them with someone yet?
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                How did we end of having the open dates that we have in the 2023 schedule? Also, I remember reading we were supposed to play the Huskers in 2024. We are not on their schedule next year, I think because of a change in the BIG10 conference season or something. Have we replaced them them with someone yet?
                                According to fbsschedules.com we play at Oklahoma State in 2024

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/south-dakota-state/

Comment

Working...
                                X