Now that we've hit the big time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that we've hit the big time

My innate sense of guilt and shame have caused me to begin tweaking the "style" which displays the colors, logos, and stuff which are displayed on the board.

I've been meaning to, for a long, long time, do something about the vBulletin logo up in the upper left corner of each page, but somehow didn't get around to it. I'll be procrastinating, once I get around to it.

Anyway, down at the lower left corner, you'll find a "Quick Style Chooser" by which you can choose something other than the default style. The one I'm working on is called "yellowblue-02." It gets rid of the vBulletin logo, adds some yellow into the color scheme, and generally messes up a few other things around the corners.

If you've a mind to, go ahead and try it out. I'll probably be fiddling with it here and there for a while, but let me know what really irks you about it (I already see some things, which I'll probably get around to fixing in the fullness of time).

So . . . "yellowblue-02." (You don't want to know what happened to "yellowblue-01." It wasn't pretty.)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Now that we've hit the big time

Not trying to be insulting but the word garish come to mind. The yellow is too bright on headers, better at the bottom of posts, and text needs to be black or dk gray on the yellow headers.

Keep working on it, it will come.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Yeah, it's really pretty awful, actually. Back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by adminhare View Post
        Yeah, it's really pretty awful, actually. Back to the drawing board.
        I've removed it from the styles list. Guess this proves I'm not what you'd call a 'graphic artist,' eh?

Comment

Might want to try editing the SDSUFans-VB4 to have the paler yellow for background and reply bar. Might get you part way there. Of course I spent too much time in Sheppard to be a graphic artist.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
            Might want to try editing the SDSUFans-VB4 to have the paler yellow for background and reply bar. Might get you part way there. Of course I spent too much time in Sheppard to be a graphic artist.
            Naw, not tonight. My tail is sufficiently between my legs from tonight's fiasco. I may take another run at it in the next day or two. Thanks . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

no offense, but I always stick with the Default. So just take the default and replace the vBulletin with a logo and I'd be happy. The other ones hurt my eyes and make me not want to read any posts.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                no offense, but I always stick with the Default. So just take the default and replace the vBulletin with a logo and I'd be happy. The other ones hurt my eyes and make me not want to read any posts.
                If I was good at graphic design I wouldn't be me . . . "stick to what you know" has a nice ring to it . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  If I was good at graphic design I wouldn't be me . . . "stick to what you know" has a nice ring to it . . .
                  I appreciate the color. I think the original is too boring, for what it's worth.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                  X