Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement on practice field this month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did not know where to put this! Sanford's $10 million gift.

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Thank you Mr. Krabbenhoft and thank you Mr. Sanford.
    Ditto!
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Re: Announcement on practice field this month?

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Look at it this way--It's doubtful that SDSU attached any sort of clause to the donation which gave Denny S. virtual veto authority (from the grave!!!!) over the school's nickname.

Perspective, people. Perspective.
      T. Sanford > Ralph Englestad. Ditto.

Comment

I looked at the SDSU Foundation webpage and did not see the score card on the drive towards 200 million. Do you know if the 16 million had been included in that total of about 185 million? That was the amount raised the last time I looked which has be a while back. If not these two gifts would put the foundation at 201 million which would reach the goal but that does not mean those small potatoes people like me have to stop giving.

For the last about two weeks, the total had been reading $194,000,000. I don't think the Sanford gift was included in that. I am less sure about the the other $8,000,000. I was told some time ago that when this gift came in, it would put us over the top.

Comment

There's a followup story in today's (Aug 4) Argus:

A new team in the state formed Friday: South Dakota State and Sanford Health.

The aggressively expanding nonprofit organization will donate $10 million to the state’s largest university to take over as its sports medicine provider for 10 years and help it build an indoor practice facility and human performance center. In return, Sanford gains naming rights to the proposed building — its second high-profile acquisition this week....

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            There's a followup story in today's (Aug 4) Argus:

A new team in the state formed Friday: South Dakota State and Sanford Health.

The aggressively expanding nonprofit organization will donate $10 million to the state’s largest university to take over as its sports medicine provider for 10 years and help it build an indoor practice facility and human performance center. In return, Sanford gains naming rights to the proposed building — its second high-profile acquisition this week....

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20120804/NEWS/308040023/Sanford-money-vaults-SDSU-closer-indoor-sports-venue?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home&nclick_check=1
            Many thanks to Sanford, no doubt. It's unfortunate that our relationship Orthopedic Institute is likely now strained. I wouldn't blame them for feeling slighted. I understand deals like this are a reality in this day and age, especially since in South Dakota, all of the money has to come from private sources. But Orthopedic Institute should be thanked for 40 years of service to SDSU.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
              For the last about two weeks, the total had been reading $194,000,000. I don't think the Sanford gift was included in that. I am less sure about the the other $8,000,000. I was told some time ago that when this gift came in, it would put us over the top.
              Thanks. We are definitely over the top as far as the 200 million goal,but the facility still needs 6 to 8 million. The new website has been set up for the Indoor Facility and is very user friendly( Surprise) Here is the link

http://www.sdsufoundation.org/iphpf

Hope you can drop off some change. They need it badly. Here is a article in this Sunday's Argus

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1
              Last edited by Nidaros; 08-05-2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

I hope everyone has read my post and took some time to drop off a donation. The SDSU Foundation needs 6 to 8 million by Oct 14th in order to get BOR approval. If they dont raise that amount by the deadline and there is a year delay in approval, the project cost will increase by 10 per cent do to cost of steel etc. I made my gift, and hope others did too.

Comment

I hope everyone has read my post and took some time to drop off a donation. The SDSU Foundation needs 6 to 8 million by Oct 14th in order to get BOR approval. If they dont raise that amount by the deadline and there is a year delay in approval, the project cost will increase by 10 per cent do to cost of steel etc. I made my gift, and hope others did too.
                  I just talked to Slade Larscheid, the Coordinator of Athletic Development, regarding a donation for the project. The foundation will take pledges over a period of time if you want to do that. I am planning to go this route so I can give more over a period of time which will account for more money "in hand" when they go to the BOR. I'd encourage others to do the same if that works for them.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                  X