Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU-Mankato FB Coach Arrested

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    Heads should be rolled. Especially those heads that made decisions that cost the school dearly. From this Coastal guy's perspective, it looks like the President and AD were the people who made the decision to fire Todd, ergo, the right heads. If I'm the board of trustees, there are no places for such "leadership".
    Amen, pts for this post.

Comment

BREAKING: Players at MSU are refusing to practice today. Coach Hoffner went to practice field, shook hands with Keen and AD. Only two players came out dressed. Rest of players stayed in locker room, emerged not dressed for practice, and read a statement refusing to practice until Keen is returned as head coach.

This is a mess. Go for Keen, but an insult considering Hoffner was the head coach when most players were recruited.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        BREAKING: Players at MSU are refusing to practice today. Coach Hoffner went to practice field, shook hands with Keen and AD. Only two players came out dressed. Rest of players stayed in locker room, emerged not dressed for practice, and read a statement refusing to practice until Keen is returned as head coach.

This is a mess. Go for Keen, but an insult considering Hoffner was the head coach when most players were recruited.
        Holy cow. Unreal. I was surprised Hoffner went back to be honest. Obviously a higher profile position than Minot St., but still, I'da taken the package offered and not talked to those people (those responsible for his canning) again.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Was Keen on staff with Hoffner or was he new to MSU when Hoffner got the boot?
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Was Keen on staff with Hoffner or was he new to MSU when Hoffner got the boot?
            Yes, he was D coordinator I believe.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Wow. As if Hoffner hasn't been through enough....

Comment

I'm not a big fan of self-quoting, but:

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                I'm no lawyer, but if there is no more evidence than 3 short home videos, the school and local authorities stepped in it big time, IMO.
                What a debacle.

I hope those kids have plans for where else they are going to play. Because at this point, if the choice is between Hoffner and the rest of the team, MSU is going to choose Hoffner. Or they will be writing a check with a lot of zeroes on it.

BTW, Keen doesn't deserve to be head coach either if he can't keep the team in line.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The kids will back down within a week or two. The old coach will convince them it's in their best interest to play for the new coach and that will be that. Guaranteed.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

RO: I think that's a pretty good guess right now. But, it's a little like "who's on first". I think the old coach is the new coach and the new coach is the old coach.

Could be some interesting motivation for Minot State when they play Mankato this Fall (9/20/14 at Mankato).

Okay, who can guess the next strange twist of events at Mankato?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      The kids will back down within a week or two. The old coach will convince them it's in their best interest to play for the new coach and that will be that. Guaranteed.
                      Betting less than that. I'd put money on Monday, maybe Tuesday.

(not a lot of money, of course)

Comment

I'm going out on a limb here but here's my prediction: Craig Smith and Austin Hansen resign from USD, switch sports, and are announced Monday as the Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator, respectively, for Mankato. Bulldog is put in charge of recruiting and brings in 35 new players, all from NW Iowa.

Comment

Oh, and, TK is put in charge of season ticket sales.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Oh, and, TK is put in charge of season ticket sales.
                            Posts not posters.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Lighten up, Francis. We've been a little too serious lately.

Comment

I was joking about Mankato dropping football and going D-I, though in 2010 when I was on campus for a conference that was the rumor. (1st and only time in Mankato)

I don't blame the university for removing him as the head coach. Whether or not he was innocent, or it was bs, or not, he was arrested. They did not do that. By the time he was cleared, they had a successful season. Where I think they screwed up was not just keeping him reassigned in a position where he was paid, and would eventually chose to leave for a more public job.

As for the student-athletes refusing to play. It doesn't surprise me that some are, I was however surprised by how many, especially considering he was part of the recruitment process for many of them.

But put yourselves in their shoes, their coach is placed on leave/fired right before the beginning of the season, you go on to have 2 successful seasons in the mean time. The former coach has accepted a job at another school, and then right in the middle of spring practices he is told he gets to come back if he wants to. I guess I'm going to cut the kids some slack. My guess is some leave, some quit, but most end up playing for him, whether they like it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X