Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Backyard Tailgating

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I have been informed via e-mail by someone from buyshade.com that they don't appreciate having their business linked here . . . some drivel about "unnatural links" driving down their Google ratings.

Apparently they don't want your business.

I'm extremely tempted in order to allow them to continue in their apparently uncomfortable lesson in trusting Google to manage their corporate reputation.

But I'll be (relatively) nice. This time.
    Does Google reward them with a higher rating if their clicks come from a Google search? If so, I would have to wonder what's more important, the Google rating or selling more products.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      Does Google reward them with a higher rating if their clicks come from a Google search? If so, I would have to wonder what's more important, the Google rating or selling more products.
      Well not gonna knock um to much for caring about the reputation according to google. Not sure how it would affect it but most business cares about its reputation.........obviously.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

F them. Now researching ways to......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Well not gonna knock um to much for caring about the reputation according to google. Not sure how it would affect it but most business cares about its reputation.........obviously.
          How did businesses ever survive before Google? Oh that's right, they sold their stuff. Seriously, you'd turn away customers in a tailgating thread, the perfect demographic for your goods, just to appease your advertising in hopes of attracting those same tailgating customers.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            How did businesses ever survive before Google? Oh that's right, they sold their stuff. Seriously, you'd turn away customers in a tailgating thread, the perfect demographic for your goods, just to appease your advertising in hopes of attracting those same tailgating customers.
            I'm not argeeing with them. Seems silly to me. I just get the overall big picture of a business caring about its reputation.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              I have been informed via e-mail by someone from buyshade.com that they don't appreciate having their business linked here . . . some drivel about "unnatural links" driving down their Google ratings.

Apparently they don't want your business.

I'm extremely tempted in order to allow them to continue in their apparently uncomfortable lesson in trusting Google to manage their corporate reputation.

But I'll be (relatively) nice. This time.
              I'm so glad I posted that link now.

Comment

I'm half-tempted to ask for their link so I can post them on my Facebook page... just to tick them off. What a bunch of yahoos.
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                  I'm so glad I posted that link now.
                  Not your mistake. Not really even the tentmaker's fault really, except as I noted their trusting the judgment of the likes of Google in regards to their online reputation. Google is the instigator here. "Don't Be Evil" my ass.

(Of course, in a truly just world, I would have suffered some kind actual damage as a result of this, giving rise to a cause of action against what could be construed as Google's defamation of this site. Google's got really, really, really "deep pockets.")
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                  X