X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    would love to get a home and home with UC Davis, SHSU, Kennesaw, heck maybe even Duquesne(I like those guys) to fill that 9/7 slot.
    I approve of this message. Anyone of the "good" crappy conference schools would be great.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Anyone have any news on a 12th game this year? Would have to think we are still looking for another home game. Have to wonder if the beat down on Arkansas pine bluff will make Justin sells job of finding teams to come here more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
        Anyone have any news on a 12th game this year? Would have to think we are still looking for another home game. Have to wonder if the beat down on Arkansas pine bluff will make Justin sells job of finding teams to come here more difficult.
        I don't believe Justin handles the details of scheduling but has a staff assistant doing this. Rob(last name I dont recall) Peterson Perhaps? the last one I talked to, handled this and maybe two years ago Rob told several of us at that, there are many FCS schools who do not want to come to Brookings, whether DJD has changed that I dont know. It just that so many east coast schools consider Brookings being off the beaten path. After all Brookings, no longer has a commercial airline serving the area. Of course there is SF and we are only an hour away. These folks don't know this. I dont think the beat down of APBU had much affect on anyone else except maybe the HBC colleges ane even the coach thought they should have put a better fight, and he said Stig should not apologize. APBU finished the season 2-9, so it was a rebuilding year for them.

At any rate getting that 12th game might be a task.

Comment

FYI: Rob Peterson is long gone from the staff. Matt Maher holds that position. Not sure if he is involved with scheduling or not. I would suspect scheduling falls to Marc Davis, and maybe in conjunction with Maher or somebody from the athletic administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            FYI: Rob Peterson is long gone from the staff. Matt Maher holds that position. Not sure if he is involved with scheduling or not. I would suspect scheduling falls to Marc Davis, and maybe in conjunction with Maher or somebody from the athletic administration.
            Yes I know Rob is long gone. I just looked at the Staff at gojacks, I don’t know anyone. Whomever. has this job, it will not easy to fill the twelfth game.

Comment

12-game schedules are nice if you get that extra home game, but that doesn't happen often. Looking back, we've only had three seasons with 12 regular season games - 2014 (including D3 Wisconsin-Oshkosh), 2013, and 2008.

The 2008 season is looking like the best schedule on paper. Six home games against all FCS schools, including 4 from MVFC plus McNeese and Cal Poly. One revenue game at Iowa State.

A 12th game may be nice for next year, but getting 16 days after playing Minnesota with a new starting QB may be a nice coaching opportunity.

Last year, no MVFC team played more than 11 regular season games. Moreover, a number of conference mates had to schedule lower level teams to get an 11-game schedule. Minnesota, Drake and Southern Utah is a good non-conference schedule. The bonus part is that traveling to Minneapolis and Des Moines to see non-conference games is easy to travel to and I suspect relatively affordable.

Comment

I received my "State" magazine today. It lists the following schedule for 2019.

Sept 7. Delaware State
                Sept. 21 Southern Utah
                Oct. 5 Southern Illinois
                Oct 26 NDSU
                Nov. 9 Illinois State
                No. 16 Northern Iowa

I don't think I knew about the Delaware State game. That must be our 12th game.

It must have been set some time ago to already be listed in print in a magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post

Sept 7. Delaware State
                  Sept. 21 Southern Utah
                  Oct. 5 Southern Illinois
                  Oct 26 NDSU
                  Nov. 9 Illinois State
                  No. 16 Northern Iowa

It must have been set some time ago to already be listed in print in a magazine.
                  Which game is hobo day? Nov 9th is my guess.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Oct. 5th.
                    https://twitter.com/HoboDay/status/1051212239171141634

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      October 5

Comment

Thanks. Crazy it's such an early game. Hope weather is good. Sure beats a Nov hobo day.

Comment

Sept 7. Delaware State
                          Sept. 21 Southern Utah
                          Oct. 5 Southern Illinois
                          Oct 26 NDSU
                          Nov. 9 Illinois State
                          No. 16 Northern Iowa

Has anyone been able to verify this? I'm sure it must be happening if it is in that magazine, but I can find nothing on either teams websites about the game. Would like to know the details such as if this is a home and home deal or are we paying them to just come here?

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                            Has anyone been able to verify this? I'm sure it must be happening if it is in that magazine, but I can find nothing on either teams websites about the game. Would like to know the details such as if this is a home and home deal or are we paying them to just come here?
                            It is on the ticket renewal package too.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              It is on the ticket renewal package too.
                              It looks like we had a little inflation.

Comment

Sept 7. Delaware State
                                Sept. 21 Southern Utah
                                Oct. 5 Southern Illinois
                                Oct 26 NDSU
                                Nov. 9 Illinois State
                                No. 16 Northern Iowa

Oh goody, a MEAC cellar dweller... Didn't we learn not to schedule bottom dwelling HBCU's after the Arkansas Pine Bluff debacle?

Comment

Working...
                                X