X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    What a blessing to have children, it often means sacrifice, something I now regret not being part of. Sixty years from now they will be there for you. The missed Minnesota game of 2019 will be very small in the the rear view mirror.
    Yep. I would consider the game on a Saturday. We went to the iowa state and the 2 Nebraska games. Hopefully a lot of sdsu fans can make the game.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      YES, a Thursday game........well wont plan on making that one either I guess. as long as its on TV.
      Would be cool if the Twins had a home game the day before and/or after.

Comment

I think State Fair will still be going, and there is Canterbury Downs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Looking at the 2016 media guide, I saw some future schedules for the next 3 years. Not sure if this has been posted. No FBS game in 2017, winnable games against ISU and Minnesota in 2018-2019.

Sept. 2 DUQUESNE
          Sept. 9 @ Montana State
          Sept. 16 DRAKE
          Sept. 23 OPEN
          Sept. 30 @ Youngstown State
          Oct. 7 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
          Oct. 14 NORTHERN IOWA
          Oct. 21 @ Missouri State
          Oct. 28 @ Western Illinois
          Nov. 4 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
          Nov. 11 ILLINOIS STATE
          Nov. 18 @ South Dakota

Sept. 1 @ Iowa State
          Sept. 8 MONTANA STATE
          Sept. 15 OPEN
          Sept. 22 OPEN
          Sept. 29 @ North Dakota State
          Oct. 6 INDIANA STATE
          Oct. 13 YOUNGSTOWN STATE
          Oct. 20 @ Northern Iowa
          Oct. 27 @ Illinois State
          Nov. 3 MISSOURI STATE
          Nov. 10 @ Southern Illinois
          Nov. 17 SOUTH DAKOTA

Aug. 29 @ Minnesota
          Sept. 7 OPEN
          Sept. 14 @ Drake
          Sept. 21 OPEN
          Sept. 28 OPEN
          Oct. 5 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
          Oct. 12 @ Youngstown State
          Oct. 19 @ Indiana State
          Oct. 26 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
          Nov. 2 @ Missouri State
          Nov. 9 ILLINOIS STATE
          Nov. 16 NORTHERN IOWA
          Nov. 23 @ South Dakota
          Just retweeting so it is easier to find. Do we have any updates on 2018 and 2019 games?
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I would think the 2018 and 2019 games could change by quite a bit since UND is going to be added to the conference slate.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              I would think the 2018 and 2019 games could change by quite a bit since UND is going to be added to the conference slate.
              UND doesn't join the MVFC until 2020. Joins the Summit only next year.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Just retweeting so it is easier to find. Do we have any updates on 2018 and 2019 games?
                W. Ill. is missing from the 2018 schedule. Did they announce the Jacks wouldn't play them next season?

Might they leave 9/28/19 open to only schedule 12 games?

Also, are Jacks prohibited from scheduling 'Yotes for Hobo Day in future?

Comment

With the valley having 10 team there is always a team we won't play for a 2 year span. This year and last year it's Indiana State. 2018 and 2019 its Western Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                    With the valley having 10 team there is always a team we won't play for a 2 year span. This year and last year it's Indiana State. 2018 and 2019 its Western Illinois
                    Hmm, I recall that being mentioned regarding the Sycamores, but I thought the 'necks were informally similar to the Bison and Panthers in that the Jacks would pretty much always schedule them (and that maybe ISU-R would be the other team that they'd alternate scheduling).

Thanks for teaching me something new.
                    Last edited by jakejc795; 10-12-2017, 05:26 AM.

Comment

I thought the B10 had a mandate against scheduling FCS schools....surprised to see Minnesota on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                        I thought the B10 had a mandate against scheduling FCS schools....surprised to see Minnesota on the schedule.
                        They ditched that about a month ago.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Moving to 11 in 2020, possibly 12. UND move is set. Murray St.'s addition to MVC/MVFC is still up for negotiation. YSU is the odd duck, in that they are in Horizon League for all other sports. The issue for the eastern schools was to skip more than 1 trip/year to Dakotas. So far that's working out. The only way to avoid that in future with 4 Dakotas, is to have the Dakotas play each other year, and rotate 2 teams off from the east. I'm feeling a Summit/MVC split coming, but I think either UNI or MoST will get put on the Summit side, rather than YSU. That puts most of the better rated teams the last 5 years on the western (or Summit) side of the MVFC.

Comment

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2018/06/j...-dakota-state/

"Last season, SDSU lost two regular season games. In both of those games, their opponent absolutely stuffed the running game. That forced Christion to have to throw to win and he was terribly inconsistent in that effort. That is the key, forcing Christion to beat you by himself. He gets inaccurate and will turn the ball over when forced to do so."

I feel this is at least somewhat accurate, But 1 man is not a team, and football is very much a team sport.

Comment

When will 2020’s conference schedule be released?
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                When will 2020’s conference schedule be released?
                                Not for a while. After the season in 2019 I believe. I know I always wait around to find out when the NDSU game is and it is always less than an year from when the season starts. Unless someone else can point us in another direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X