X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    It's another great early season opportunity to load up the minivan with non-traditional Jackrabbit fans to show them what the gameday atmosphere is like and get them on board as casual fans. I will be doing my damndest to get a couple vehicles full. It helps to have a 9 year old son who is passionate about sports and Jackrabbit football in particular. We always bring a couple of his friends and hopefully their dads start making the trip as well. That's four to six extra tickets per home game. Can't wait for the season to start.
    Nothing like a nine year-old to get things going. Good luck and enjoy the season.

Comment

Jacks/Gophers is going to be on Fox Sports 1 nationally. Going to be sweet taking an FBS scalp on national TV.

Comment

Have 2019 season tickets been mailed ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
          Have 2019 season tickets been mailed ?
          havent got mine yet.

Comment

Arrived 8/15 last year!

Comment

Called the ticket office yesterday, and they told me tickets would be mailed either today or early next week.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1220 View Post
                Called the ticket office yesterday, and they told me tickets would be mailed either today or early next week.
                According to the Jackrabbit Ticket Twitter account, football season tickets were mailed today.

Comment

off topic post but i saw a tweet today from USeD that every one of their 2019 games are going to be played in the Dome. thats some good scheduling, no away games. lol

David Herbster@dmherbste
                  r 14h

Myth Buster Alert
                  Rumors aside, EVERY single @SDCoyotesFB
                  game will be played in the DakotaDome in 2019!! Get your tickets now.
                  #WeAreSouthDakota

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    off topic post but i saw a tweet today from USeD that every one of their 2019 games are going to be played in the Dome. thats some good scheduling, no away games. lol

David Herbster@dmherbste
                    r 14h

Myth Buster Alert
                    Rumors aside, EVERY single @SDCoyotesFB
                    game will be played in the DakotaDome in 2019!! Get your tickets now.
                    #WeAreSouthDakota
                    I believe there was a rumor going around that they were going to play their D-Days game in SF.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      I believe there was a rumor going around that they were going to play their D-Days game in SF.
                      It would seem rather silly to play any game in Sioux Falls this year. They can actually fill the seats in their dome with their adjusted seating for this season. (Sorry if this is too smacky; I couldn't resist.)
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        According to the Jackrabbit Ticket Twitter account, football season tickets were mailed today.
                        Mine arrived today (but they only had to make the short jaunt down I-29 to Sioux Falls).

Comment

Just want to get up on a soapbox and complain about our OOC schedules for the next several years. Our non-FBS OOC between 2020 and 2022 consists of Dixie State twice( an LIU-style move up that we'll play in mid November next year), Butler twice, Delaware State (a really bad HBCU), and Cal Davis, which is a good opponent (or hopefully will still be a good opponent in 2022). We don't have a Big Sky team on the schedule again for the '20 and '21 season, which is disappointing. I also don't like the late Dixie State game, but I get it.

I understand that the desire to have 6 home games every year means buying some pretty bad OOC opponents, but it's just disappointing that we don't have an NAU/Montana/MSU/Southland/OVC team on the schedule for the next twould seasons.

I get the need for 6 home games, the need for FBS games, and the benefit of cupcakes, but what are people's thoughts on the following scheduling philosophy:

Even year: 1 FBS, 1 good FCS home game, 1 home cupcake (6 home games)
                          Odd year: 2 home cupcakes, 1 good road FCS game (6 home games, no FBS)

What I'm asking is, would you be willing to trade an FBS game every other year if it meant we always had a quality FCS team* on the schedule and could still maintain 6 home games? I'm not sure I would because I love the Power 5 games (and obviously they're financially beneficial), but I hate seeing an FCS OOC Schedule consisting of Dixie and Butler in the same season.

***I realize that getting good OOC games, especially played in Brookings, is tough. Scheduling is tough, so this is assuming a hypothetical scenario where we could actually get these games scheduled with regularity. Would you sacrifice an FBS game in odd years?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                            Just want to get up on a soapbox and complain about our OOC schedules for the next several years. Our non-FBS OOC between 2020 and 2022 consists of Dixie State twice( an LIU-style move up that we'll play in mid November next year), Butler twice, Delaware State (a really bad HBCU), and Cal Davis, which is a good opponent (or hopefully will still be a good opponent in 2022). We don't have a Big Sky team on the schedule again for the '20 and '21 season, which is disappointing. I also don't like the late Dixie State game, but I get it.

I understand that the desire to have 6 home games every year means buying some pretty bad OOC opponents, but it's just disappointing that we don't have an NAU/Montana/MSU/Southland/OVC team on the schedule for the next twould seasons.

I get the need for 6 home games, the need for FBS games, and the benefit of cupcakes, but what are people's thoughts on the following scheduling philosophy:

What I'm asking is, would you be willing to trade an FBS game every other year if it meant we always had a quality FCS team* on the schedule and could still maintain 6 home games? I'm not sure I would because I love the Power 5 games (and obviously they're financially beneficial), but I hate seeing an FCS OOC Schedule consisting of Dixie and Butler in the same season.

***I realize that getting good OOC games, especially played in Brookings, is tough. Scheduling is tough, so this is assuming a hypothetical scenario where we could actually get these games scheduled with regularity. Would you sacrifice an FBS game in odd years?
                            I would make that deal. I think getting a good home fcs school would help playoff seeding more then a loss to an fbs school.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

I like the idea of playing a good FCS home game but I don't see it happening.

Odd year: You will be paying both of your home cupcakes to come to Brookings to play since there will not be a return game. The good road FCS game will not be a money game. That will be the second half of the home and away contract. SDSU will not only lose their $400,000+ for their FBS game but they will have to pay two teams to come to Brookings. I would assume that at some point several other teams will be looking for home patsies to pad their record so they can make the playoff, too. That will make to two cupcake game cost more.

Even year: I do like this though. You get the FBS money game, a solid FCS team to come to Bookings and a home cupcake game.

If SDSU was a NDSU. Montana or something like that they could afford this but SDSU can't right now.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I would make that deal. I think getting a good home fcs school would help playoff seeding more then a loss to an fbs school.
                                We just better make sure you win that "good home FCS" game because its you lose that and the FBS game it won't give you much room for error. Of course, they would be quality losses for you were a bubble team.

Comment

Working...
                                X