This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

I did notice in the media guide that it looks like next year (2017) we do not play a BCS school?

Comment

Are we seriously set up to play an away game at non scholly Drake? Hope we got a low buy out for it.
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        Are we seriously set up to play an away game at non scholly Drake? Hope we got a low buy out for it.
        I noticed that as well. 2019 is a 12 game schedule, so we should still be able to schedule 6 home games even if we don't buy the Drake game out.

Comment

It's a D1 counter game. In the MVFC, you need as many counter games that are all but a guaranteed win as possible. Schedule them every year imo...even if it means going there.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I dont want to pull a montana school, I would rather we go. play and hopefully get an easy road win. return the favor for a team that was willing to come here to play.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I dont want to pull a montana school, I would rather we go. play and hopefully get an easy road win. return the favor for a team that was willing to come here to play.
              Came here to play twice to boot...the game at Drake is the last piece of a 2 for 1 we scheduled with them. I don't mind it at all...
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                Came here to play twice to boot...the game at Drake is the last piece of a 2 for 1 we scheduled with them. I don't mind it at all...
                exactly. Because we get montana state here after we go there and If they back out of the game, pretty sure a lot of people on here will be really ticked about it. I would like us to hold up our side of the deal and would like montana state to come here too. would be a great non conference game.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Aha, I see. Much like Baylor playing 3 non-conference games against Miss Levy's School for Girls to be sure they are bowl eligible. And I was looking at the MVC site and that is a pretty tough league, especially the top 3-4 teams. But that's how most conferences are. There are some Big 12-minus 2 folks who think Northern Iowa should be invited to join. They are only half in jest. Maybe we could trade Kansas or Iowa State for them.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    It's a D1 counter game. In the MVFC, you need as many counter games that are all but a guaranteed win as possible. Schedule them every year imo...even if it means going there.
                    Were a counter game for Minnesota as well, and the scholarship difference between the two schools is less. Doesn't mean Minnesota will ever schedule a game at SDSU. We should never be traveling to a Pioneer school. Ever. Period. Sorry, there is not reason for it.

Also, 2017 schedule doesn't look like anything I'm excited to watch, outside of the conference games. I know we want a cupcake before the conference schedule, but is anybody excited to shell out $ for Duquesne and freaking Drake? The only decent conference game is on the road, and Drake is a DIII team other than its name. Can we get one decent home opponent? Especially if we don't have a FBS game.

While I'm bitching and whining, are we doing anything about how screwed we get with our conference schedule? Playing every other year at UNI, NDSU, AND Illinois State? It's great for one year, but really hamstrings any hope for a seed every other year. UNI has been getting shafted with this as well, and I hope Sell has at least mentioned it to Patty V. We have almost the toughest schedule in the nation this year just because of that fact alone. It seems like something that shouldn't be that hard to fix, but maybe it is.
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Were a counter game for Minnesota as well, and the scholarship difference between the two schools is less. Doesn't mean Minnesota will ever schedule a game at SDSU. We should never be traveling to a Pioneer school. Ever. Period. Sorry, there is not reason for it.
                      Granted it's an in-state matchup, so that makes it a little different, but UNI did play at Drake a few years back. I'm sure they've done it a few times over the years, but I specifically remember one. Drake also has a very historic stadium, though it is historic for track purposes.... and sits pretty empty for football...

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        exactly. Because we get montana state here after we go there and If they back out of the game, pretty sure a lot of people on here will be really ticked about it. I would like us to hold up our side of the deal and would like montana state to come here too. would be a great non conference game.
                        Leon Costello just took the AD job there. They won't back out.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          Looking at the 2016 media guide, I saw some future schedules for the next 3 years. Not sure if this has been posted. No FBS game in 2017, winnable games against ISU and Minnesota in 2018-2019.

Sept. 2 DUQUESNE
                          Sept. 9 @ Montana State
                          Sept. 16 DRAKE
                          Sept. 23 OPEN
                          Sept. 30 @ Youngstown State
                          Oct. 7 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
                          Oct. 14 NORTHERN IOWA
                          Oct. 21 @ Missouri State
                          Oct. 28 @ Western Illinois
                          Nov. 4 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
                          Nov. 11 ILLINOIS STATE
                          Nov. 18 @ South Dakota

Sept. 1 @ Iowa State
                          Sept. 8 MONTANA STATE
                          Sept. 15 OPEN
                          Sept. 22 OPEN
                          Sept. 29 @ North Dakota State
                          Oct. 6 INDIANA STATE
                          Oct. 13 YOUNGSTOWN STATE
                          Oct. 20 @ Northern Iowa
                          Oct. 27 @ Illinois State
                          Nov. 3 MISSOURI STATE
                          Nov. 10 @ Southern Illinois
                          Nov. 17 SOUTH DAKOTA

Aug. 29 @ Minnesota
                          Sept. 7 OPEN
                          Sept. 14 @ Drake
                          Sept. 21 OPEN
                          Sept. 28 OPEN
                          Oct. 5 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
                          Oct. 12 @ Youngstown State
                          Oct. 19 @ Indiana State
                          Oct. 26 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
                          Nov. 2 @ Missouri State
                          Nov. 9 ILLINOIS STATE
                          Nov. 16 NORTHERN IOWA
                          Nov. 23 @ South Dakota
                          Pure Speculation here, but are we looking at a October 14 Hobo Day in 2017.
                          We...ARE...STATE!
                          SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

2017 football dates are now official. Opening up on a Thursday night August 31.

Apr. 22 – SPRING GAME
                            Aug. 31 – DUQUESNE [Dairy Drive]
                            Sept. 9 – at Montana State
                            Sept. 16 – DRAKE [Beef Bowl]
                            Sept. 30 – *at Youngstown State
                            Oct. 7 – *SOUTHERN ILLINOIS [Hall of Fame Game]
                            Oct. 14 – *NORTHERN IOWA [Hobo Day]
                            Oct. 21 – *at Missouri State
                            Oct. 28 – *at Western Illinois
                            Nov. 4 – *NORTH DAKOTA STATE [Dakota Marker Game]
                            Nov. 11 – *ILLINOIS STATE [Military Appreciation]
                            Nov. 18 – *at South Dakota
                            *Missouri Valley Football Conference game

Comment

Going to come out swinging with my first post on the site. There is no reason we cannot finish out this schedule undefeated (if we can stay healthy) Biggest toss up game is obviously the NDSU game, but I like that we are home. YSU loses quite a bit from last year, love having UNI at home for Hobo Days, and ISU-R at home has me feeling pretty confident. The USD game at the stink dome is a concern, but one that we should win.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_IL View Post
                                Going to come out swinging with my first post on the site. There is no reason we cannot finish out this schedule undefeated (if we can stay healthy) Biggest toss up game is obviously the NDSU game, but I like that we are home. YSU loses quite a bit from last year, love having UNI at home for Hobo Days, and ISU-R at home has me feeling pretty confident. The USD game at the stink dome is a concern, but one that we should win.
                                I agree, anything less than 9-2 and a seed would be a disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                                X