Jackrabbit Gameday Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit Gameday Experience

With regards to yoteforever's comments, it's hard to argue many of his points. The seating is very tight. People have gotten a lot larger in the last 50 years. My only tailgating experience is at the SDSU Alumni Association tent, and that is a great experience. Lots of good food and drink and nice people (thanks to Matt Fuks and his crew for that). The crowd was quiet on Saturday, but I attribute that to the fact that both teams had a hard time getting out of their own way. I would expect a much more energized crowd on the 29th vs. Missouri State, Beef Bowl, night game, and conference game and all of that. If we beat ISU this weekend to go 3-1, I think you'll see a very big, excited crowd for that game. Either way, the Beef Bowl is always a more fun event than the Cereal Bowl.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      With regards to yoteforever's comments, it's hard to argue many of his points. The seating is very tight. People have gotten a lot larger in the last 50 years. My only tailgating experience is at the SDSU Alumni Association tent, and that is a great experience. Lots of good food and drink and nice people (thanks to Matt Fuks and his crew for that). The crowd was quiet on Saturday, but I attribute that to the fact that both teams had a hard time getting out of their own way. I would expect a much more energized crowd on the 29th vs. Missouri State, Beef Bowl, night game, and conference game and all of that. If we beat ISU this weekend to go 3-1, I think you'll see a very big, excited crowd for that game. Either way, the Beef Bowl is always a more fun event than the Cereal Bowl.
      I agree with the 29th being a better, more excited crowd. Night game = longer timeframe to prime the pump. Plus, the Beef Bowl always has better attendance than the Cereal Bowl.

The UPD did stop at our spot twice on Saturday - once to tell a woman to throw away her bottled beer in her coozie. The officer said, "Ma'am, you need to get rid of that beer right now. There's no glass in the tailgate area. Throw it away right now." A simple, "Ma'am could you pour that into a cup please?" would have sufficed. Heck, have the officers carry plastic cups with them and hand them out when they see that. No reason to get confrontational.

The second time was to tell us to get moving out of the parking lot. I've addressed that in my previous post though.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Being an alum, I've always wanted to visit the Alumni Association tent, but I was always a bit intimidated... do I have to be a big donor? Is there a cost? Is it by invitation only?
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          Being an alum, I've always wanted to visit the Alumni Association tent, but I was always a bit intimidated... do I have to be a big donor? Is there a cost? Is it by invitation only?
          Don't feel intimidated everyone in there tent is great. Typically it is a free will donation for food and drinks. (Please correct me if I am incorrect.) Everyone is friendly. Sit down, introduce yourself and enjoy the conversations.
          We...ARE...STATE!
          SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

On your way over stop at the Yankton Jackrabbit site, we welcome all Jackrabbit fans and usually have plenty of food and beverages.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The Alumni tent was originally set up as a place for alumni to come to who didn't have a place to tailgate, or just visiting and didn't know anyone and wanted to be a part of the fun. Over the years pretty much alumni non alumni and even visiting teams alumni and boosters have stopped in. So please feel free to stop in and say hi.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                Don't feel intimidated everyone in there tent is great. Typically it is a free will donation for food and drinks. (Please correct me if I am incorrect.) Everyone is friendly. Sit down, introduce yourself and enjoy the conversations.
                You are correct. We are in the Backyard for every home game except the Beef Bowl. The tent is open to Alumni and Friends of SDSU. Everyone is welcome!

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/index.aspx?sid=1108&gid=1&pgid=2370&cid=2867&ecid= 2867&crid=0&calpgid=13&calcid=685

Go State!

Comment

Great question. I had always wondered the same thing.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

It's amazing. You complain about CAS, the seating, water availability, lines for food or bathroom, the University Gestapo, trees, whatever....and if a USD guy chimes in about his friends experience (essentially supporting your statements) then he gets railed out of town and ridiculed. I have evem complimented your team, Zenner,etc but if a Coote says one damned thing "putting down any facet of SDSU" everyone jumps on his case and starts defending what you know is garbage or you bash the Dome. Hell, even Doc went as far as saying he'd never go to a USD game of anything. Theres forward thinking for ya. I go to some of your games in football, basketball, and volleyball because college sports are fun to watch. And both schools have local kids playing which makes it even better. Please forgive me for not saying how great CAS is, and how your institution screws up like our institution. It's unfathomable that USD would have anything better. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      It's amazing. You complain about CAS, the seating, water availability, lines for food or bathroom, the University Gestapo, trees, whatever....and if a USD guy chimes in about his friends experience (essentially supporting your statements) then he gets railed out of town and ridiculed. I have evem complimented your team, Zenner,etc but if a Coote says one damned thing "putting down any facet of SDSU" everyone jumps on his case and starts defending what you know is garbage or you bash the Dome. Hell, even Doc went as far as saying he'd never go to a USD game of anything. Theres forward thinking for ya. I go to some of your games in football, basketball, and volleyball because college sports are fun to watch. And both schools have local kids playing which makes it even better. Please forgive me for not saying how great CAS is, and how your institution screws up like our institution. It's unfathomable that USD would have anything better. My bad.
                      Butt hurt?

Your first post was fine. I even repped you for it. But you sound like a whiner now, obviously. Not sure what you'd expect on State's message board. I'd just delete your recent post.

Anyways, I think your SDSU friend got a raw deal. Bad game all around by the team and very boring. I promise his next experience will be better if he shows up to the Missouri State game.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

"railed out of town and ridiculed"? There were what, 4 posts that replied to yours in this entire thread? And a couple said you had valid points.

Stop trying to make yourself out to be a martyr.

As for the whole game day experience of each school, I feel like I have a pretty in depth experience with both. The crowd on Saturday was about the worst I've seen at SDSU and it still beat the piss out of every non-D-Days D1 USD game I've been to.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

You are being a little whiney, yoteforever. This is a site where SDSU fans can grumble, knowing they are among friends and for the purpose of maybe improving the game-day experience. It's not unlike me grumbling to my wife in my home about something one of my kids may have done in high school. My kids are still the best and if some outsider offered some comments that "essentially supported my statements",...well, you can finish that thought.

Comment

Don't be a douche. One or two people responded negatively towards you and your comment. You didn't get "railed out of town". You are just trying to create drama.

The crowd was flat, and so was the play on the field.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              "railed out of town and ridiculed"? There were what, 4 posts that replied to yours in this entire thread? And a couple said you had valid points.Stop trying to make yourself out to be a martyr. As for the whole game day experience of each school, I feel like I have a pretty in depth experience with both. The crowd on Saturday was about the worst I've seen at SDSU and it still beat the piss out of every non-D-Days D1 USD game I've been to.
                              I said the something. Worst game I had been to in years.

Comment

yoteforever has a little troll in him. Don't feed trolls!

Back to the topic. I was at the game Saturday but also DVR'd it. Tonight I decided to replay the game. The team did a lot of good things. But the crowd was quiet on TV too (gee, surprise). Anyway, watching a second time, I'm much happier with many aspects of our team.

Comment

Working...
                                X