This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Schedules

Making a request. I would like a sticky thread with the future FB schedules. Planning my call schedule and family vacations and I need to know what weekends are out due to Jackrabbit FB.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Future Schedules

Here is what I have

Aug 31 - OPEN
    Sep 7 - @ North Dakota
    Sep 14 - Southeastern Louisiana
    Sep 21 - @ Nebraska
    Sep 28 - North Dakota State
    Oct 5 - Southern Illinois
    Oct 12 - @ Western Illinois
    Oct 19 - @ Missouri State
    Oct 26 - Northern Iowa
    Nov 2 - OPEN
    Nov 9 - Indiana State
    Nov 16 - @ South Dakota
    Nov 23 - @ Youngstown State

Aug 30 - @ Missouri
    Sep 6 - Cal Poly
    Sep 13 - OPEN
    Sep 20 - OPEN
    Sep 27 - OPEN
    Oct 4 - @ Illinois State
    Oct 11 - Missouri State
    Oct 18 - @ Northern Iowa
    Oct 25 - Youngstown State
    Nov 1 - @ North Dakota State
    Nov 8 - @ Indiana State
    Nov 15 - Western Illinois
    Nov 22 - South Dakota

Sep 3 - @ Minnesota
    Sep 12 - OPEN
    Sep 19 - OPEN
    Sep 26 - OPEN
    Oct 3 - North Dakota State
    Oct 10 - Indiana State
    Oct 17 - @ Youngstown State
    Oct 24 - Northern Iowa
    Oct 31 - @ Missouri State
    Nov 7 - Illinois State
    Nov 14 - @ South Dakota
    Nov 21 - @ Western Illinois

Sep 1 - @ Iowa State

Aug 29 - @ Minnesota
    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

On another thread someone referred to "early Hobo Day" this year. Is it SIU on Oct 5th or UNI on Oct 26th? If its Oct 26th I wouldn't consider that early.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

So with Barry Alvarez's comments today regarding the B1G no longer scheduling FCS teams, does that mean we are looking at buyouts for the 2015 and 2019 Minnesota games?

Maybe ol' Barry was just speaking for Wisconsin, but it does make sense once Rutgers and Maryland join the fold.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          On another thread someone referred to "early Hobo Day" this year. Is it SIU on Oct 5th or UNI on Oct 26th? If its Oct 26th I wouldn't consider that early.
          It's October 5th.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Coach Stig makes it sound like a 6th home game next year is highly unlikely. There is an offer on the table to play AT Portland State. That would be 7 road games next year.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Man, that is frustrating if true. 7 away games? I hoped we had turned a corner regarding football scheduling but it seems like more of the same.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                Coach Stig makes it sound like a 6th home game next year is highly unlikely. There is an offer on the table to play AT Portland State. That would be 7 road games next year.
                Possibility of a return game? I'm not against 7 road games, if they bring in future home games. If its a guarantee might as well play a lesser FBS team like a MAC or a MWC opponent. Something that gets money, but isn't on the physical level of a Big10/12/SEC team

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  Possibility of a return game? I'm not against 7 road games, if they bring in future home games. If its a guarantee might as well play a lesser FBS team like a MAC or a MWC opponent. Something that gets money, but isn't on the physical level of a Big10/12/SEC team
                  That would be two FBS games. Won't happen.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Teams do not want to travel to Brookings, because it is hard to get to you can't fly into Brookings. Also they do not think their chances of winning are to good.

Comment

I dont care if we have to get cupcakes to come in or some bottom FCS in a 2fer1 deal, but we need more home games. If we have more then 11 games during the year I would rather us get home games. I think we should have enough go relationships with other programs so if we have to do a 1and 1 series thats fine, but not at the expense of having 7 road games and only 5 at home. I can imagine how tough it really is to peice together but I think that if we play 12 games we deserve 6home and 6 road. Im gonna get on my soap box again but if we want to make a new stadium worth building and profitting from having larger attendances, when we can, we need 6 home games.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This maybe isn't the best place for this thread since it's a sticky, but the mods can move it if they wish. If we're not going to get another home game next fall, which is better...seven road games or just sticking with six? Portland State is a game we should, in theory, win. Just interested in what feedback everybody has. I guess I'd be inclined to take the extra game, some money and/or a future return trip to Brookings (return trip would be preferred) and, with a little luck, the win.
                        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                          This maybe isn't the best place for this thread since it's a sticky, but the mods can move it if they wish. If we're not going to get another home game next fall, which is better...seven road games or just sticking with six? Portland State is a game we should, in theory, win. Just interested in what feedback everybody has. I guess I'd be inclined to take the extra game, some money and/or a future return trip to Brookings (return trip would be preferred) and, with a little luck, the win.
                          I thought the same thing until I looked up their schedule. They only won 3 games last year, but all of their losses were close except for Montana State. They blew out Cal Davis in their house. It's definitely not an easy game, especially considering it's probably going to be played Aug. 31. You know how well State does in early season games. But yes, it is a game SDSU should win.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            It's October 5th.
                            I believe BHS homecoming game is on the October 4.
                            We...ARE...STATE!
                            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                              I believe BHS homecoming game is on the October 4.
                              Great timing, I am a BHS alum but will not be coming home this year. I might invest in a 44 mile round trip to the Hobo Day game.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 02-14-2013, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X