Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can have all the wins ya want but ya aint winning in Vermillion

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    This whole thread is what makes me different than most(?) USD fans.
    I heard that Louie Krogman tweeted after SDSU lost to Baylor something like, "now it's time to celebrate". Probably the best win in his BASKETBALL CAREER would be his win in the dome over SDSU. I don't think that SDSU's win over USD, this season, would even be in my top 5 conference win this year. Would a home loss suck? Yes, but it wouldn't effect much in terms of who SDSU had problems beating, conference seeding, etc... I thought a little more of Louie since he grew up in South Dakota and couldn't play in the NCAA Tournament anyway but I guess he just was/is jealous. Maybe he wasn't recruited by SDSU or something like that but it just seems childish to me.
    I was actually rooting for USD's Women. I think Hegge is one heck of a player. It would have nice for her to get a few more games in.
    I know there are SDSU fans who are anti USD, too.
    I don't care who we are playing,when you blow out a team by 30, it doesn't make your top anything list.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      This whole thread is what makes me different than most(?) USD fans.
      I heard that Louie Krogman tweeted after SDSU lost to Baylor something like, "now it's time to celebrate". Probably the best win in his BASKETBALL CAREER would be his win in the dome over SDSU. I don't think that SDSU's win over USD, this season, would even be in my top 5 conference win this year. Would a home loss suck? Yes, but it wouldn't effect much in terms of who SDSU had problems beating, conference seeding, etc... I thought a little more of Louie since he grew up in South Dakota and couldn't play in the NCAA Tournament anyway but I guess he just was/is jealous. Maybe he wasn't recruited by SDSU or something like that but it just seems childish to me.
      I was actually rooting for USD's Women. I think Hegge is one heck of a player. It would have nice for her to get a few more games in.
      I know there are SDSU fans who are anti USD, too.
      If you go over to the USD board, I was told why SDSU did not recruit him. Seems like Nagy stopped some where along the line. No big deal, even though his parents are SDSU alums. No doubt there is some bitterness in Louie's heart towards SDSU. So life goes on. Lets hope Louie is prepared for life.

Comment

Wasn't he just offered a walkon spot?
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

During his/my freshman year, I made a bunch of posts on here saying how much better SDSU would have been with Louie. Oops.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            During his/my freshman year, I made a bunch of posts on here saying how much better SDSU would have been with Louie. Oops.
            RO, I don't see anything wrong with that. The way things shook out Louie probably would have been ok at State. He probably would have redshirted (if possible at the time) and played a lot his junior and senior yr. Was he going to be a superstar? No, but State only had one senior this year. I think we would have been ok with him as the second which would have evened out those scholarships as well. At WORST, he would have been a really good 6th man off the bench. With Nate this year he would have just stood at the 3 pt line and hit 5-6 threes per game.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Krogman's .383 3-point percentage this year would have put him as the #5 3-point shooter on this year's SDSU team, on a percentage accuracy basis. Dykstra, Callahan, Carlson, and White were all over 40% for the year from behind the arc.

Of course, it's possible (or maybe even likely) that with Wolters (202/75 A/TO ratio, 2.69) running the offense rather than Louie having to do it himself (107/56 A/TO, 1.91) Krogman's 3-point percentage would have been better.

On State's 2011-12 lineup, Krogman would certainly not have gotten anywhere near the 36 minutes a game he got last season at USD. It's impossible to know if he would have started in front of Callahan or Carlson for the Jacks. (I think it goes without saying that he would not have started at the point over Wolters--doesn't it?)

As it turned out, going to USD was probably the best thing for Krogman to have done.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I see that that the Coyote women attracted a whooping 1,569 fans to the Dome for their second-round WNIT loss last night. I'm glad that I didn't go and become 1,570. Or using USD ticket-counting math, numbers 1,570, 1,571 and 1,572.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Krogman's .383 3-point percentage this year would have put him as the #5 3-point shooter on this year's SDSU team, on a percentage accuracy basis. Dykstra, Callahan, Carlson, and White were all over 40% for the year from behind the arc.

Of course, it's possible (or maybe even likely) that with Wolters (202/75 A/TO ratio, 2.69) running the offense rather than Louie having to do it himself (107/56 A/TO, 1.91) Krogman's 3-point percentage would have been better.

On State's 2011-12 lineup, Krogman would certainly not have gotten anywhere near the 36 minutes a game he got last season at USD. It's impossible to know if he would have started in front of Callahan or Carlson for the Jacks. (I think it goes without saying that he would not have started at the point over Wolters--doesn't it?)

As it turned out, going to USD was probably the best thing for Krogman to have done.
                  I think our definition of being beneficial towards the team is different. I'm not saying he would have started or played 36 minutes a game. I believe he could have played around 20-25 minutes his junior and senior years and had an impact on the team with his shooting/scoring off the bench. He would have been a defensive liability, but still could have put in some minutes.

I'm not a Louie guy by any means and I've only seen him play in college. I just think State would have been just fine having him on the team for 4 years and at worst he's coming off the bench as a 6th/7th man this year. Would have been nice to redshirt Zach's/Prince right?

Comment

Working...
                  X