Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Future Schedules

Default Re: Future Schedules

Quote Originally Posted by 91jack View Post
    We just better make sure you win that "good home FCS" game because its you lose that and the FBS game it won't give you much room for error. Of course, they would be quality losses for you were a bubble team.
    If we cant beat a good OOC team at home consistently then it doesn't really matter as far as seeding goes. Its good to test your self but also give your self some games like drake or a cupcake too.

also I would be instead of a FBS, since we had an FBS game this year I don't mind our OOC games, but if we didn't have the gophers it would have been nice to get a consistently better program to come to Brookings, and I don't care if its a home and away contract say with Montana state to make that happen.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    If we cant beat a good OOC team at home consistently then it doesn't really matter as far as seeding goes. Its good to test your self but also give your self some games like drake or a cupcake too.

also I would be instead of a FBS, since we had an FBS game this year I don't mind our OOC games, but if we didn't have the gophers it would have been nice to get a consistently better program to come to Brookings, and I don't care if its a home and away contract say with Montana state to make that happen.
    Yes! I was going to go back and change it. I'd rather see the good home game than worry about losing it. I actually think we should have more of them instead of this many cupcake games. If we have one cupcake game a year (which is what we normally have for an 11 game season) that is enough or too many already. I'm almost in the camp that even if you only have 5 home games every 3 years or so, it's worth it to have good games at home.

This years home games would have been a Big Sky FCS team and a cupcake. That makes it only one home cupcake game. I can handle that. That would mean you have a good non-conference game at home. Of course, the only way we could schedule this game is because we had a 12 game season. We got two home games against Drake because we had a 12 game season so we could justify playing them on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 91jack View Post
    Yes! I was going to go back and change it. I'd rather see the good home game than worry about losing it. I actually think we should have more of them instead of this many cupcake games. If we have one cupcake game a year (which is what we normally have for an 11 game season) that is enough or too many already. I'm almost in the camp that even if you only have 5 home games every 3 years or so, it's worth it to have good games at home.

This years home games would have been a Big Sky FCS team and a cupcake. That makes it only one home cupcake game. I can handle that. That would mean you have a good non-conference game at home. Of course, the only way we could schedule this game is because we had a 12 game season. We got two home games against Drake because we had a 12 game season so we could justify playing them on the road.
    I am totally good with us going on the road to drake also. Honor the 2 for 1 year we had. It would have been a rather easy road win and I think its important to hold up our contracts with smaller schools like that. not just buy them out like many schools do. But since drake wanted to play in brookings apparently its hard to turn down another home game so that skews the OOC home games schedule.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

I dont think it is a matter of trading this opponent for that opponent. We lucky to get what we can. If we can get 6 home games more power to the scheduling staff. Our choices are often limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

Even year: 1 FBS, 1 good FCS home game, 1 home cupcake (6 home games)
    Odd year: 2 home cupcakes, 1 good road FCS game (6 home games, no FBS)
    My concern is how does this help our seeding at the end of the year? I understand the want to have better games to watch. However, if NDSU continues their run and the Jacks can't manage a #2 seed, it is all a bit moot in the long run.

Or, Stig needs to learn how to win on the road deep in the playoffs, that fixes things too.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Our margin for error in seeding is small with NDSU's consistent run. No problem with FBS on the road and two cupcakes at home before a tough conference schedule.