Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Twins Thread (2012)

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    So if the Twins win today they would be 40-60 and if they win the next one they will be 60-40. Its early.
    But if they lose their next 2, they would be on pace for the worst record in the history of baseball.

I think it's time for complete panic to set in. Players need to be released, management fired and the franchise dismantled.

Comment

That Josh Willingham is a nice player. Cheaper than Cuddyer and we got a nice draft pick for letting Cuddyer go. Oh and he's probably better than Cuddyer.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        That Josh Willingham is a nice player. Cheaper than Cuddyer and we got a nice draft pick for letting Cuddyer go. Oh and he's probably better than Cuddyer.
        dont jinx him, now he will probably get injured. The twins just have a lot of issues to address, the have no minor league system anymore, no pitching staff, guys not producing on offense, and a ballpark that doesnt do any of them any favors.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Say there!!!!!!!! how about the twins they won again today. Two in a row.

Comment

So if the Twins win today they would be 40-60 and if they win the next one they will be 60-40. Its early.
            Please tell me that you didn't take any math classes @ SDSU. If you think winning 2 of 6 is a 40% winning percentage (or 3 of 7 = 60%), you are either a political economist, or Skip Bayless.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
              Please tell me that you didn't take any math classes @ SDSU. If you think winning 2 of 6 is a 40% winning percentage (or 3 of 7 = 60%), you are either a political economist, or Skip Bayless.
              Yes, I did take algebra and trig, plus two classes in Stats. Probability was covered. I guess I was not reaching back 50 years and thinking in those terms. I am not a big Twins fan, but think some are selling the team short and the season is less than 10 games complete. Its early. I chose to ignore the Skip Bayless comment and also the political economist comments, they make no sense to me.

The Twins find themselve 2-4 or 33.3% which is higher than 20 per cent. You are right, its not 40%.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 04-16-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

So the Twins are 2-7 with the next 10 games against the Yankees, Rays and Red Sox.

I could easily see them being 5-14 after this road trip.

It could be another very long year as a Twins fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  So the Twins are 2-7 with the next 10 games against the Yankees, Rays and Red Sox.

I could easily see them being 5-14 after this road trip.

It could be another very long year as a Twins fan.

I guess I am becoming a Twins fan after fighting it for nearly 5 decades now. Don't know why but I love to cheer on the underdog.

Comment

"Twins pitchers are dead last among MLB teams with 45 strikeouts in nine games. Nationals lead with 98 and 22 teams have at least 60."

via
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I guess I am becoming a Twins fan after fighting it for nearly 5 decades now. Don't know why but I love to cheer on the underdog.
                      I've grown up a Twins fan and will always be one. This is Twins Territory.
                      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                        I've grown up a Twins fan and will always be one. This is Twins Territory.
                        So you have bought into those commericals, I haven't. In the meantime I have been a Pirate, Dodger, Reds, White Sox and Angel fan. Where ever I lived, I followed the closest Franchise except many moons a go, I got my first baseball glove, a Ralph Kiner autographed glove and that made me a Pittsburgh Pirate fan for many years after Kiner was traded to the Cubs. Kiner used to do the games for the Pirates and some playoff games.

Comment

So you have bought into those commericals, I haven't. In the meantime I have been a Pirate, Dodger, Reds, White Sox and Angel fan. Where ever I lived, I followed the closest Franchise except many moons a go, I got my first baseball glove, a Ralph Kiner autographed glove and that made me a Pittsburgh Pirate fan for many years after Kiner was traded to the Cubs. Kiner used to do the games for the Pirates and some playoff games.
                          I don't buy into the commercials I could care less but I choose not to. Baseball is a sport that I love.
                          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I don't buy into the commercials I could care less but I choose not to. Baseball is a sport that I love.
                            The usage of "This is Twins Territory" comes out of a commerical promoted by the Twins themselves, I hear this on WNAX all the time. That aside the Twins did not do so good last night, but they can still win the series with the Yankees.

Comment

The usage of "This is Twins Territory" comes out of a commerical promoted by the Twins themselves, I hear this on WNAX all the time. That aside the Twins did not do so good last night, but they can still win the series with the Yankees.
                              Okay so yeah I said that...your point? I say it because I really believe it. It's not some showboat slogan for me.
                              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Okay so yeah I said that...your point? I say it because I really believe it. It's not some showboat slogan for me.
                                Oh Im just having a little fun. Had I never went to California in 1960 and returned in 1961, I might have been a Twins fan from day one, but when I came home thats all the people in the bars could talk about was the twins. I wanted talk about the Dodgers, but no one could relate. So I became anti-Twins and have stayed that way until this year. Its a new beginning.

Comment

Working...
                                X