• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10/20 Pick 'em

Originally posted by witness View Post
    Because I think it's ridiculous. Shows you don't have faith in your team
    1. What does SMH mean?

2. It's not that I don't *hope* SDSU wins, I hope they do...I will not be rooting for a loss, believe you me, but until proven otherwise, history shows SDSU doesn't play well at UNI. I thought this before the season, and even given the records at this point, I saw no reason to change my mind.

3. Odds of running the table in the Valley are slim. Since 2000 only 3 conference winners were undefeated in conference play (2004 SIU, 2007 UNI and 2009 SIU). There is (most likely) gonna be a loss in there. (I'm predicting the UNI game.)

4. I'll save my faith in the team for winning in Fargo next month.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      1. What does SMH mean?2. It's not that I don't *hope* SDSU wins, I hope they do...I will not be rooting for a loss, believe you me, but until proven otherwise, history shows SDSU doesn't play well at UNI. I thought this before the season, and even given the records at this point, I saw no reason to change my mind.3. Odds of running the table in the Valley are slim. Since 2000 only 3 conference winners were undefeated in conference play (2004 SIU, 2007 UNI and 2009 SIU). There is (most likely) gonna be a loss in there. (I'm predicting the UNI game.)4. I'll save my faith in the team for winning in Fargo next month.
      1)SMH=Scratching My Head
      2)I said that you don't have faith in the team not that you don't have hope that the team can win
      3)The NDSU game will be a lot tougher to win than UNI, I still expect SDSU to win both.
      4)Never understood picking against your team unless it is strictly superstitious
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Because I think it's ridiculous. Shows you don't have faith in your team
        Which matters how? Does it mean he will cheer less? Does it mean that the players will play worse? No. WGAF?

1)SMH=Scratching My Head

Scratching
        my head????

smh dude.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Which matters how? Does it mean he will cheer less? Does it mean that the players will play worse? No. WGAF?Scratching my head????smh dude.
          My bad. I knew it was shaking too. And I think it's ridiculous that any person would pick against their team. Reminds of a bandwagon fan

Comment

My bad. I knew it was shaking too. And I think it's ridiculous that any person would pick against their team. Reminds of a bandwagon fan
            I'm a pretty hard person to offend, but I'll go ahead and take offense to the bandwagon fan comment.

If the SDSU passing game was firing...at all...I probably would've picked SDSU to win in Cedar Rapids...but it just hasn't so far this year, and I think this game it comes back to bite SDSU. I hope I'm wrong.

Let's agree to disagree and move on.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Whoa. We're just having a little fun in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                lol The thread seems to have taken a turn

Comment

And I think it's ridiculous that any person would pick against their team. Reminds of a bandwagon fan
                  Reminds me of someone being objective.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    Reminds me of someone being objective.
                    Ya if you are a journalist and writing/talking about sports, not a freaking fan

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    I'm a pretty hard person to offend, but I'll go ahead and take offense to the bandwagon fan comment.If the SDSU passing game was firing...at all...I probably would've picked SDSU to win in Cedar Rapids...but it just hasn't so far this year, and I think this game it comes back to bite SDSU. I hope I'm wrong.Let's agree to disagree and move on.
                    For one, I didn't call you a bandwagon fan at all. I said it reminds me of a bandwagon fan, because to be honest it does. I think that is what I didn't like most about fans picking against their own team

Originally posted by JackJD
                    Ya that's my fault. But after I saw one person pick UNI I was like WTH! Then another poster picked UNI I was like you have to being joking right!?! I mean the Jacks are what 5-1, and ranked 20th in the nation and we have fans picking against them against a team that is 1-5.

End of rant. Sorry for the rant guys, just really baffled my mind. As the late great Sam Walton(founder of Wal-Mart and Sam's Club) said, "“High expectations are the key to everything.”
                    I think everybody should watch 30 for 30 There's No Place Like Home. It is very, very good.
                    Last edited by witness; 10-17-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Witness: knock off the jerk behavior or risk having your time on this board curtailed.

Comment

What's the point of making picks if you are going to automatically pick any one team (including the one you are a fan of) no matter what the situation? I could pick the Jacks to win if they lined up against the 49'ers, but what difference would that make (other than making me look like an ingnorant homer)? A little objectivity is a good thing.

I think the Jacks can definitely win this weekend but I sure would not put any money on it. A win in which Sumner passes for 250+ yards (and zero interceptions) would go a long way towards getting me to truly buy in to the building hype. I hope we get it but I'm not going to predict it.

Comment

Southeast is right. So, let's ignore the departure from decorum by one poster and carry on as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Witness: knock off the jerk behavior or risk having your time on this board curtailed.
                            Jerk behavior? For what? For saying I thought it was ridiculous? To each its own. If I'm not mistaken I wasn't the only one. Southeast-I was talking about FCS teams and UNI is 1-5. There is a difference.

Comment

I don't think SDSU fans have some duty to always pick their team. If someone picks SDSU's opponent on a particular weekend, they shouldn't have to put up with another poster suggesting they are a "bandwagon fan" or that they remind the critical poster of a "bandwagon fan". Geez, like I posted above, let's lighten up and have a little fun in the pick 'em thread. Witness, in my book, you came on like a jerk. No need to be a jerk in a thread like this one. Or, here's a suggestion: start a thread listing all the games but telling everyone that they cannot pick against SDSU.

Comment

I side with Witness on this. Picking against the Jacks is dorky

Comment

Working...
                                X