Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We could perhaps see things play out regionally. No flights and no frickin domed stadiums. NDSU and USD forced to play outdoors even at home...

Comment

• Sounds like some of our NebraskaJacks are pretty disappointed about not playing the Huskers this year.

Comment

• sports will wither and die the longer covid-19 dictates people stay away....time will tell if this statement will be true or false

Comment

• Seems like every single day now I hear of another FCS conference cancelling/postponing football this fall. CAA rumored to be next which is a big one. As a healthcare professional, I’m not sure the fall/winter will be any better from a pandemic standpoint so I don’t know if football will be viable in early 2021 if the fall doesn’t work. As a Jackrabbit alum and college sports fan, I don’t get how athletic depts will withstand the financial fallout from this time let alone the disruption in the lives of these student athletes and their dreams and future plans.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
            Seems like every single day now I hear of another FCS conference cancelling/postponing football this fall. CAA rumored to be next which is a big one. As a healthcare professional, I’m not sure the fall/winter will be any better from a pandemic standpoint so I don’t know if football will be viable in early 2021 if the fall doesn’t work. As a Jackrabbit alum and college sports fan, I don’t get how athletic depts will withstand the financial fallout from this time let alone the disruption in the lives of these student athletes and their dreams and future plans.
            If you bought a season ticket, they got that money to live on. I don't expect refund checks from SDSU Athletics, A big.key, and since you, mentioned you were a healthcare professional, is a vaccine. If the Russians are allegedly hacking, then we are getting close to coming up with something that may work. It can't be fun to have to sit in the ticket office and field telephone calls from angry fans, but its a job for someone. No doubt it will be interesting the months to come. The only good thing about the COVID virus is that we shut done this fast moving country and now in getting back together we look at what we have been doing and wonder is there a better way!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

If you bought a season ticket, they got that money to live on.
              I'd be curious how many other season ticket buyers would agree. Compromise could be to offer Priority Point bonus if folks purchasing 2020 season tickets would allow amount paid for tickets to be converted to 2021 Jackrabbit Club donations. Then folks could pay for the actual tickets whenever season resumes and Athletics would have funding for scholarships and context on 2020-2021 budget deficits.

Comment

• I like the Jackrabbit Club donation idea. Maybe a gift card for a bottle of J Lohr Cab from the liquor store?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  I like the Jackrabbit Club donation idea. Maybe a gift card for a bottle of J Lohr Cab from the liquor store?
                  I'd be more apt to favor certificates for socially-distanced scoops of SDSU ice cream

Maybe combine the two into "cab floats"?

Comment

• My understanding is that if season is cancelled, no refunds or messing with priority points, but they will apply this year’s purchase towards next years season tickets. There is a point where a negative cash flow will occur, where the tax payer money will be involved in some form. Either a grant or a loan. Continued donations are essential, in order to prevent this cash deficit.

Comment

• Having the CAA cancel their 2020 season is an awfully big domino to fall for the FCS season. James Madison and Villanova were both projected to be top 10 teams. If there's a season, there will be an asterisks for the champion.

But wait, there's more to this story...

While the CAA has cancelled fall conference competitions, not all schools have confirmed that they're ready to cancel their season. James Madison reported Friday, after the CAA announcement that they're still exploring options. "we are currently looking at how to rebuild a schedule for the Fall season while following health and safety protocols and guidance." While JMU is exploring all options, I'd be interested to see if they'd be willing to take a chartered flight to Brookings on September 19th to play the Jackrabbits? If they are serious about not walking away from their season, they will need to look at safe venues to play. I'm also sure that Justin and the staff would have to do their due diligence to insure the safety of our team with bringing a school from the east coast to Brookings.

I just want to confirm that this is not necessarily in the works, just my curiosity at work.

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                        Having the CAA cancel their 2020 season is an awfully big domino to fall for the FCS season. James Madison and Villanova were both projected to be top 10 teams. If there's a season, there will be an asterisks for the champion.

But wait, there's more to this story...

While the CAA has cancelled fall conference competitions, not all schools have confirmed that they're ready to cancel their season. James Madison reported Friday, after the CAA announcement that they're still exploring options. "we are currently looking at how to rebuild a schedule for the Fall season while following health and safety protocols and guidance." While JMU is exploring all options, I'd be interested to see if they'd be willing to take a chartered flight to Brookings on September 19th to play the Jackrabbits? If they are serious about not walking away from their season, they will need to look at safe venues to play. I'm also sure that Justin and the staff would have to do their due diligence to insure the safety of our team with bringing a school from the east coast to Brookings.

I just want to confirm that this is not necessarily in the works, just my curiosity at work.
                        That implies the ACC canceled non-conference games, as JMU is scheduled to play UNC on 9/19.

Let's really spice things up and assume that does happen. Rather than asking JMU to travel to Brookings, why not play at Target Field with no fans. Twins are in Chicago from 9/16-9/20, so site is theoretically available.

Comment

• Why would they play in Target Field with no fans? What is the incentive for SDSU or Minnesota Twins to do that. Someone has to pay to use/ set up Target Field. It would make more sense if this hypothetical game was played in the Twin Cities to find a local HS or college football field to rent. Personally, I would not be in-favor of this at all.
                          We...ARE...STATE!
                          SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                            Why would they play in Target Field with no fans? What is the incentive for SDSU or Minnesota Twins to do that. Someone has to pay to use/ set up Target Field. It would make more sense if this hypothetical game was played in the Twin Cities to find a local HS or college football field to rent. Personally, I would not be in-favor of this at all.
                            The incentive would've been marketing for all three (SDSU, JMU, and the Twins/Target Field) on a site that's hosted D1 and DIII games. As for opting for a HS or college field, those would be less likely to have the infrastructure to support broadcast media.

You may have noticed I mentioned it being unlikely because JMU is scheduled to play the Tarheels on 9/19 anyway. My point was that it'd be more likely JMU would play there than traveling to Brookings.

Comment

• I zoomed in on Rabbit Round Up with Coach Stig. For the spring season practice begins on Jan 22. Most likely the first game will be away. The conference people are taking the possibility of bad weather into account. The home crowd at Dana will be 7500. That’s as much I recall.

Comment

• I received a call from the ticket office today. It appears to me that they plan to be very fair and flexible in dealing with the payments made for this fall season
                                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
                                X