Augustana College vs. the University of Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augustana College vs. the University of Sioux Falls

The best football game I have seen in years. When they replay the game on midcosports, I highly recommend watching this instant classic.
    It sure is nice to be impartial sometimes at sporting events.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Re: Augustana College vs. the University of Sioux Falls

Northern State has a really good game yesterday too where they beat a Top 25 ranked team in St Cloud State on a last play of the game pass to win it. St Cloud scored to take the lead with 42 seconds left but Northern State blocked the PAT to make it 27-21. Went 64 yards in just 35 seconds after the kickoff to score the winning TD and PAT. Here is a video of the last play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XEfOT5kBfU&feature=share

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
      Northern State has a really good game yesterday too where they beat a Top 25 ranked team in St Cloud State on a last play of the game pass to win it. St Cloud scored to take the lead with 42 seconds left but Northern State blocked the PAT to make it 27-21. Went 64 yards in just 35 seconds after the kickoff to score the winning TD and PAT. Here is a video of the last play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XEfOT5kBfU&feature=share
      I imagine you can see this and all the D2 thrills over at D2football.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I imagine you can see this and all the D2 thrills over at D2football.com
        That, or he could put it in the College Athletics forum , considering it fits the criteria.

Comment

Nice catch by the NSU receiver with a couple of defenders providing interference.

Augie's loss to USF was the nightmare Augie hasn't wanted to face. For years USF has said they were capable of beating Augie. Augie is struggling this year and USF is having a very nice season, proving it belongs in DII and the NSIC.

Comment

Even since USF won the national title for the first time over a decade ago, I have been of the impression that USF would beat Augie. Augie has improved over the past 3 or 4 years but between the late 90's and about 2006 I think USF would have won nearly every time. At this point in time if USD and USF played at Howard Wood I would think it would be about a 50-50 game. If it came down to the last possession or two I would definately take the Cougars.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

USF is good and Augie has improved quite a bit in the past 5-7 years. USF has surprised me with their transition to D-II, because as many know they really knew how to utilize the NAIA rules when it came to recruitment, and I thought they would have more troubles when recruiting under NCAA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                USF is good and Augie has improved quite a bit in the past 5-7 years. USF has surprised me with their transition to D-II, because as many know they really knew how to utilize the NAIA rules when it came to recruitment, and I thought they would have more troubles when recruiting under NCAA rules.
                Me too, I expected USF to struggle badly this year. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain this level of play for multiple years.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                  Even since USF won the national title for the first time over a decade ago, I have been of the impression that USF would beat Augie. Augie has improved over the past 3 or 4 years but between the late 90's and about 2006 I think USF would have won nearly every time. At this point in time if USD and USF played at Howard Wood I would think it would be about a 50-50 game. If it came down to the last possession or two I would definately take the Cougars.
                  They were evenly matched except for Augie having a weakness in kicking the PAT(blocking schemes).Thats all it takes for one team to defeat another,when both are evenly matched,find their weakness and exploit that weakness.Hats off to the USF coaching staff for finding that weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    They were evenly matched except for Augie having a weakness in kicking the PAT(blocking schemes).Thats all it takes for one team to defeat another,when both are evenly matched,find their weakness and exploit that weakness.Hats off to the USF coaching staff for finding that weakness.
                    Ya, its not like USF beat them 54-0 or something like that.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I really like USF's #10 Jeremiah Oates - he brings a whole new level of athleticism and intensity to the field - I think he is ranked in the top 5 for Wide receivers in D2. Its a shame he is a Senior but the good news is that I hear he has a younger brother who is also at USF. I'm hoping that he shares the family traits, Oates is exciting and really gets great elevation over defenders to haul in catches that most others would miss.
                      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Biggest question is why wasn't this game on TV....why the schools/Midco went with a tape delay....not sure....do they only have one crew and it was set up over at Howard Wood?
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                        X