Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future

How many years of eligibility does she have left? I hope she recovers and sticks around for all of them.

Comment

She will have 3 years left. When she injured her knee in her first year she was not eligible for a red-shirt as she had already appeared in to many games. Last year she only played in a few games and you could tell her knee was still bothering her. Hopefully it is fully healed and she will be ready to make a big impact.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
        First off, Congrats to Chad, he's a great guy.

As far as who they bring in... I have no worries. AJ has done a great job with the staff... it will be someone good.
        The position has been open for nearly a month - anyone heard any rumors about a replacement ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          A quick true point guard who can handle the ball.
          Just finished following the Dakota showcase girls basketball tournament in Sioux Falls.One of the leading scorers was one Ellie Herzberg.She's a 5'8" Guard, graduates class of 2014 Monson NW Webster HS,Iowa i think.She scored 122 pts in 6 games for an avg of 20.33 pts per game,tied the record for the tournament for 2-pt buckets at 47,that's 7.83 2's per game.First i thought tall(they don't list height)so googled her for height (5'8")Next i thought she might just be one of those really good shooters(she might be any way)But, the most intresting thing i found out is she's really fast(there were multiple google hits with her name associated with track and field)Her best time 11.97 for the 100 meters(converted from fat) So,i assume she gets lots of points utilizing her God given gift of speed.My point is ,i guess, is that there are players gifted with speed who can handle a basketball in this area,it's just that they are few and far between ,and,we have to convince them to play for us.Heather Sieler comes to mind also,as a player who fits that mold.

ALSO,in the gold division,the Schoolers Weidenbach have both Tagyn Larson and Jessica Mieras on the team,and they are both very, very good and neck and neck in every category(pts for tournament 71vs 72,12 pts per game vs 11.83,and4.5 2 's per game vs 4.67)and they are both 6'2".Someone earlier mentioned Mieras was being looked at by the coaching staff and i think Tagyn just completed the jacks elite camp because she tweeted so.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-01-2012, 01:56 AM.

Comment

TV's thoughts about the 3 verbals playing on the Dakota Schoolers.

http://t.co/ZItLU08S

We're very lucky to have such adept sports coverage of the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Just finished following the Dakota showcase girls basketball tournament in Sioux Falls.One of the leading scorers was one Ellie Herzberg.She's a 5'8" Guard, graduates class of 2014 Monson NW Webster HS,Iowa i think.She scored 122 pts in 6 games for an avg of 20.33 pts per game,tied the record for the tournament for 2-pt buckets at 47,that's 7.83 2's per game.First i thought tall(they don't list height)so googled her for height (5'8")Next i thought she might just be one of those really good shooters(she might be any way)But, the most intresting thing i found out is she's really fast(there were multiple google hits with her name associated with track and field)Her best time 11.97 for the 100 meters(converted from fat) So,i assume she gets lots of points utilizing her God given gift of speed.My point is ,i guess, is that there are players gifted with speed who can handle a basketball in this area,it's just that they are few and far between ,and,we have to convince them to play for us.Heather Sieler comes to mind also,as a player who fits that mold.

ALSO,in the gold division,the Schoolers Weidenbach have both Tagyn Larson and Jessica Mieras on the team,and they are both very, very good and neck and neck in every category(pts for tournament 71vs 72,12 pts per game vs 11.83,and4.5 2 's per game vs 4.67)and they are both 6'2".Someone earlier mentioned Mieras was being looked at by the coaching staff and i think Tagyn just completed the jacks elite camp because she tweeted so.

Larson is the most athletic 6' plus player to come from SD in a long time that wants to play basketball or at least appears to. Mieras has great size as well and has the basketball tools to be great. She just needs to grow into her body so to speak and get stronger. I would say Mieras right now SDSU is looking at what she could develop into as a player. The Jacks could control the low block with a tandem of these two if both progress like they should.

Comment

Just watching these videos and 'killing time",and it occured to me,i sure wish we could recruit a "slow", "un-athletic" ,PG from SD like this one!Here's my favorite link of this player in action.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFnyt...d8&playnext=18
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-13-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X