Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future

What do we need to get beyond the first round of the NCAA playoffs? Is winning the conference and Summit League Tournament and qualifying with a low seed enough? What kind of player are we lacking to make some noise in the tournament?

Re: Future

A quick true point guard who can handle the ball.

Comment

A quick guard who can handle pressure would be a good starting point. Also an increase in overall team speed would help tremendously.

Comment

we use to have team speed, get that back, also a quick PG, but also develop a lot of hybrid players again, 6 footers who can play the post and pop for the 3. Wark, Rotert, and have s stable of 3 pt shooters, not just 1 or 2. We use to have 4 or 5 that could drain 3s any given night. we need that and the versitility of our wing players and a PG with some wheels.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

one scholly to go, right? Have needed athletic PG for many years now.

Comment

The scheduling of tough OOC opponents has been great the last 5 years, and it will continue this up-coming year. However, with the loss of ORU & SUU, Jacks will have the ability to add 2 OOC games more than the last couple of years.

Just need to come into the Summit play with 1-3 losses and then sweep through the Summit. Predict that Summit winner next season is 14-2 in conference. IMHO, that'll be the Jacks again. Hopefully, Megan Wayteshak is back full force, and ready for a break out year, same with Steph Paluch. Avoid the injury bug, and the Jacks will be tough to dethrone off Summit Summit.

Comment

Reviewing the schedules looks like Jacks have 3 good OOC opponents scheduled into Frost, if they don't break home/home arrangements.

Middle TN, Marquette, and Nebraska.

Hope to see them pick up a good T-day tourney.

Then need to start some other home/home away. Would love to see the BIG10, Big12 on the schedule.

Comment

I guess the big questions for me are who will start. who will be the go to players. We have a lot of good players but wonder if some will struggle filling that go to role. I guess I would image Dietel Lingle Eide probably 3 for sure and depending how steph is next year, Gabby and Heiser? that is not a lot of starting or big time experience, Lingle needs to really fill in the starting center spot and kick butt like we know she can. Also There are a lot of players who need to step up mainly the bench who has been great but will need to fill a bigger role with 2 super seniors gone. unless a freshman comes in and earns a starting spot I guess its a crap shoot. Would love to see a healthy waytashek get to the place where I think most expected her to be as a bit of a star or major contributor but due to Injury has just not been a factor.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I'm willing to bet we are going to see big things from our current freshmen class next year. I was actually surprised they didn't play more this year based on thier skill sets. We all got a glimpse of what Wolters can bring but I think Megan Stewart and Maria Clarin have big upsides. Mark me down as a believer that these girls will play a much larger role next year. Hopefully the PG we have coming in next year from Eagan, MN (name escapes me) can transition to the college game quickly. Although, I felt Gabby made great strides from the start to end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    I'm willing to bet we are going to see big things from our current freshmen class next year. I was actually surprised they didn't play more this year based on thier skill sets. We all got a glimpse of what Wolters can bring but I think Megan Stewart and Maria Clarin have big upsides. Mark me down as a believer that these girls will play a much larger role next year. Hopefully the PG we have coming in next year from Eagan, MN (name escapes me) can transition to the college game quickly. Although, I felt Gabby made great strides from the start to end of the year.
                    Chloe Cornemann and Jessica Hart are the recruits for 2012. I believe AJ has said he thinks Hart will be more of an off-guard and Chloe a true PG.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      I guess the big questions for me are who will start. who will be the go to players. We have a lot of good players but wonder if some will struggle filling that go to role. I guess I would image Dietel Lingle Eide probably 3 for sure and depending how steph is next year, Gabby and Heiser? that is not a lot of starting or big time experience, Lingle needs to really fill in the starting center spot and kick butt like we know she can. Also There are a lot of players who need to step up mainly the bench who has been great but will need to fill a bigger role with 2 super seniors gone. unless a freshman comes in and earns a starting spot I guess its a crap shoot. Would love to see a healthy waytashek get to the place where I think most expected her to be as a bit of a star or major contributor but due to Injury has just not been a factor.
                      goon, I know what you are saying about starting but so many players get such big minutes I wonder if it is even that big of a deal with our women's program.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                        goon, I know what you are saying about starting but so many players get such big minutes I wonder if it is even that big of a deal with our women's program.
                        Very true, but it seems its much of an unknown as we ever had IMO. 2 starters gone and 1 with bad knee injury who might not be ready next year. Tahts filling 3 spots and I think only lingle is the obvious choice. Would love to see Walters get a lot more minutes obviously if she doesnt become a starter, she can flat out stroke it from 3.

Comment

I agree with those who mentioned a point guard. From what I've seen over the past four years, lack of a truly quick and athletic point guard is one big barrier holding the Jacks back from competing at the "next level". They have struggled both offensively and defensively at that position when matched up with that type of player in the Tournament (and against many power conference teams).

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            In addition to these four freshman,you also have to factor in Megan Waytashek,who would also be a sophomore eligibility-wise next year if she is granted a medical hardship red-shirt,which seems likely. That would make it a five person class,with basically a player at all five positions. That will keep the Jacks a very competitive team down the road,but especially in 2014-15 when the new arena opens,and Sioux Falls may be in play to bid for opening round NCAA games.

Comment

I wonder if landing a quick, athletic point guard is as tough for the women as landing a 6'11" 250+ true 5 is for the men...they are all being snatched up by the top 10 or 20 programs in the country, and mid majors don't really stand a chance.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X