X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Jacks have announced a home and home with Montana State starting in 2017. Jacks make the trip there in 2017 while Montana State will come to Brookings in 2018.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210514090
    What is the buyout? Montana State did not go to Fargo and paid the buyout. Didn't Montana do it to us?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      What is the buyout? Montana State did not go to Fargo and paid the buyout. Didn't Montana do it to us?
      And they did it really late to NDSU! Kinda f'd them over to be honest. Montana St played a second FBS game that year if I recall correctly.

And yes Montana bought us out.

Comment

Here's an article from just a few months ago where the AD is still explaining himself:http://mtstandard.com/sports/college...a414cd11f.html

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Jacks have announced a home and home with Montana State starting in 2017. Jacks make the trip there in 2017 while Montana State will come to Brookings in 2018.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210514090
          good luck, I'll be shocked if they return, that's why they will not be on our schedule again
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Is there a big buyout for this game for them? If they back out I would rather us stick with teams that will follow through on it. Poly or davis or suu see like teams that hold their end of it. Unless we want them to buy it out and bring in a different team.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Is there a big buyout for this game for them? If they back out I would rather us stick with teams that will follow through on it. Poly or davis or suu see like teams that hold their end of it. Unless we want them to buy it out and bring in a different team.
              I think teams like SUU in particular do not have the funds to buy out. Seems like SUU played many years with 35 or so scholarships, but I agree both the California schools normally are good opponents, though Davis seems to have went south the last couple of years. Maybe the BSC is finally starting to take the Dakotas seriously.

Comment

Why in the world did we agree to travel the first game? If we are going to sign something like this with any of the Montana's, make them travel here and have a minimal buy out on our end. Why are we treating them like we are grateful they will agree to play us? The roles have changed, so lets act like it!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                  Why in the world did we agree to travel the first game? If we are going to sign something like this with any of the Montana's, make them travel here and have a minimal buy out on our end. Why are we treating them like we are grateful they will agree to play us? The roles have changed, so lets act like it!!
                  I agree in part, unless they have a large buy out and the admin is planning on that happening and plan to bring in a different game. I would rather us stick to teams to are willing to play both games.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Did Ash sign off on this knowing there's another Zenner in the fold? Perhaps someone can inform him and they can do the buyout now and give us time to schedule SUU, Poly, Davis or even Weber.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      I agree in part, unless they have a large buy out and the admin is planning on that happening and plan to bring in a different game. I would rather us stick to teams to are willing to play both games.
                      That's fine until they back out last minute leaving you reeling as you try to fill that slot in your schedule. It was stupid for us to agree to travel for the first game because it's not like they haven't done this before.

Comment

That's fine until they back out last minute leaving you reeling as you try to fill that slot in your schedule. It was stupid for us to agree to travel for the first game because it's not like they haven't done this before.
                        Oh I agree it would be better they come here first. I hope the admin learned their lessons from dealing with montana schools, unless they might actually follow through on it and both admins made a good connection after the playoff game.

Comment

Here we go again. I nominate you and the other posters who are screaming about this deal, be named the Official Football Scheduling Crew. Your expertise will assure everything will just be great. Wait, I just realized something: not a one of you actually know what the scheduling contract is (buyouts etc.). And I would guess you maybe have never thought about the fact of how difficult it is to get schedules to match (one team needs one more home game, and the other finds that attractive since they need another home game the next year), etc. I guess we will just wait and find out in 2017 whether this was a good move or not...until then I think I will just take a deep breath (and leave the scheduling decisions up to the department). Or, if you folks don't agree, we can just schedule Wisconsin-LaCrosse again instead of Montana State.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Here we go again. I nominate you and the other posters who are screaming about this deal, be named the Official Football Scheduling Crew. Your expertise will assure everything will just be great. Wait, I just realized something: not a one of you actually know what the scheduling contract is (buyouts etc.). And I would guess you maybe have never thought about the fact of how difficult it is to get schedules to match (one team needs one more home game, and the other finds that attractive since they need another home game the next year), etc. I guess we will just wait and find out in 2017 whether this was a good move or not...until then I think I will just take a deep breath (and leave the scheduling decisions up to the department). Or, if you folks don't agree, we can just schedule Wisconsin-LaCrosse again instead of Montana State.
                            Relax...it's a message board. Whenever someone doesn't toe the company line you freak out and basically say they don't know what the hell they are talking about. Different thoughts and opinions on message boards are a good thing...otherwise, what's the point?
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              Relax Alice! Perfectly reasonable to have some discussion around this topic especially with Montana schools propensity to not fulfill back ends of these contracts last minute and guess what then you end up with a D3 type game.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Relax Alice! Perfectly reasonable to have some discussion around this topic especially with Montana schools propensity to not fulfill back ends of these contracts last minute and guess what then you end up with a D3 type game.
                                I'm relaxed, I just don't care for comments like "what were they thinking about" denigrating the people who run the program and seem to have done very well by us in the scheduling in recent years IMO. Taking the position you don't agree with the decisions on scheduling is fine, but it would be nice if you really knew the whole story first. Or does somebody know how the contract reads and what the buyout amounts are, etc. I'd be interested to hear that information.

Comment

Working...
                                X