This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

As long as the Jacks are playing FCS teams at home, I'm fine with the schedule. Until fans start forking over much bigger donations, we can't ask for more than that. Also, to start next season, the Jacks will play an improved FBS Gophers' team. So SDSU's two new coordinators and new quarterback will be strongly tested from the get-go.
    This space for lease.

Comment

FCS counter game > 2 FBS games >>>>>>> non-D1

Playoffs! That is what it's about.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        FCS counter game > 2 FBS games >>>>>>> non-D1

Playoffs! That is what it's about.
        Correct -

FCS counter game > Arkansas Pine Bluff every year and we score 90+ each time > 2 FBS games >>>>>>> non-D1

Comment

#augie

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly, if our future non conference schedule consisted of 1 power 5 FBS, Augie, and a home/home with MSU/UM/SHSU type each year, I'd be fine with that. From a ticket sales perspective, Augie at home will out draw a UAPB, and honestly might out draw some of the others mentioned too. In years where we have a home game against a good FCS squad, we could play Augie on the road. When alot of our fans are coming from SF, we'd funtionally have 7 home games each year. Throw in the fact that in any given year, we will have a road game at both UNI and Fargo, or at both UND and USD. Suddenly, 8-9 of our 11 games are at home or within a 4 hour drive. That sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

Jacks paying Dixie State $200K to come to Brookings on Nov 14, 2020.

Their first season of FCS play will be 2020. They will be an FCS Independent. Interesting date for the game too.

https://fbschedules.com/dixie-state-...ure-schedules/

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Jacks paying Dixie State $200K to come to Brookings on Nov 14, 2020.

Their first season of FCS play will be 2020. They will be an FCS Independent. Interesting date for the game too.

https://fbschedules.com/dixie-state-...ure-schedules/
                I find it interesting that they will travel to Brookings to play one week and make $200K and the very next week they travel to Illinois State and make $85K.
                I'm sure there are some factors in the difference but that seems like a big difference to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  I find it interesting that they will travel to Brookings to play one week and make $200K and the very next week they travel to Illinois State and make $85K.
                  I'm sure there are some factors in the difference but that seems like a big difference to me.
                  It does not make sense based on miles traveled. St George Utah is about 1360 miles from Brookings and St George is about 1600 miles from Normal I’ll. About 300 more miles to ISU. I think in setting up a schedule, Dixie had a pick of several offers, and SDSU was more generous. The people scheduling at SDSU possibly did know about ISU low ball offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    It does not make sense based on miles traveled. St George Utah is about 1360 miles from Brookings and St George is about 1600 miles from Normal I’ll. About 300 more miles to ISU. I think in setting up a schedule, Dixie had a pick of several offers, and SDSU was more generous. The people scheduling at SDSU possibly did know about ISU low ball offer.
                    Or ISU locked in the weekend before SDSU got there. Dixie wanted a premium payment to play so far away from home on consecutive weekends.
                    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                      Or ISU locked in the weekend before SDSU got there. Dixie wanted a premium payment to play so far away from home on consecutive weekends.
                      I would think that budgets play a big part in what is offered. ISU pockets may not be that deep, and Dixie is kind of in a position where it takes whatever it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I would think that budgets play a big part in what is offered. ISU pockets may not be that deep, and Dixie is kind of in a position where it takes whatever it can get.
                        Very true.

A - never thought Dixie State would be in Utah
                        B - Traveling in late November could be the reason they asked for/got more money
                        C - Looks like a pretty empty schedule still

I would agree with you that SDSU probably over-offered based on ISU's offer. Bloomington does have it's own airport, might have helped traveling expenses there.
                        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Does anyone know how single game tickets for the bison game will work this year? Two years ago they didnt go on sale to the public until really close to the game. Is that going to be the same this year?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Does anyone know how single game tickets for the bison game will work this year? Two years ago they didnt go on sale to the public until really close to the game. Is that going to be the same this year?
                            Hope so. For those who will be interested in single game tickets, contact a season ticket holder. In the past, season ticket holders had an opportunity to purchase additional single tickets before they go on sale to the general public. I picked up several for friends.

Comment

Also for the ndsu game since we were former season ticket holders we were able to actually get tickets for the game one year before going to general public. I dont remember the details but something to that effect.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                Hope so. For those who will be interested in single game tickets, contact a season ticket holder. In the past, season ticket holders had an opportunity to purchase additional single tickets before they go on sale to the general public. I picked up several for friends.
                                Season ticket holders can do that again this year, but requests for extra tickets submitted after April 5 will be $10 more per ticket than requests submitted prior to April 5th deadline (at least according to the renewal form I got a couple weeks ago).

Comment

Working...
                                X