X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackrabbit Gameday Experience

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Interesting.

Anybody knowledgeable have a guess on the net for $111,000 in beer sales?
    A 16 oz Coors Light at cost is about .64 add .06 for the cup, charge about $4 for that puts you at about 18% cost on that or 19800 cost. labor would be in the 10% range for that much in sales in that short of time so $11000(it would take a lot of beer slingers to shovel out 27500 beers in 2 hours, still a little high probably, a constantly running keg takes about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to drain, about 128 beers in a keg! 215 kegs needed! So now Coors or Bud needs to have trucks parked outside the stadium and about 20 constantly working taps with people manning them just to keep the beer flowing to hit that $110000 target). Guessing on the whole Brookings tax-thing it's been a while but with spillage and taxes another 10% so 11000. 19800+11000+11000=41800. 110000-41800=$68200 net. That's the simple math.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      A 16 oz Coors Light at cost is about .64 add .06 for the cup, charge about $4 for that puts you at about 18% cost on that or 19800 cost. labor would be in the 10% range for that much in sales in that short of time so $11000(it would take a lot of beer slingers to shovel out 27500 beers in 2 hours, still a little high probably, a constantly running keg takes about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to drain, about 128 beers in a keg! 215 kegs needed! So now Coors or Bud needs to have trucks parked outside the stadium and about 20 constantly working taps with people manning them just to keep the beer flowing to hit that $110000 target). Guessing on the whole Brookings tax-thing it's been a while but with spillage and taxes another 10% so 11000. 19800+11000+11000=41800. 110000-41800=$68200 net. That's the simple math.
      Minnesota was selling 7.50 per beer and capped at 2 per person.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Beer sales at one game at Howard Wood field under the control of the Sioux Falls sports authority does not equate to a likelihood that beer sales will be allowed to the general audience at on campus sporting events in SD. You can get beer in the Dakotadome at the Coyote landing, I've got an open invite to do just that. I don't know but I suspect you can get beer or wine in the Dykehouse center if you have access and want to arrange for it.

I don't think any of us are going to be buying a beer at CAS anytime in the near future.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          If beer was selling for 7.50, I would cap myself off at 1 beer and would probably share w/ my wife.

Comment

Key words were "some posters" so you can take that however you would like

1.) You said that it would make it less enjoyable because you have been to pro sports where there has been fights and people would be spilling all over
            2.) You did say that you might not bring kids, if they sell beer, so yes that is pretty close to saying it was unsafe by even hinting at it
            3.) If Minnesota can pull in 110,000 for a home game, than 15,000-20,000 is a minumum in fact if you would do the math, you would clearly see they have the potential to pull that in per game
            4.)I would be extremely suprised if the University has seriously discussed it, or even looked at the numbers. Just because they serve alcohol at the Dykhouse, means jakc
            5.) I would laugh, not because they made money, but if it was successful it could prove that it is safe, would make the gameday experience just as good or better while making extra money on the side.
            1-My firsthand experience leads me to believe there are those who will abuse alcohol inside the stadium making my firsthand gameday experience worse.
            2-I wouldn't take kids to a stip club, that doesn't mean strip clubs aren't safe.
            3-It simply isn't logical to think SDSU could net $15,000-$20,000 per game. Bowling Green makes that much annually with more attendance than SDSU.
            4-Neither of us (AFAIK) has knowledge one way or the other what's going on in the Athletic Department. There is beer in the Dykhouse, so that means they have most certainly discussed alcohol at games on some level.
            5-A better gameday atmosphere is completely subjective, as this whole stupid discussion clearly illustrates.

We aren't going to agree, and I'm fine with that. Actually, we don't even disagree. I have repeatedly said that I would buy beer if it were available at games.

Like JackMD said, it probably isn't happening anytime soon anyway.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              That's a pretty nice chunk of change.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

2 per person, per transaction. Maybe that's what you meant, sorry.

Comment

2 per person, per transaction. Maybe that's what you meant, sorry.
                  I thought the article said 2 beers limit, I thought they meant total not transaction. I just skimmed threw it though. Anyone with first hand knowdegde who has been their?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I set my price at what the average attendee at a Jacks game would pay and a 16 oz glass, Coughlin could probably easily sell those beers at $5. I bet their cups were more in the 20 oz and 22 oz range vs the 16. I'm also sure it was 2 glasses per transaction, since to monitor 50000 people would be somewhat impossible. A beer at a bar in Mpls will probably run you $5 or $6, so $7.50 not out of the question.
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      I thought the article said 2 beers limit, I thought they meant total not transaction. I just skimmed threw it though. Anyone with first hand knowdegde who has been their?
                      http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...090612aab.html

Second bullet - Patrons will be limited to two alcoholic beverages per person per transaction. Patrons may return to their seats to consume their beverages.

Comment

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...090612aab.html

Second bullet - Patrons will be limited to two alcoholic beverages per person per transaction. Patrons may return to their seats to consume their beverages.
                        thats what i get for not reading the whole thing. plus its hard to carry more then 2 anyway. unless they use the beverage trays and those never seem to work well.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                        X