Jackrabbit Gameday Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit Gameday Experience

IMO the Ath Dept. has went out of it's way (not necessarily on purpose) to make the gameday expereince worse in most ways,

WE paid $250 for a spot in the back yard... and it's Gravel? Get Serious we could save money and be on Asphalt if we wanted that. Give us grass, hell We would have even preferred the dirt that is where half of the tailgating area used to be.

TREES! Who had their head up their you know what? they could have saved 80% of what was there (on the north) and had an overall improvement. Additionally, who planned this change. Seems like poor planning to be in the state it is in at this point in time (Football Season) and not Complete.

Why did they ever do away with the Pride March in... I mean this used to be an Event. It is in MN it is @NE and it IS @KS! We must be trendsetting! (or we're idiots... for doing away with this) LOTS of PPL come for the pride, and they SHOULD PLAY MORE! if you disagree well your in the minority.

Rule #1 for tailgating should be if it's not a problem don't make it one... if responsible adults can drink from bottels and dispose of them properly... keep the rule but don't Enforce it with those not causing a problem. I like good Beer.. Good beer doesn't come in cans for the most part. I also Drink less when I drink craft beer.

Rule #2 ask for suggestions, and implement change. ASAP, IF there is a desire for some improvement to the Experience. and it has little to no cost. Make the change,

To the point about the water. CAS used to have Fountains. They removed them. I'm 100% positive this violated a Code or 2. IF you care look into it and, or Raise a Stink.

The sad fact is (imo) the Ath Dept. Doesn't seem to Give a RA what you think unles you are a major Donor. They are all about the $$$ and really everything else is about priority #10. and that is the real impression I get. Ever talk to somone and they Agree with you 100% but then you know they were just doing that to appease you. Speak with one of the higher up's in the AD, IF you don't get that impression I'd be suprized.

As long as the #'s keep going up they are going to continue to operate this way. the only way to get the changes wanted would be to hurt their bottom line. and that would take alot of us commited to not purchasing Season tickets next year... but we all know that wont happen.

It's really analogous to the moving of the students in frost... The AD attitude recently has been. Make the change, they'll accept it as the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      The sad fact is (imo) the Ath Dept. Doesn't seem to Give a RA what you think unles you are a major Donor. They are all about the $$$ and really everything else is about priority #10. and that is the real impression I get. Ever talk to somone and they Agree with you 100% but then you know they were just doing that to appease you. Speak with one of the higher up's in the AD, IF you don't get that impression I'd be suprized.
      Major donors get thirsty too (that is, one of the common complaints about Saturday was a water shortage...that impacted everyone).

Like it or not, money makes it all work. The tailgate area is changing because the current area will soon (I hope) be replaced by the new indoor human performance building.

I know some politicians who nod in agreement to appease people but I think our AD and those working in the Athletic Dept are keenly interested in making things work for as many fans as possible. So, you may now be surprised.

But, there are issues that need to be addressed.

Comment

The Dykhouse center ran out of water as well FYI. There were people upset there as well. I was under the impression they were running somewhere on campus to grab more and they had just ran out in the Dykhouse. Apparently not. Point being, major donors were upset as well.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          The Dykhouse center ran out of water as well FYI. There were people upset there as well. I was under the impression they were running somewhere on campus to grab more and they had just ran out in the Dykhouse. Apparently not. Point being, major donors were upset as well.
          Has there been an explanation of why the ran out of water? It's f'in terrible to run out of water. They had nearly a year to plan for this game! A YEAR!

I would seriously hope whoever was responsible for this f-up has gotten an earful and doesn't let it happen again. Hell maybe even gotten a pink slip.

This could have literally cost the athletic department thousand in donations.

Comment

We are talking bottled water over prized at $1.70 a bottle at any convience store. Well there is always the restroom sinks. No big deal. But lots of revenue opportunties missed.

Comment

Watergate this is not. Yes, running out of water is stupid. I got a Diet Coke and somehow survived the afternoon. That said, it should not happen again.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Reading through this thread, I have determined that I must be WAAAY more laid back than anyone else on here.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I guess it may be to late for this year, but when your season ticket and tailgate spot renewal forms show up in the mail next year just put a note in there that you will not be purchasing either until you are guaranteed the stadium will not run out of water on game day and the Tailgate rules change.

The stadium is what it is. You are going to ruin it by putting in turf in a couple of years anyway. Personally, I love watching games there, but I take it for what it is and always have 32 oz bottle of water stashed in the little man's diaper bag. Also, I stand in the corner of the endzone since I am a fatass and know I won't fit in the seats anyway. In fact, in my 14 years being associated with the school I don't think I have ever watched a game from the stands on the west side.

However, I see no reason for paying customers to be run out of the Backyard immediately after games especially when you can't go anywhere right away anyway. Give people a couple of hours to get cleaned up and rehash the game a bit. It would also help traffic move better if it is staggered.

For the record, we tailgated with an old teammate of mine and my son, father-in-law, and I all had a very good time.

Comment

No way will the Board of Regents allow tailgating after the game way too much liability risk. People would start drinking again and then need to drive home. I don't expect that to ever change, the UPD could be a little kinder in the way they ask you to leave but they are not going to let people restart their parties.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                      Personally, I love watching games there...
                      Me too. Seats are small, but sight-lines are really good. You are very close to the action no matter where you are.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Maybe these two areas of concern are connected in a very ironic way. The lack of concessions will help our Jacks fans fit into the stadium better! (me included)
                        Jackolantern

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                          No way will the Board of Regents allow tailgating after the game way too much liability risk. People would start drinking again and then need to drive home. I don't expect that to ever change, the UPD could be a little kinder in the way they ask you to leave but they are not going to let people restart their parties.
                          Funny that allowing tailgating after games for set # of hours happens at hundreds of football stadiums around the country without major drama or incident - why are we different? A couple hours after day games isn't too much to ask, I can understand the concern and logistical nightmare for night games (later in the day, not enough lighting, etc.)

Easy solution to your concern however, station UPD at the exits to the tailgating areas and arrest anybody that is leaving under the influence while behind the wheel. Heck, get a couple of those mobile breathalizer machines and locate them in the tailgate area so folks can blow and make sure they under the legal limit before they drive. If we want to be afforded the opportunity to tailgate after the game, we would have to be responsible enough to have a sober driver to taxi folks away when we are done. Would only take one or two arrests for people to realize that they are serious about not allowing drunk drivers on the road after the games.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            Funny that allowing tailgating after games for set # of hours happens at hundreds of football stadiums around the country without major drama or incident - why are we different? A couple hours after day games isn't too much to ask, I can understand the concern and logistical nightmare for night games (later in the day, not enough lighting, etc.)

Easy solution to your concern however, station UPD at the exits to the tailgating areas and arrest anybody that is leaving under the influence while behind the wheel. Heck, get a couple of those mobile breathalizer machines and locate them in the tailgate area so folks can blow and make sure they under the legal limit before they drive. If we want to be afforded the opportunity to tailgate after the game, we would have to be responsible enough to have a sober driver to taxi folks away when we are done. Would only take one or two arrests for people to realize that they are serious about not allowing drunk drivers on the road after the games.
                            Have you not seen all the bitching and moaning people *already* do about UPD?!

Heavens to Betsy, I can't imagine the outrage if they started administering breathalyzers.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Reading through this thread, I have determined that I must be WAAAY more laid back than anyone else on here.
                              Is it difficult for you to breathe when you are so high up there on your pedestal?
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                It's amazing. You complain about CAS, the seating, water availability, lines for food or bathroom, the University Gestapo, trees, whatever....and if a USD guy chimes in about his friends experience (essentially supporting your statements) then he gets railed out of town and ridiculed. I have evem complimented your team, Zenner,etc but if a Coote says one damned thing "putting down any facet of SDSU" everyone jumps on his case and starts defending what you know is garbage or you bash the Dome. Hell, even Doc went as far as saying he'd never go to a USD game of anything. Theres forward thinking for ya. I go to some of your games in football, basketball, and volleyball because college sports are fun to watch. And both schools have local kids playing which makes it even better. Please forgive me for not saying how great CAS is, and how your institution screws up like our institution. It's unfathomable that USD would have anything better. My bad.
                                Allow me this diatribe with the understanding that I am a reasonable person as it pertains to almost every subject.

I've called you out plenty of times. You post on here under the guise of a fan that wants to renew a "respectable rivalry". Then you post negative comments in the interest of generating a controversy. When you get the expected reply you reply by whining about being treated like a pariah. If you want to make yourself out to be this person who is willing to martyr themselves for the rivalry cause stop getting upset when you get called out.

I don't want you or anyone other coyote fans to be Jackrabbit fans. I speak only for myself. I don't care if you hate everything about SDSU and the Jackrabbits and I have no idea why anyone here cares, if they do, that is their prerogative.

Lastly, I fail to see how making a comment about not attending coyote events in Vermillion has anything to do with being visionary. Feel free to enlighten me, I enjoy lively discussion regardless of the format.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
                                Last edited by jackmd; 09-19-2012, 01:55 PM. Reason: Qualifying my statement
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X