X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley polls

Not a big fan of this guy

http://www.vindy.com/news/2012/jul/2...e-in-the-mvfc/

My take - YSU will not win on Hobo Day - Joe Scalzo has no idea what cow manure smells like.

Re: Valley polls

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      Not a big fan of this guy

http://www.vindy.com/news/2012/jul/2...e-in-the-mvfc/

My take - YSU will not win on Hobo Day - Joe Scalzo has no idea what cow manure smells like.
      That guy's a dip ****.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

IMHO, the starting article is a reasonable OPINION of a YSU 'Guins fan.

Until somebody proves them wrong, I'm with Joe on his groupings.

NDSU

UNI

IL St, IN St., SDSU, YSU

SIU, USD

MSU, WIU

NDSU returns a ton from the National Championship team. I don't see them not qualifying for the play-offs. A beatable FBS team (Colo St), an NEC & SWAC team in Fargo. Do play at UNI. Best result 11-0, Worst result 7-4, 4-4 in MVFC.

UNI just keeps reloading. Until somebody knocks them off the MVFC top, they'll be there again. However, they have two guaranteed BCS losses, so any losses in conference will potentially knock them out of play-off. Good news for Panthers, get Jacks, Bison at home. Skip InSt (and Shakir Bell) this year.

SDSU has the best chance of being 3-0, and need to be 2-1 coming into MVFC play. Winning in Fargo, Cedar Falls will be a challenge. Need to hold home games to have a chance to finish top 3. Kansas could be a repeat of the NDSU/KU game two years ago.

In St plays Indiana for their FBS game. Potential FCS upset chance. Like SDSU, In St. needs to hold home field, and steal a win vs NDSU or YSU to finish top of the MVFC. Don't play UNI.

IL St skips SDSU for the next two years. Not quite certain why they'll be much changed from 6-5 season of last year.

YSU has talent, and a year's experience. They could be a tough team this season. They beat NDSU @ Fargo last year, so definitely upper MVFC this season.

SIU - Lennon's recruits haven't been making strides. Dale needs a very good performance out of this year's team if he's to stay. Doubt he will be at SIU next year.

USD - First year in the MVFC after the GWFC. Do great at holding homefield, and then they give away that advantage to NDSU. Think there are a lot of learning lumps for the pups this season.

MSU - Why is their coach still there? Nothing but cellar the last 3 seasons.

WIU - Macomb has a tough time getting in great recruits. Think they'll be down this season.

My opinions are just as knowledgeable and thought through as the YSU's. But hey, it's the off-season, time to share thoughts, and get ready for another year of JACKRABBIT football. I will see more games (3) live this season, than have enjoyed live since graduating from SDSU.

Comment

If SDSU beats Kansas they'll be in the playoffs. Lots to prove though. The defense was terrible last year.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

If SDSU beats KU, then win at least 7 games, yes, they would make the play-offs. It was the deciding factor for a 4-4 MVFC NDSU Bison two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              If SDSU beats KU, then win at least 7 games, yes, they would make the play-offs. It was the deciding factor for a 4-4 MVFC NDSU Bison two years ago.
              You must not understand that I'm inferring that they'll get to seven games.

Now you do.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

You're right, not much good @ reading minds via internet.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  You must not understand that I'm inferring that they'll get to seven games.

Now you do.
                  Yep, but we were the last Valley team standing, 3 enered that year and we took the eventual NC to overtime and dismantled the BSC champ, year after won all, guess what im saying is the team started to play good ball at the right time, Missour St loss was terrible but lit a fire under the underclassmens butts
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I have not been on campus lately. For those that have, seriously, is smell an issue, or was this guy speaking in hyperbole - or perhaps even from his own closed section of the press box?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      I have not been on campus lately. For those that have, seriously, is smell an issue, or was this guy speaking in hyperbole - or perhaps even from his own closed section of the press box?
                      No, that's not at all true.

Comment

I am on campus just about everyday and I have no idea what he is talking about. The only day in the past 5 years or so that I remember any kind of unpleasant smell was the day of the cow/calf unit fire and that was the smell of burning hay.

Go State!

Comment

Hyperbole and if not, so what.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

City slicker hyperbole. Youngstown did not smell to hot either in 1973 with their steel mills running day and night.
                            The Beef Unit is moving out of their area just behind the appartment dorms to a more rural setting south of Volga. I haven't noticed any odors recently.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 07-30-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              City slicker hyperbole. Youngstown did not smell to hot either in 1973 with their steel mills running day and night.
                              The Beef Unit is moving out of their area just behind the appartment dorms to a more rural setting south of Volga. I haven't noticed any odors recently.
                              I believe the Beef Unit is moving north of Volga, not that north/south matters that much.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X