• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Performance center deadline

Donate / pledge now!

Comment

Gave what I could! However, Grad School is a bit expensive. I'm going to challenge all of my buddies that I tailgated with for years, to give a bit. It gets matched so its an easy way to double up!
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I am poor enough i dont have much i could give right now. Gettng season tickets is about all i am good for for now for SDSU, but would love to find away to give to the new stadium when that project is ready. unless i win the lottery, then i will pay for the whole damn thing if its enough. Coughlin alumni and Goon stadium does that have a ring too it? Goon field works too i guess. Any way thanks to those that are able to give what they can. Once we get our monies better situated I will be contributing what I can.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Gave what I could! However, Grad School is a bit expensive. I'm going to challenge all of my buddies that I tailgated with for years, to give a bit. It gets matched so its an easy way to double up!
          Gave what my wife let me! There was some negotiation. She thinks I spend enough on SDSU football.

I was one of the 36 donors other than Sanford Health and the two anonymous donors who gave earlier. My donation is a rain drop in a fifty-five gallon drum compared to the others considering $1.3M was raised. Whoever those other donors are, thank you! I hope some day I can give more. For now, I work to pay student loans.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Its almost kind of sad, on this forum, there are probably 50 people who post regularly, thats just one small group taht supports sdsu and countless other alumni, seems sad that of all the alumni, they could only find 39 to start with to raise the money so far. The amount raised is very impressive. I wish i could do some of that right now. I suspect many like me, are waiting for some other projects to dontate too. Besides the scholarship funds and other givings people currently give. Frankly half this board either could or should donate but we arent all yet. Thank you to those who have.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

The small number of donors listed reflects only those who have made a donation -- money in hand -- and does not reflect the large number of donors who have made pledges. That's how the number was explained at the meeting in Minneapolis last night.

I made a pledge like many others. I'm not sure how many have made pledges.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                The small number of donors listed reflects only those who have made a donation -- money in hand -- and does not reflect the large number of donors who have made pledges. That's how the number was explained at the meeting in Minneapolis last night.

I made a pledge like many others. I'm not sure how many have made pledges.
                So donantion is money in hand and pledge is money paid or gifted or time? Any idea how much has been pledged to go along with the donantions.

Comment

I don't know the answer to your questions on pledged money, Goon. I know that a lot of cards were sent out by the athletic department to former athletes. The cards included a section to make a pledge over a few years if that was one's preference.

Comment

I don't know the answer to your questions on pledged money, Goon. I know that a lot of cards were sent out by the athletic department to former athletes. The cards included a section to make a pledge over a few years if that was one's preference.
                    I guess I was just wondering if they are counted in seperate groups for number of givers and the amount of the gift.

Comment

Well, if that is the case about the pledges, I wasn't one of the 36 who gave! I made a 10-year pledge and paid my first year on that.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Its almost kind of sad, on this forum, there are probably 50 people who post regularly, thats just one small group taht supports sdsu and countless other alumni, seems sad that of all the alumni, they could only find 39 to start with to raise the money so far. The amount raised is very impressive. I wish i could do some of that right now. I suspect many like me, are waiting for some other projects to dontate too. Besides the scholarship funds and other givings people currently give. Frankly half this board either could or should donate but we arent all yet. Thank you to those who have.
                        Your day will come. Be patient, raising your son is no doubt a priority right now and should be. I think being here does plant a seed for the future. I remember sitting at football games in 1962 thru 65 and hearing over the PA, that there would be a coffee hour for alumni at the union immediately after the game. At the time: "I thought, Who in his right mind would waste time drinking coffee with a bunch old geezers". Well 50 years later here I am, and have tried to be as generous as my fix income will allow and very proud to be an alumni of SDSU. What few doors that opened for me have happened because of a piece paper from SDSU.

Comment

http://www.brookingsregister.com/v2_...=15631&page=76

Comment

From the article:

“We need to be clear to our alumni and friends: While this puts us well down the path to getting this project done, we’re not there yet. Our final hurdle is to generate support to equal this $5 million challenge match,” Sell added

Comment

Couldn't make it to the game yesterday - was there any buzz in the tailgate lot about who the anonymous donor might be ?

Comment

Below is the link to the BOR item requesting approval for the new facility. A lot of details if you are interested.

http://www.sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda...ommB/III_A.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X