Performance center deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance center deadline

I don't know about you but this Q&A doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence they'll get the money in time.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: Performance center deadline

I have been very interested in the deadline and if we were going to make it. I even made a contribution towards the 6 to 8 million.
    President Chicoine answers seem rather vague to say the least. Some one on campus knows how we are doing and they are not talking. The article in Saturday's Brookings Register plus what appeared in the Bum Game program implied they had met their goal. Its very confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I have been very interested in the deadline and if we were going to make it. I even made a contribution towards the 6 to 8 million.
      President Chicoine answers seem rather vague to say the least. Some one on campus knows how we are doing and they are not talking. The article in Saturday's Brookings Register plus what appeared in the Bum Game program implied they had met their goal. Its very confusing.
      I don't know where they are at , but the President is not going to upstage any planned announcements that may be coming by giving away the news in an interview of this type.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        I don't know about you but this Q&A doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence they'll get the money in time.http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1
        He says 'We will meet the milestones in front of us and get it to the legislature in January.'My impression it will be voted on in 3 weeks.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          I don't know about you but this Q&A doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence they'll get the money in time.http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1
          I think it's genius. If they say they are going to meet their goal, would people stop donating? Most likely. However, if they keep if vague and gives people the impression that there is a chance they might not meet the goal, it may persuade some donors that previously thought that they weren't going to donate but will now, or bring in some bigg donors. I would shocked if they didn't meet their goal.
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

After reading that,i'm just as optimistic as i was before.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              He says 'We will meet the milestones in front of us and get it to the legislature in January.'My impression it will be voted on in 3 weeks.
              I Re-read the Q&A, I get that impression too. Being a numbers freak, you like things quantified, and knowing Keith Melhum he is no doubt working his tail off as is Coach Stig and others. Maybe thats why our special teams have been neglected. Coach is out fund raising.

Comment

My understanding is the plan now is to build in 3 phases, so they can get it started ASAP, in case they don't have all the funds. They will finish as they have the money, it allows them to get going now.

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
                  My understanding is the plan now is to build in 3 phases, so they can get it started ASAP, in case they don't have all the funds. They will finish as they have the money, it allows them to get going now.
                  I believe the Bum Article or the Register or both was saying this which give more elbow room to raise the remaining money.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    I think it's genius. If they say they are going to meet their goal, would people stop donating? Most likely. However, if they keep if vague and gives people the impression that there is a chance they might not meet the goal, it may persuade some donors that previously thought that they weren't going to donate but will now, or bring in some bigg donors. I would shocked if they didn't meet their goal.
                    Good point. Guess I just wanted to hear "We got all the money we need". That would turn off the donation spigot pretty quick. In my head I was already thinking how am I going to come up with this 8 million, then I realized reality is a cruel bitch.
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
                      Similar to what I've been hearing -- we will be in front of the BOR in October. The request will be scaled in accordance with whatever dollars have been raised. I've heard we've hit the minimum goal. I've heard we're short of that goal. I've heard the bar has been raised, and that we'd like to hit $30 to $32 million, make it a 100-yard field and include all the amenities. I know that I'm not alone in being surprised that there really hasn't seemed to be a big push beyond the initial fundraising announcement and web site. Maybe the focus has been at the top of the donor list and just hasn't trickled down to our level yet. Has no impact on whether or not or how much or how little I give. It's just seems odd that as the deadline draws near, there hasn't appeared to be the big push that I and others expected.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Click on the link, scroll down, click on the online donation link. Do it today.

http://www.sdsufoundation.org/statel...ormance-center

http://www.sdsufoundation.org/iphpf
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                          Similar to what I've been hearing -- we will be in front of the BOR in October. The request will be scaled in accordance with whatever dollars have been raised. I've heard we've hit the minimum goal. I've heard we're short of that goal. I've heard the bar has been raised, and that we'd like to hit $30 to $32 million, make it a 100-yard field and include all the amenities. I know that I'm not alone in being surprised that there really hasn't seemed to be a big push beyond the initial fundraising announcement and web site. Maybe the focus has been at the top of the donor list and just hasn't trickled down to our level yet. Has no impact on whether or not or how much or how little I give. It's just seems odd that as the deadline draws near, there hasn't appeared to be the big push that I and others expected.
                          I think the bolded is exactly the truth. They had $8M to raise in a short amount of time. Much more effective/efficient to focus on potential large donations.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Attached plans http://www.sdbor.edu/theboard/commit...tee9142012.pdf appear to show a cost of 27.7 M for the base indoor facility, increasing to 33.4M if human performance center (connect indoor facility to Dykhouse Center) is added and increasing to 38.3 M if the seating is added.M
                            USD Fan

Comment

Like others have said, it's sure my impression that the regents will have something to vote on this fall. And the Q&A only enforces that feeling in my mind. Especially when there are comments along the line of discussing things such as the height of the roof and how much money is needed for various options and that there's some flexibility. I just hope that if we're shy of where we want to be on the money front that we don't build something less than what is wanted or needed. in that regard, building in phases sounds like it might be smart. We'll know soon enough, I guess.
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                              X