Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 recruiting

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    That would be attacking posters....interesting debate...wonder how it will all pan out...apple pie is my favorite
    Given fact that we haven't carried all 15 often .. this makes sense. She could possibly petition NCAA for moving closer to home and play immediately. Our roster this year had late season adjustments with Chynna leaving and Ena coming on board. Go for it!

Comment

LET'S RECRUIT TAGYN LARSON AT ALL COSTS!!!!!....thought I'd join the crowd,I get tired of arguing all the time,you win

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        Gotta think Augie is in the mix. Wouldn't have to sit out a year...
        I think Augie may be further up the scale than USD. USD my not have a scholarship available. They have 5 recruits coming in and 5 seniors graduating. There are currently 15 on their roster. I am not sure if any of those are walk on athletes or they all are on scholarship.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

LET'S RECRUIT TAGYN LARSON AT ALL COSTS!!!!!....thought I'd join the crowd,I get tired of arguing all the time
          Silly us for wanting to consider a 6"2 athletic wing player who was a national top 100 recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
            Given fact that we haven't carried all 15 often .. this makes sense. She could possibly petition NCAA for moving closer to home and play immediately. !
            I think there has to be an extenuating reason such as a family medical emergency in order to get immediate eligibility.

Comment

I'd leave too if the coach didn't use a redshirt and then only played me in 5 games for a total of 10 minutes. Likely just garbage time too. What a complete waste of a year of eligibility. Unless Tagyn insisted on not being redshirted which very well could have happened, that was a waste. I know our staff recruited her hard and really wanted her along with Kerri and Macy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                Given fact that we haven't carried all 15 often .. this makes sense. She could possibly petition NCAA for moving closer to home and play immediately. Our roster this year had late season adjustments with Chynna leaving and Ena coming on board. Go for it!
                oops...I think you were commenting on what Jack1 said,about her going to Augie as an option....not to me,wern't you?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Silly us for wanting to consider a 6"2 athletic wing player who was a national top 100 recruit.
                  Yah,I thought that too,that's why I kind of followed her season this year,to see what kind of an impact she'd have with Iowa.....that's how I formed my opinion...because I value what really plays out more than what people think she'll do...

I also followed Alexis Swedland at WSU a little (from St Thomas Moore),she had kind of a bad,disappointing fr season too, but every time I checked back she got minutes anyway from their coach,who must have seen enough in her to give her the time to develop anyway.Not so with Larson.

You must have to think Bulder has no eye for talent at all...another thing you might want to consider ,...is a player not getting playing time an invitation to leave.....? Kind of cruel (I don't think AJ likes doing that) but it's SOP with the bigger programs...that's why it's so important to get players you'll think will help the program.....no one wants to purposely recruit,then have to disappoint any player...they deserve better than that. If Larson gets a scholarship from us,and gets a roster spot, I'll back her 100% just like I do with all the Jacks.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-23-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Pretty telling stat line,and she wasn't red shirted if the coach didn't see a spot for her,besides,it happens all the time players are over rated and just don't make the conversion to college ball all that well.All I'm saying is if we get a chance at a much better player,give the scholarship to her,we are trying to get the best team we possibly can after all....might not happen and we'll take Larson,I think she'll be available ,but who knows what will happen,just don't want to see us rush the decision
                    Yea a lot of 6'2 athletic top 100 recruits with local and SDSU ties who are looking to return home so let's wait for a better player to come along. Thankfully you are not our recruiting coordinator! I'm sure AJ and staff are all over this. Hope Tagyn becomes a Jackrabbit!

Comment

Tagyn would be a great get for SDSU. I hope she becomes a Jack, like her two siblings.
                      PS - Shouldn't this discussion be in the 2016 recruiting thread?
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Tagyn would be a great get for SDSU. I hope she becomes a Jack, like her two siblings.
                        PS - Shouldn't this discussion be in the 2016 recruiting thread?
                        Well....she technically was a 2015 recruit out of high school.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

[QUOTE=JACKGUYII;294032]Yea a lot of 6'2 athletic top 100 recruits with local and SDSU ties who are looking to return home so let's wait for a better player to come along. Thankfully you are not our recruiting coordinator! I'm sure AJ and staff are all over this. Hope Tagyn becomes a Jackrabbit![/QUOTE

]She did so well this year,can't wait.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-23-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

She did well this year,can't wait.
                            Mike Daum was so impressive going into his freshman season that the coaching staff had no choice other than to redshirt him. In fact, Nagy is on record as saying he wasn't sure Mike would be able to play for the Jacks during his redshirt year. Players improve. It's happened before. It'll happen again. Nobody knows if Larson can be a useful player or not for the Jacks...heck, she might not even come here. But for the love of god, stop with the 'She didn't play as a freshman so she isn't any good...' crap.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Mike Daum was so impressive going into his freshman season that the coaching staff had no choice other than to redshirt him. In fact, Nagy is on record as saying he wasn't sure Mike would be able to play for the Jacks during his redshirt year. Players improve. It's happened before. It'll happen again. Nobody knows if Larson can be a useful player or not for the Jacks...heck, she might not even come here. But for the love of god, stop with the 'She didn't play as a freshman so she isn't any good...' crap.
                              It's not crap,it's the truth ,as i was told once if I recall.

Comment

I'm sure she'll be available for some time, but no, let's rush right in and grab her before she changes her mind, you act like she scored 300+ points for Iowa....ugh

I'm sure Bulder isn't very good at judging talent,she's only had her on her team for a full year,watching her practice everyday.You'd rather take the opinion of talent evaluators of hoop girls who only evaluated her in HS.....ok,sure glad you thought this one out thoroughly.

Comment

Working...
                                X