Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Performance center deadline

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    I'm not outraged or anything, but you seriously don't raise eyebrows at renovating a brand new building?

I don't have a problem with it as you describe, as long as its not "now that we're in the building, we realize it really should have been done this way and we can bundle it with the big new facility" renovations. Renovating "offices" seems like it it could fit that scenario.

Renovating a brand new building seems like something an affluent and bored housewife would do. Not something a financially responsible state institution would do.
    The weight room and the athletic training rooms needed to be renovated. Those rooms were constructed (in Dykehouse Center) primarily for the Football team, since they were primary tenant. But w/ the new practice facility, that now has more teams as tenants (eg. Track Teams) the weight room and athletic training rooms needed to be expanded to handle the additional athletes training out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Not something a financially responsible state institution would do.
      This made me laugh. Think this statement would qualify as an oxymoron.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        The weight room and the athletic training rooms needed to be renovated. Those rooms were constructed (in Dykehouse Center) primarily for the Football team, since they were primary tenant. But w/ the new practice facility, that now has more teams as tenants (eg. Track Teams) the weight room and athletic training rooms needed to be expanded to handle the additional athletes training out there.
        Thanks for a more in depth explanation, this makes sense. It is probably a semantic problem in my brain. Renovation means something different than expansion when I read it.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

New Photos, 7/23/2014. Looks like exterior is nearly finished.

Comment

Are there any new pictures of the inside? Can the football team practice in the new facility on the turf if they have bad weather at this point and time?

Comment

If you have facebook, the best spot to look would be SDSU Football page.
              https://www.facebook.com/SDSUJacks.F.../photos_stream

It is not ready for any type of use at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Are there any new pictures of the inside? Can the football team practice in the new facility on the turf if they have bad weather at this point and time?
                FB won't get in until the track is done, 6-8 weeks I'm told. October is the best we can hope for. Took a walk through last week and all I can say is Wow! The new training room rivals FBS schools. Couple this with the new stadium and continued success on the field, we're going to start winning a lot of recruiting battles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  FB won't get in until the track is done, 6-8 weeks I'm told. October is the best we can hope for. Took a walk through last week and all I can say is Wow! The new training room rivals FBS schools. Couple this with the new stadium and continued success on the field, we're going to start winning a lot of recruiting battles.
                  Good timing as the end of October is when the weather starts to turn for the worse usually.

Comment

I was on campus last week and took a walk over to see the building. It certainly changes the "feel" of the place when you look to the north.

SDSU,fb.jpg

Edit: I'm not sure what happened to my photo. Hopefully you can see a larger version if you click on it.

Comment

Here is a picture from the baseball twitter account. Really look huge.

https://twitter.com/SDSU_Baseball

Comment

Pictures don't do it justice. Although it looks large on the outside, it is somewhat deceptive. Being inside you imagine that the outside would look 1 1/2-2 times larger. That said the conceptual drawings of the new stadium put the west grandstand at a similar height. That would make it 35-40 feet higher than the current one. Exciting times for our program.
                        Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                        Here is a picture from the baseball twitter account. Really look huge.

https://twitter.com/SDSU_Baseball

Comment

Here is a photo of the new hydrotherapy room in the SJAC.

https://twitter.com/SDSUFootball/sta...77701473861632
                          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Here is the newest picture of the SJAC
                            https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/s...16226412691456
                            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

different view showing some track lanes being painted with the blue and yellow checkerboard end zone in the background:

http://instagram.com/p/tlVCI6uzWr/

I'm assuming the track lines are yellow?

Comment

Most of the lines are down now
                                https://twitter.com/GoJacksTFXC/stat...43930677878785

Comment

Working...
                                X