Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri State-Beef Bowl

Oh the tradition! Oh the Beef!

Mo State rolls in 0-4. Backed in a corner and hungry for a win. I think the plan is roll in do business. DO NOT TAKE THE FOOT OFF THE THROAT UNTIL YOU ARE SURE IT'S DONE! Get Sumner and Z-rrific off the field. Sumner needs some good hand restin' time.

That being said
    Jacks 31-9
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: Missouri State-Beef Bowl

Is it saturday yet. I can not wait for this game. We better have 14k in the stands imo. Its not a big name team but its beef bowl and probably great weather and we have a chance to be 4-1. Fans better be excited for this.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Duck opener, fortunately the sunrises well ahead of 1 pm when tailgating begins. There should be a great crowd in attendance. SDSU needs to advertise and promote Zenner as the nations leading rusher and a player that is a "must see attraction". In addition, push the fact this defense is dominant in a way that is very fun for the fans to watch, i.e. they fly around the field and hit people hard.

Its going to be hard to concentrate on work (where I am now) while preparing for duck hunting and the Beef Bowl.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My wife and I will be missing our first home game in many years but we did the patriotic thing and made sure our four tickets will be used by Jackrabbit fans. I'd love to see this team against what I think will be a Missouri State team that will be gambling and trying to figure out something to win a game. It should be interesting. I'm predicting the passing game will emerge and I hope there's some real offensive fire power unleashed for a crowd which should exceed 15,000.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          SDSU needs to advertise and promote Zenner as the nations leading rusher and a player that is a "must see attraction". In addition, push the fact this defense is dominant in a way that is very fun for the fans to watch, i.e. they fly around the field and hit people hard.
          I'm with you a bit. But, that backfired so horribly on Ind State, it makes me nervous. But they should still do it.
          I'm also retracting my original score. I kind of disregarded Missouri State because they were 0-4. Well two were FBS teams(Louisville and KState, yikes!) and 2 were close games against fair FCS teams.
          It'll still be a win, but it should be close, 20-10 or something like that.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

(Stands in the parking lot with 3 fingers held up - Got 3!)

Jacks 17-13. The Bears need a win and won't go quietly into the night.

Comment

Jacks will come out fired up with a bye week ahead and momentum on their side. Sumner finds his range, Gandy compliments Zenner, and the defense does what it does. Jacks 31-6 over the winless Bears.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

It should be a fun game to watch. 35-7. There is always the upset factor like the Arizonia Cardinals, 2-0. Really messing up my family football pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  I'm with you a bit. But, that backfired so horribly on Ind State, it makes me nervous. But they should still do it.
                  I'm also retracting my original score. I kind of disregarded Missouri State because they were 0-4. Well two were FBS teams(Louisville and KState, yikes!) and 2 were close games against fair FCS teams.
                  It'll still be a win, but it should be close, 20-10 or something like that.
                  But you have to remember that Indiana State is still known more as a basketball school than a football school... It's going to take a lot of effort for the football team to garner the kind of excitement in the alumni and student body that we have at SDSU. Of course, the fact that we are one of the only games in town and don't have to compete with major-league sports in-state also helps.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

From the MVFC coaches call in show and TV's blog:

And, finally, SDSU hosts Missouri State, a game that will be available on Mediacom and ESPN3. The Bears are winless this season and in this series, while the Jackrabbits are back in the top 25 for the first time in two years. They got there by winning 3 of 4 to start the season despite playing three of four on the road.
                    “We addressed it early,” coach John Stiegelmeier said of the No. 25 ranking, “that that’s the result of hard work, but that’s all it is right now. It doesn’t mean anything.”
                    The Bears are 0-2 against FCS foes this season, dropping both games by one score. They also had respectable showing against ranked FBS clubs Kansas State and Louisville.
                    “We’re playing better defensively, there’s no question about that,” MSU coach Terry Allen said.

Also from TV's blog:

The SDSU football team – back in the Football Bowl Subdivision media poll for the first time in two calendar years – is favored by 18 this week against winless Missouri State based on the Sagarin Ratings. The line should be similar the next time out against Western Illinois, a contest that follows a bye week.
                    The Jackrabbits ticket office is anticipating a crowd in the range of 14,000 people Saturday for the Beef Bowl.

I think we can go over the 15,000 mark.

Comment

Weather report says sunny and 74 on Saturday with little wind. Should be a very large crowd.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Weather report says sunny and 74 on Saturday with little wind. Should be a very large crowd.
                        I sure hope the part about "little wind" holds.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Going to be a fantastic day at CAS! Great afternoon tailgate followed by a night game. BE THERE!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            I sure hope the part about "little wind" holds.
                            Going to be in the duck blind Sunday morning, so, hope for a lot of wind, some clouds and maybe a little rain after midnight Saturday. Looking like this could be a great weekend........

Comment

I'll make it a point to stop by the SDSU Alumni Tent before I head up to the Press Box.
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                              X