Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement on practice field this month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Announcement on practice field this month?

Good info available here: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3749243

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      The football media guide info is more accurate. E.g.: The indoor track will be 300 meters (not 200).

Comment

Per attached from SDBOR Henry Carlson Co selected to construct the facility. http://www.sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda.../CommB/I-C.pdf
        USD Fan

Comment

Two months later, and we're still waiting. Anyone know what's going on?
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Two months later, and we're still waiting. Anyone know what's going on?
            I've been told there are ongoing legal discussions with major donors. So, no I don't know for sure what is going on.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I've been told there are ongoing legal discussions with major donors. So, no I don't know for sure what is going on.
              Similar for me.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                Similar for me.
                No matter how much money we have, it tough to let go of it. The year I retired I donated Daktronics and Reynold & Reynolds stock, because I cashed in my unused annual leave which was inflating my earned income.. It was some what of a wash, but there are times I wish I would hung unto the stock. This being a much larger amount of donation, there are issues that arise along the way. Lets hope the SDSU legal experts and the donors legal people can come to an agreement. The unknown donor is doing us a hugh favor by making this donation. For that we should be gratiful, and I can wait to find out the idenity of the donor. I have confidence in our foundation staff, they will not let this on slip away.

Comment

My guess is all the hype will come due during football season, and IMO would be great, it could lead to more donors willing to open up, espically if they team is playing well. I know it sounds bad but I think around here a lot of donors go by how well the teams are doing before they open up. So a winning program may spur a few more offers for the stadium assuming the field house has its funding ironed out by then.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    My guess is all the hype will come due during football season, and IMO would be great, it could lead to more donors willing to open up, espically if they team is playing well. I know it sounds bad but I think around here a lot of donors go by how well the teams are doing before they open up. So a winning program may spur a few more offers for the stadium assuming the field house has its funding ironed out by then.
                    Nah if all the "i" s' had been dotted and all the issues had been resolved, the announcement would have been made by now. There seems unlikeness that there is some master scheme such as a 8-0 record on the day of an announcement. We have discussed this before. Despite two losing seasons, attendence has increased. Maybe its individual players who are the attraction such as Dale Moss, I really don't know. There has not been any offical requests for donations for the new staduim, nor the fieldhouse, but some may have come forward despite the two losing seasons.
                    Lets take it one day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Nah if all the "i" s' had been dotted and all the issues had been resolved, the announcement would have been made by now. There seems unlikeness that there is some master scheme such as a 8-0 record on the day of an announcement. We have discussed this before. Despite two losing seasons, attendence has increased. Maybe its individual players who are the attraction such as Dale Moss, I really don't know. There has not been any offical requests for donations for the new staduim, nor the fieldhouse, but some may have come forward despite the two losing seasons.
                      Lets take it one day at a time.
                      Keep your power dry everybody!! We are almost there IMO.

Comment

Here we go!

http://sdsudevelopingchampions.com/
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post

going to be announced this afternoon-

Sanford Health has agreed in principle to providing SDSU with $10 million to support collegiate athletics. We’ve made this commitment as a means of fulfilling a responsibility to our community to invest in health and wellness initiatives, economic development and educational opportunities.

This partnership will make Sanford Health the exclusive provider of sports medicine services for Jackrabbit Athletics, offering board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons and primary care physicians. It also provides the foundation for a facility that will serve more than 450 student athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks28 View Post
                            going to be announced this afternoon-

Sanford Health has agreed in principle to providing SDSU with $10 million to support collegiate athletics. We’ve made this commitment as a means of fulfilling a responsibility to our community to invest in health and wellness initiatives, economic development and educational opportunities.

This partnership will make Sanford Health the exclusive provider of sports medicine services for Jackrabbit Athletics, offering board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons and primary care physicians. It also provides the foundation for a facility that will serve more than 450 student athletes.
                            http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|Home

It's been announced......by the way this is awesome....and if they name it the Sanford Athletic Center....I don't care......one thing my Dad taught me, don't bitch about free money.......
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Did not know where to put this! Sanford's $10 million gift.

I Guess I put it here because I believe it is being connected to the Dykhouse when it is eventually built...and having a 80 yard synthetic field will benefit football as much as anyone else.

PER TV AND ARGUS LEADER
                              http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|Home

Sanford has agreed to a new deal with SDSU and is giving 10 million dollars to SDSU for Student Athlete Performance and Indoor Training Facility...

This comes with the added note of $8 million in private donations.

This is quite substantial. But I have questions for all of you.

What do you think of Sanford? I mean according to a KELOLand Poll, most people in Sioux Falls hate the fact that new events center is going to bare his name...Which I dont get... Didn't he just cash a check others wouldn't?

Do you think other projects funding will speed up with momentum being built or slow down...with the mindset of well we got that done now they won't expect more for awhile?

Also, 8 million dollars in private donations is huge...I think that 8 million needs to be flaunted to potential donors (kind of like saying "Look what others are doing around you.") But sadly, it seems as if it was an afterthought to what Sanford gave. Thoughts on that?

Comment

Re: Did not know where to put this! Sanford's $10 million gift.

I'll merge this thread with one already going that discusses the indoor human performance lab and today's announcement.

Comment

Working...
                                X